Any product recs for Combo/Oily Skin ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have combo skin (oily forehead and nose and dry everywhere else) and need product recs for the following:

moisturizer

sunscreen (preffer a PPD of 10>.. currently use Shiseido spf55 w/ a PPD of 8)

makeup primer

mattifier

foundation

loose powder

any recs appreciated! my skin usually behaves but since its summer i just can't stand being shiny..blech
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by ayce I have combo skin (oily forehead and nose and dry everywhere else) and need product recs for the following:
moisturizer

makeup primer

mattifier

foundation

loose powder

any recs appreciated! my skin usually behaves but since its summer i just can't stand being shiny..blech
icon_frown.gif

I have oily skin too and for a cleanser I use Avene's Gel Cleanser!PERFECT!PERFECT!PERFECT!I use it for 9 years!!I use once or twice a week Avene's Gentle Exfoliator.Then I use Biotherm's Aquasource Non Stop for a moisturizer!!It's gorgeous for combo oily skins!! But i've figured out that exfoliating your skin it's the best thing you can do if you have combo or oily skin!!!And after exfoliating use a very good moisturizer!!

Here are my suggestions ayce! I have combination skin that is slightly on the oily side. I find using less products works best for me. Loading the skin with lots of different products thinking you're sorting out the oil really only adds to the problem IMO anyway!

Moisturizer - Olay Complete Care Nourishing Fluid

Sunscreen - haven't found one that i liked yet

Makeup primer - tried Laura Mercier but it severely clogged my pores so i havent touched another primer since

Mattifier - If i dont use Olay Complete Care Nourishing fluid, i use Shiseido Pureness Mattifying Moisturiser

Foundation - Estee Lauder Doublewear (without doubt the best foundation ever made for oily skin!)

Loose powder - Estee Lauder Lucidity Translucent Powder.

Anyway those are the products that work for me. I'd recommend trying samples if you can get hold of them!

where do you get avene products? never heard of them. whats the price range? cheap or high end?

Originally Posted by Sophia I have oily skin too and for a cleanser I use Avene's Gel Cleanser!PERFECT!PERFECT!PERFECT!I use it for 9 years!!I use once or twice a week Avene's Gentle Exfoliator.Then I use Biotherm's Aquasource Non Stop for a moisturizer!!It's gorgeous for combo oily skins!! But i've figured out that exfoliating your skin it's the best thing you can do if you have combo or oily skin!!!And after exfoliating use a very good moisturizer!!

Originally Posted by jennyb where do you get avene products? never heard of them. whats the price range? cheap or high end? Avene is a French brand and I'm buying it from the pharmacies! This cleanser has 11 euros.It's not an expensive brand!
icon_redface.gif

hi ayce! i've got that combo skin thing going on also. the following products work well for me:

moisturizer - sundari neem and avocado (hydrates dry areas and absords oil in oily areas)

sunscreen - aveeno skin bright (spf15)

foundation - prescriptives custom blend with oil control

pressed powder - physicians formula bronzer (matches my skin tone perfectly)

sorry, i have no suggestions for primer or mattifier, i don't use either. hope the info helps your search.

Originally Posted by ayce I have combo skin (oily forehead and nose and dry everywhere else) and need product recs for the following:
moisturizer

makeup primer

mattifier

foundation

loose powder

icon_frown.gif

I only have a rec. for a sunscreen. I love Isomers spf 20 with uv pearls. It feels light, has never broken me out and does not burn my eyes. I order from shopnbc.com and it is reasonable at 4 oz. for $14.50. Sometimes it is buy one get one free-but not often so I stock up when it is.

oh thanks!!!

Originally Posted by Sophia Avene is a French brand and I'm buying it from the pharmacies! This cleanser has 11 euros.It's not an expensive brand!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia I have oily skin too and for a cleanser I use Avene's Gel Cleanser!PERFECT!PERFECT!PERFECT!I use it for 9 years!!I use once or twice a week Avene's Gentle Exfoliator.Then I use Biotherm's Aquasource Non Stop for a moisturizer!!It's gorgeous for combo oily skins!! But i've figured out that exfoliating your skin it's the best thing you can do if you have combo or oily skin!!!And after exfoliating use a very good moisturizer!!
Have you ever tried Korres products? They are absolutely wonderful!!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by tweeter Have you ever tried Korres products? They are absolutely wonderful!!
claps.gif
I have tried Korres products for the body but I had an allergic reactions to them and now I'm afraid of buying face products from this brand!!!

Minimizing Blemish Cream Tinted AND Blemish Control AND Instant Shine Control Gel AND Bright Plus Total Brightening Essence

To refine facial contours for a beautiful, youthful appearance :

Bright Plus Target Zone Brightening Corrector AND UV Plus Protective Day Screen SPF 40 AND Bright Plus Brightening Cleansing Mousse

Use an exfoliating treatment or facial mask once / twice a week :

Gentle Exfoliating Refiner AND Aromatic Plant Purifying Mask AND Bright Plus Gentle Brightening Exfoliator

For the eye contour area :

Eye Contour Gel AND Eye Revive Beauty Flash OR Skin-Smoothing Eye Mask

moisturizer

makeup primer

mattifier

foundation

loose powder

icon_frown.gif

I don't use all of these products but here are a few recs, I have very oily skin prone to clogged pores, by the way:

Moisturizer: Cetaphil cream -- it's noncomedogenic so it won't clog your pores, and on the rare occasion I get a patch of dry skin it clears it right up!

Powder: CoverGirl Professional Loose Powder -- THE only powder I've found that keeps my face matte for more than 2 hours, and I've tried department store brands too!

Mattifier: My dermatologist recommended Clinac OC Oil Control Gel (most drugstores don't have it in stock but you can ask a pharmacist to order it for you, since it's non-prescription). I've also heard good reviews for Sally Hansen's Cornsilk Mattifier. However, neither of these products made a big difference on my oily skin, but they may work for you if your skin is a little less oily than mine!

Foundation: Right now I'm using L'Oreal Mattique Oil-Free Foundation. It's not the best for keeping my face matte, but the color matches better than any other foundations I've tried, and it has a nice medium coverage! Right now a lot of girls are raving about Prescriptive's Flawless Skin foundation!

I have more info about oily, acne-prone skin in my notepad if you're interested!

For moisturizer I would suggest Olay. It works really good. Get the formula for oily skin even though you are dry because it will still moisturize the dry areas.

Clinque has a good mattifier and makeup primer. It is a part of the pore perfecting line. Its about 14$ for the step one tube. It serves as a primer and reduces oil and shine dramatically!!!

Foundation oil free/ moisturizer with spf by Almay works good

Loose powder-- Tony and tina enviornmental rescue powder. Sets in foundation and takes away oil. Clear so wont alter color of blush or foundation

hope this helps

I really love Neotrogena's healthy skin enhancer tinted moisturizer. It is a sunscreen (SPF 20), a moistuizer with Retinol to improve your skin and a foundartion all in one. So you don't have to bother wasting money on getting three separate products. The stuff comes in a really easy to use pump and costs about 10 bucks.

For a makeup primer I really like DHC Velvet Coat, it is $20.00, and your skin will look flawless and your foundation will just glide on.

moisturizer

makeup primer

mattifier

foundation

loose powder

icon_frown.gif

Ok...For the Oily areas...I reccomend "A Personalizer" (Can be found at website below) Intelligence Personalizer absorbs oil before moisturizing or applying makeup w/a light dusting of Personalizer that helps balance oily redness & keeps your matte finish intact for hours.
For foundation/loose powder have you ever tried a minerial makeup? Ours comes with a 45 day money back guarentee. 15 shads. Free kabuki brush.

We have an antiaging sunsreen spf 8 day that is for most skin types and is self adjusting.

For your skin type you should check out Intelligence Smart set skin care line....it is self adjusting for Dry...normal...Combo...Oily skin types. Certified Vegan.

Ann
smile.gif

i like neutrogena's skincare..the use the foaming anti-acne wash. i also like biore's products.

Latest posts

Back