Any readers in the house?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
we post all the time about our other hobbies, why not books? for the last 4 or 5 years i was reading only self help and beauty books, but lately i'm loving reading fiction, and i especially have this obsession with romance novels! does anyone else share my love of books, and if so what are you reading currently?

i am reading a little book called "stone cold seduction" by brenda jackson. it's a story about a young lady that tracks her mom to Montana. the mom has fallen madly in love with a retired forest ranger and his hold up with him on his mountain. i know it sound hoaky, but i love this stuff! lmao~ please feel free to share because i'd love to add to my book wish list!

I read all the time, too. Right now I'm reading "The Essentials of Philosophy" and "The Sweet Potatoes Queens Guide to Men."

I love to read, literature is my biggest passion! With an MA in English Literature it's hard not to love books
wink.gif
Currently, I'm reading lots of eighteenth-century novels and conduct books for my PhD, but I'm also reading various other books in between just for my private pleasure. At the moment all my spare time is spent on history - I'm devouring my second biography of the six wives of Henry VIII and afterwards plan to read Antonia Fraser's latest biography of the women in the life of Louis XIV.

lol one day the ground will fall under me because of all the books i own ^^

right now i'm reading a book for uni, it's about witchcraft in France, and it's really interesting.

Ooooh, girl, I could go on and on! Lol. I practically devore a good book. I expecially love historical romance novels, romance in general too. Also mystery- any good fiction with an interesting plot, really.

I am currently reading a memoir called "Come Back". its very touching and eerie. I also love reading romance/subtle tastefully written erotic fiction.

I used to read so much when I was younger. I still read sometimes now but not as much. I loved reading horror books ,Stephen King and Anne Rice. Also loved historical romances, like 600 paged books about dukes, duchesses, and kings and queens.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks Share.
I seriously need to start reading books again. I currently listening to an audiobook - The Kite Runner.

That is a GREAT book Marisol!! Read it if you get a chance! Right now I'm just starting The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. My mom's book club read it and she said it's fantastic!

Originally Posted by jessiej78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ooooh, girl, I could go on and on! Lol. I practically devore a good book. I expecially love historical romance novels, romance in general too. Also mystery- any good fiction with an interesting plot, really. these are the books i'm into now as well! i just finish the one i mention above so now i'm on to amazon to see what's next. i'm thinking another beverly jenkins romance! something hot and steamy! lmao~

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f59...now-69505.html
https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f59...ays-13916.html

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f59...oks-64169.html

thanks for the heads up. i guess i've missed quite a few threads on books!

I'm very oldschool with my books.

Lots of Classics - Jules Verne Stuff, the Divine Comedy, Bronte, heck, I read Moby **** for fun (which was NOT fun -the book would have been really really good if we take out all the chapters about whale info).

I LOVE Lewis Carrol (Alice is my all time favorite). Love all the Anne books too.

As for new books, I get picky with them. I like some chicklit, Memoirs was good, a lot of biographical based books about wars and other countries (vietnam, communist china, etc)

Oh, my book buying test - I read the first page, and if I can stop reading and not care for it, I dont buy it.

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh, my book buying test - I read the first page, and if I can stop reading and not care for it, I dont buy it. i'm pretty much the same way. i need to get got within the first 2 pages!

Latest posts

Back