Any recommendations for makeup from Clinique?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Clarifying Powder featured in a lot of magazines? The powder suppose to help to keep your skin clear from pimples.

Clinique's best features IMHO are their lip products
smile.gif

I've been having a lot of bad luck with clinique's products so I just stop trying
frown.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme Clinique's best features IMHO are their lip products
smile.gif

I used to love Clinques foundation called creamy glow along with their face powder to set it. I used them for years as the coverage of the foundation was amazing! Now that i am older i use their superfit liquid foundation which i totally love. It's great for wearing at the gym as it can withstand a sweaty workout. I also used their 3 step skincare and loved the cleanser which was great for removing the heavy coverage foundation.

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme Clinique's best features IMHO are their lip products
smile.gif
I agree!
I really like their Long Last Soft Shine lipsticks.

I used to be a traveling makeup artist with Clinique (they never wanted to call us makeup artists...I think their term was traveling beauty crew or something like that)...anyway I hate their skin care but love their lip colors. If want a "pop" of color without looking made up I use either Tender Heart lipgloss (for a pink shade) or Honeybee (for a brown shade). They look very natural....close to your own lip color. My favorite lip pencils are from Lancome. Their lipsticke, lip pencils are waterproof and stay put without being dry on your lips. My best pick is bronzelle lip line ane fraichelle lip liner. Great colors no matter what your lipstick color is! Candace Corey Makeup & Hair Artist www.candacecorey.com

I agree, I hate clinique's skin care, especially their 3 step system. The toners have so much alcohol in it that it's stripping your skin dry and yet people still use it. I used to use this when i was in high school and i was damaging my young skin and it took a lonnng time to fix. I cant believe the sales people would tell me at 16 years old to try that stuff on my face and tell me its made for the most sensitive people and it's the best skin care around. What a whole bunch of liars. No offense to anyone, but i felt like venting a bit. hehe
smile.gif

Originally Posted by candacecorey I used to be a traveling makeup artist with Clinique (they never wanted to call us makeup artists...I think their term was traveling beauty crew or something like that)...anyway I hate their skin care but love their lip colors. If want a "pop" of color without looking made up I use either Tender Heart lipgloss (for a pink shade) or Honeybee (for a brown shade). They look very natural....close to your own lip color.
My favorite lip pencils are from Lancome. Their lipsticke, lip pencils are waterproof and stay put without being dry on your lips. My best pick is bronzelle lip line ane fraichelle lip liner. Great colors no matter what your lipstick color is!

Candace Corey

Makeup & Hair Artist

www.candacecorey.com

Its not alcohol that was drying you out.....it was the Acetone in it....you know...like in fingernail polish remover! Yep. Ask at the other counters....most of the other makeup counter use Cliniques toner on their counter tops to remove stuff it they can't get it off easily because of the acetone in it. My thoughts are....if Cutex removed acetone from their fingernail polish (they still have some bottles with it) because it is too drying for your nails...hmmmmm.....why would it be good for your face? just a thought. I prefer Aveda's spray on toner, Lancome's toner for dry skin or Colorscience's spray on toner with aromatherapy (Aveda is aromatherapy too). These have glycerine in them which is a natural humectant and pulls moisture from the air. Great stuff. Candace Corey Makeup & Hair Artist www.candacecorey.com

I have Lancome lip pencils from the '90's, they work great! & clinique lip stuff also, not the 3-step nor makeup for me - except they had an undereye concealer/sunscreen in a small swivel tube that rocked - used it everywhere, it's morphed into their spf makeup line. Don't remember what it was called - 1992 or thereabouts. You'll die - had some left & mixed it up with my eyecream & use it still...wasn't drying to my eyes & didn't burn or pull the skin, haven't found anything since that works that doesn't have wax, parafin or mineral oil in it. Anyone done any research on Oleda's line? www.oleda.com. She's had ads forever in mags about hair & beauty & she looks totally amazing at 69. Tempting - yet in my own fashion I do the nutrition/massage/skincare thing. Any comments?

Yah thats right, thats the word, acetone. I remembered someone told me about that too. How they used clinique's toner to remove stuff. I cant imagine a company that suggest people put that stuff on their face when it's drying out their nails. That is terrible. By the way, i do use aveda's all sensitve toner spray. It makes my face feels very hydrated.

Originally Posted by candacecorey Its not alcohol that was drying you out.....it was the Acetone in it....you know...like in fingernail polish remover! Yep. Ask at the other counters....most of the other makeup counter use Cliniques toner on their counter tops to remove stuff it they can't get it off easily because of the acetone in it. My thoughts are....if Cutex removed acetone from their fingernail polish (they still have some bottles with it) because it is too drying for your nails...hmmmmm.....why would it be good for your face? just a thought. I prefer Aveda's spray on toner, Lancome's toner for dry skin or Colorscience's spray on toner with aromatherapy (Aveda is aromatherapy too). These have glycerine in them which is a natural humectant and pulls moisture from the air. Great stuff. Candace Corey Makeup & Hair Artist www.candacecorey.com

Latest posts

Back