Any thoughts on the new American Idol winner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My favorite was Diana but since the judges wanted Fantasia to win it was pretty obvious that she was going to win. Both of them are good and deserved to be in the finals. I'm just blown away how much Diana has grown as a singer and performer since the beginning of the competition. She has a great career ahead of her.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) My favorite was Diana but since the judges wanted Fantasia to win it was pretty obvious that she was going to win. Both of them are good and deserved to be in the finals. I'm just blown away how much Diana has grown as a singer and performer since the beginning of the competition. She has a great career ahead of her.
icon_biggrin.gif
I personally thought it should have been Diana..I'm not a fan of Fantasia's style of singing..All that unnecessary vocal vibrato gives me a headache.Fantasia derserved to be a finalist but, I wasn't seeing why she was the favorite

Originally Posted by naturally Exactly .....You said it Allison ....I wanted Diana to win so much ...but I didn't feel it in the last show ..she was good ..but she had done better ..and Fantasia is good ..but I don't like all that "unnecessary vocal vibrato" (as you put it) ...to me it's like Please ..get on with the song. Fantasia had a certain "stage presence". I'm hoping things turn out like last AI ..where Clay Aiken really soared and fast ...hope that's so with Diana. And I also felt like they (judges ..whomever) knew before the end ..that she was going to win because that song "I Believe" was like it was hers already. Does that make sense? Totally makes sense..I think Diana has a great career ahead of her regardless of last nite's outcome..I'm seeing another Clay sitution as you pointed out..I just don't understand what constitutes Talent these days.This contest was IMO based on popularity..not talent as it should have been..If I wanted to hear yodeling I'd take a trip to the Swiss Alps

OMG, FANTASIA won??? How annoying, i really disliked her attitude so i didnt want her to win. Im looking forward to watchin it now tonight!

Originally Posted by naturally Did you hear what Simon said ..it was something to the nature that the past three AI winners were right on target ...talented ..should have won ...blah blah blah! SORRY ...I didn't feel that way ...CLAY should have won (IMHO) ...and the fact that his career took off so much quicker should say something. Ruben is good ...but Clay had it. Same with this situation last night. It boils down to who calls the most times and not talent. I found the fact that Rueben won last year laughable..And THEN..they nominate him for a Grammy?!? What the hell for??Sorry,he was good but not that good.And I agree with the win via multiple phone calls..I wonder,If they had limited it to one call per house hold who would have won then??Ummm,Diana

Originally Posted by naturally WHAT ...a GRAMMY ...NO WAY! OMG ..Clay was SOOOO much better. That is just too much ...and yes ..LAUGHABLE! LOL.
I think that would be a FAB idea ...make it so only 1 call per household registers or after that first call ...any others you will have to pay ROYALLY! LOL Each household gets 1 free call and $5.95 per vote after that (or more).

OT but Naturally is that your daughter?? The pic you have as your avatar?? She's adorable
smile.gif

Originally Posted by naturally That's my girl! She was 5 or 6 in that picture (going on 26) LOL. Thank you! AWWW Bless, she's SUCH a cutie!!

LOL! She's got her priorities straight there!! Career first, boys later -LOL!

AGREED! Diana was railroaded by the judges, esp Simon! What a dork. Altho they are both good, Diana is a singer and Fantasia is a church gospel singer. Diana was the CLEAR winner IMHO, just like last year with Clay Aiken! Dammit

Originally Posted by allisong

I personally thought it should have been Diana..I'm not a fan of Fantasia's style of singing..All that unnecessary vocal vibrato gives me a headache.Fantasia derserved to be a finalist but, I wasn't seeing why she was the favorite

Do you mean you would love to hear is recorded?

Originally Posted by naturally

You know ..they BOTH made recordings of that "I Believe" ..but only Fantasia's gets recorded ...I'd LOVE to hear Diana's rendition. Although I still am of the thinking that song was literally written for Fantasia ..it's more of a Gospel type song ..or maybe it seemed that way with that chorus! Still would love to hear Diana sing it ..sure she could do it justice w/o that vibrato! LOL

Originally Posted by naturally WHAT ...a GRAMMY ...NO WAY! OMG ..Clay was SOOOO much better. That is just too much ...and yes ..LAUGHABLE! LOL. I think that would be a FAB idea ...make it so only 1 call per household registers or after that first call ...any others you will have to pay ROYALLY! LOL Each household gets 1 free call and $5.95 per vote after that (or more). Yea a flippin' Grammy..I was like What are they smokin'? Clay was better yes but even he didn't deserve a Grammy nod.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) AGREED! Diana was railroaded by the judges, esp Simon! What a dork. Altho they are both good, Diana is a singer and Fantasia is a church gospel singer. Diana was the CLEAR winner IMHO, just like last year with Clay Aiken! Dammit I can't even see Fantasia singing gospel..She spent most of her time yelling and screaming.Did you see the strained look on her face?Singing if done properly is supposed to flow..smoothly..The person doing the singing is NOT supposed to look as though they're constipated and in pain

Originally Posted by laura127 LOL! She's got her priorities straight there!! Career first, boys later -LOL! Who says you can't have both?

Originally Posted by naturally Well ..yes ...and NO ..she's not allowed to date until at least 30! LOL! No ..she knows to get her schooling out of the way and her degree in Vet. Meds ..and then she can play the field! To get too boy crazy before that ..than it's possible her dreams would get on the back burner. I did things that way ..granted she doesn't have to ..but I'd rather her achieve her goals first then boys later! LOL! That goes with that getting preggars early too ...we don't want that! Hahahahhah Till she's 30. Good one! Is she going to be a nun? lol... It's always fun to have a beau in school. I loved it. But b/c is important! Hopefully when you are over 18, you use it! Afterall, you're an adult. sigh.... I know .. I know... lol
ccembardog.jpg
<-- Fido ....... .. Fido's college g/f, Fifi -->
ccembardog2.jpg

I agree with you and Allison about the "unnecessary vocal vibrato". It's too much. And yes it did look like the judges knew before it was over. I feel like the judges also tried to do whatever they can to make sure Fantasia will win over Diana.

HAhahahahaha ROFL!!! Constipated LOL Ali wins the funny post of the day
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by allisong

I can't even see Fantasia singing gospel..She spent most of her time yelling and screaming.Did you see the strained look on her face?Singing if done properly is supposed to flow..smoothly..The person doing the singing is NOT supposed to look as though they're constipated and in pain

Originally Posted by Calypso412 I was soooooo upset when Fantasia won. Diana had MUCH more class and talent rather than Fantasia's screaming (you ever notice when she is singing, she bends over liek she's a chicken?). I think that somehow the competition was rigged in favor for her. Fantasia's first song sucked!! but all the judges say "the accompiment was awful...". And the candle from Toni Braxton? C'mon, like something wasn't messed with that... lol @ "Diana had MUCH more class and talent rather than Fantasia's screaming (you ever notice when she is singing, she bends over liek she's a chicken?). "
hAHAHAHAHAH very colorful image you painted there!

Latest posts

Back