any tips for getting kitchen sink super white?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My white porcelain kitchen sink is so hard to keep looking sparkly clean. Every time I put my large pots in there, it gets these black "skid" marks. And food really discolors it easily, too. I scrub it every night with clorox bleach powder, and it looks good, but not for long! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Nicole

When I used to have white tubs and sinks, I would fill it up with cold water. Then I would add alot of liquid bleach and just let it soak for a while. I did this about once a week and it stayed pretty clean. Make sure when you clean with bleach you use COLD water.

I am obsessed with keeping my sink nice, I use ajax and scrub scrub scrub, then IF that dos'nt get it all, I spray clorox cleanup on it, and then shine it with windex. LOL... former flylady

Actually, i found that dishwasher detergent works WONDERS! I fill my sink with HOT HOT HOT water and add it... swish it around, seems to do the job really well! It also works on my counters to get rid of stains from coffee etc.HTH

thanks, envymi...I always use warm or hot water, and the powder bleach. I'll try liquid bleach and cold water next time, and check it out! When and if we remodel our kitchen, perhaps my husband can put in a different type of sink...one that's lower maintenance. Do you ever feel like you spend most of your time cleaning? I do!

Originally Posted by envymi When I used to have white tubs and sinks, I would fill it up with cold water. Then I would add alot of liquid bleach and just let it soak for a while. I did this about once a week and it stayed pretty clean. Make sure when you clean with bleach you use COLD water.

Shanel, I scrub and scrub with the powdered bleach (clorox, ajax), and it still doesn;t get it all perfectly white. Perhaps I need to take the extra steps. How come you're a former flylady? Did ya get yourself a housekeeper? Sigh..wouldn't that be cool.....

Originally Posted by Shanel I am obsessed with keeping my sink nice, I use ajax and scrub scrub scrub, then IF that dos'nt get it all, I spray clorox cleanup on it, and then shine it with windex. LOL... former flylady

Hi envymi,

I just wanted to let you know that I tried your tip for getting my sink cleaner and it worked so well!! I barely had to lift a finger, I just let it soak for a bit and all the nastiness just rinsed away! Yay.

icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by envymi When I used to have white tubs and sinks, I would fill it up with cold water. Then I would add alot of liquid bleach and just let it soak for a while. I did this about once a week and it stayed pretty clean. Make sure when you clean with bleach you use COLD water.

Originally Posted by Nicolet Hi envymi,
I just wanted to let you know that I tried your tip for getting my sink cleaner and it worked so well!! I barely had to lift a finger, I just let it soak for a bit and all the nastiness just rinsed away! Yay.

icon_smile.gif

I'm glad it worked for you. I'm extremely obsessive about keeping everything clean, so any other tips you need just ask away!

Latest posts

Back