Anybody allergic to Bath&Body Works wash?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Two years ago I loved Bath and Body Works products, since I got these bumps I didnt know why, I decided to use Aveeno wash instead of B&B Works, the allergic reaction dissapeared. I wonder if anybody else here had some allergic reaction to that line...

Originally Posted by bluebird26 Two years ago I loved Bath and Body Works products, since I got these bumps I didnt know why, I decided to use Aveeno wash instead of B&B Works, the allergic reaction dissapeared. I wonder if anybody else here had some allergic reaction to that line... No, I can't say that I have. But B&BW as well as most other shower gel products are more detergent than soap. (PH level here.) It's important to rinse thoroughly to remove all traces of the product.

Me too, Ive been told that this can happen with any products though with time you body just develops an intolerance- not much you can do about it.

Originally Posted by bluebird26 Two years ago I loved Bath and Body Works products, since I got these bumps I didnt know why, I decided to use Aveeno wash instead of B&B Works, the allergic reaction dissapeared. I wonder if anybody else here had some allergic reaction to that line...

I haven't tried the washes but my skin got sensitive to the body lotions. I think because the scents are pretty strong and my skin is very sensitive.

BBW's products KILL me! I'm an aromatherapist and I can smell an artifical frangrance a mile away. I think they have been steadily increasing the level of additives in their products because I can't even walk on the same side of the mall a BBW store is on or I end up running for an epi-pen (okay, maybe not THAT bad, but I am itching jus think about it). My daughter never used to have a problem with BBW, but lately even she has said their products seem "heavier", and theydon't seem to soak sit on the skin as well. Mineral Oil overload perhaps?

I have that reaction with their lotions that aren't anitbacterial. My skin has built up a tolerance though because,in high school when I used their lotions, my skin felt like it was burning. Now I occasionally get bumps, which kind of sucks because I start working there tomorrow.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back