Anybody watching the new America's Top Model?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you think of the girl with an eating disorder? I hope Tyra finds out about it and will do something. Women and young girls need to realize how serios eating orders are and that no woman should put their health at risk for trying to be thin and think that they need to be that way to be accepted. I watched a documentary once about a girl with Anorexia and it totally freaked me out. I can't imagine anyone doing that to themselves. I know the fashion industry doesn't help with creating healthy self-images for women either since the models seem to be super thin and some of them even look unhealthy.

Hiya Reija, i havnt got this latest version here only the second series. To be honest with you, the American models of the 80s were much healthier looking women. I used to read 17 when i lived over there and it promoted health and fitness and the all American girl look. I think that because the industry is based in New York , it tends to be too European in the way it chooses its look for the models. As an English woman, i think America should focus on the natural athletic and healthy look and choose women who look like they have just been working out and who eat well and have glowing skin instead of these waifer thin creatures who look like they have just woke up in a crack den.

I agree with you that the healthy looking women who look like they work out regularly and eat healthy should be the model type chosen these days. Especially since we know a lot more now about health and what is healthy for our bodies. I think it's about time that the modeling industry starts to favor those type of women too.

Latest posts

Back