Anyone else going on a "no-buy"?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am thinking about a NO BUY until Rebel Rock comes out.. IF i even get anything from that. i counted my stuff last night and this is what i have:

45 pots of e/s

15 palettes of all sizes (15 pan, 6 color, quads etc)

10 Lipsticks

12 pigments

Multiple pencils

4 lipglasses ( i dont use them much)

6 blushes/shimmer powders

uh- i think i need to chill some and go on a NO BUY!
hahaha.gif

I'm thinking that that's the way to go... although mine would be for monetary reasons moreso than because I have a lot... BUT I know that I'm going to come into a lot of extra $$ next month which will set me up to go on a SPREE so I think it'll be easy to do a NO BUY til then... especially now that I've gotten turned on to Stila...
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by MacForMe I am thinking about a NO BUY until Rebel Rock comes out.. IF i even get anything from that. i counted my stuff last night and this is what i have:

45 pots of e/s

10 Lipsticks

12 pigments

Multiple pencils

hahaha.gif

i haven't really been buying too much stuff. except for the stila and tiny c-squeeze stuff.

i've sold some makeup also, so i'll check out rebel rock and the new collections. it was my b-day yesterday and didn't get anything, so i have an excuse. lol

i'm proud of myself. i haven't been buying makeup lately. i have everything i need (i love extras, but i'd rather save my money up for a car instead and i'm close!), so when i DO need something, i'll buy it. everything else i swap for
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by MacForMe I am thinking about a NO BUY until Rebel Rock comes out.. IF i even get anything from that. i counted my stuff last night and this is what i have:
45 pots of e/s

10 Lipsticks

12 pigments

Multiple pencils

hahaha.gif

Ha Ha...Yeah right !!!

I've been on a no-buy this month. I was planning on only doing it for the month of July, but the way my budget is looking I may be on a no buy for another month by default! I have a ton of makeup as it is. I took pics of my stash last night and I was shocked by how much stuff I have! Being on a no buy has taught me to appreciate and use the colors that I already have rather than running out and buying some new thing that strikes my fancy.

I thought I really loved the Rebel Rock stuff when I first saw it here on MuT, but I know I'm going to want a lot of stuff from Naturally Eccentric so I'm going on a semi-no-buy. By this I mean that I'm going to buy the Shiseido concealer that I need and maybe some Shiseido compact foundation and that's gonna be it until Naturally Eccentric.

During the school year, I go to college in this little town, and I can't get anything good unless I order it online. So, basically, I'm always on a no-buy while I'm there until November when I go on an online shopping spree and feel horribly guilty afterwards. Haha. And usually that's just clothes. After I buy more "basics" like brushes and some eyeshadows that will be my staples and some better face makeup...I will be done for a loooong long time. I just need to get the good quality stuff for sure.

im TRYING to. im trying my hardest. rebel rock and naturally eccentric are so gonna drain me. then it saving for xmas and definantly a super hard no buy. ive been good ive only purchased on ebay and thats outta the paypal funds ive had in there. and after thats gone no buy till rebel rock. maybe a mascara. fiberrichlashwhatever is aggervating me. I REALLY dont like it.

oh SURE! I go on a NO BUY and what was in my email this morning? MAC tempting me with Rebel Rock, which is now up on their site.. and to complete that, there was a little note that said : Visit MACCOSMETICS.com and receive FREE STANDARD SHIPPING with any purchase. This is an email-only offer. Use offer code SF75E at checkout.

damn them! (shakes fist in some wild gesture while muttering really foul language)

I am only checking out the skinfinishes tomorrow. After that, its no buy until Naturally Eccentric.

I have a horrible confession. I bought something today. I was at the drugstore for my once a month trip to refill my prescription, and I picked up two eye shadows. I bought Milani Atlantis and Wild and Crazy New U Girl. I couldn't resist, but I only paid 99 cents for each, so at least I'm not breaking the bank.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I have a horrible confession. I bought something today. I was at the drugstore for my once a month trip to refill my prescription, and I picked up two eye shadows. I bought Milani Atlantis and Wild and Crazy New U Girl. I couldn't resist, but I only paid 99 cents for each, so at least I'm not breaking the bank. I think that you will be ok.

I'm officially on a no-buy. That Stila discount haul was more than enough for a while. More than a while.
icon_neutral.gif

That's what I,ve been doing for the past month and a half. I,ve been a little busy and haven't had time to really shop all that much.

Originally Posted by Sofia I'm officially on a no-buy. That Stila discount haul was more than enough for a while. More than a while.
icon_neutral.gif
I'm with Sofia on this one.. I spent lots on Stila products recently & i bought a few things on eBay. I owe my parents €450 from using their CC in the last month! So i'm officially on a no-buy until further notice.

well- i didn't run out to see RebelRock.. but.. now, there is Idol Eyes coming out in September, i can make it until then.. i can! no! REALLY! I CAN!!!! (repeating to self)

I was on a "No buy" today as I was getting gifts for my step sister. I did have some House of Fraser loyalty vouchers to spend though so I went in there with Trisha and ended up with a Paula Dorf powder brush. It seems they're discontinuing the line there so it was 70% off, I'll be back on wednesday to get some other brushes too!

Latest posts

Back