Anyone else had a problem with mineral makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually can't wear mineral makeup, because sunscreens with titanium/zinc make me break out for some reason. You'd think that a powder form would be different, but even loose/powder foundation with a lot of titanium dioxide in it does. I think sometimes it's used for SPF and other times just for pigment. I don't have any burning or irritation, just huge cystic pimples after a day or two. I can sometimes avoid it if I wash my face extremely thoroughly at night, though. I have to first use an oil cleanser to melt all the makeup off, and then wash my face again with a regular cleanser.

I suggest applying with a latex sponge instead. all that buffing pushes TD or ZO into the pores causing breakouts. 

YUP! first brand I tried was Arbonne's and it's supposed to be so natural. Looked fantastic, but made my face itch. So i started looking into ingredients. It's the bismuch oxychloride. It's in MANY brands.

I use LA Minerals for years now...no problems - no bismuth :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love LaBella Donna mineral makeup!  I've been using it for four years and have not, in my life, found anything better.  I love that it's zinc-based!

I really love bare minerals, but I gravitate towards Simplicity and Crush.  They're both wonderful and offer great customer service.

Wow, I'm so glad I came to this forum, I've been wearing BM for about 5 years now and it makes my skin itch like nobodys business! It doesn't happen everytime (usually when it's hot out and I'm sweating) so I always thought that maybe it was the brush and that I was buffing too hard. My skin in my teens (when I wasn't using BM) was almost flawless and now it's just a jacked up mess. I don't know why I never put two and two together before but this makes a lot of sense.

I'm sure a lot of my problem is stress, but I had a lot of stress in my teens too and my skin never looked like it does now. Looks like I'm going to have to find another foundation to use.

I have used other products but never the “mineral veil” before.  I instantly felt a stinging and began to break out in what appear to be blisters?  I used make up wipes, soap, and multiple hot compresses to try and take the swelling down.  Needless to say, I do NOT RECOMMEND this product.

Being a maker of mineral products I concur, it is the Bismuth ingredient. I started out with Bare Minerals and it was ok until summer came and my face sweat and the itching started. This drove me to make my own product to get away from the unnecessary additions they put in their product.
True mineral foundation can be a very, very simple thing and still work very well.
Going on 15 years now of making and wearing it and still works well, even on "older" skin (like 66 yrs).

Not really. Sometimes I find that mineral makeups can be buildable when touching up in humid environments.

It's great for the initial make-up application, but for touch ups, definitely use your judgement.

Latest posts

Back