Anyone ever done a cleanse???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was having some digestion problems a while ago and nothing my doctor gave helped. So I tried a few colonic cleansing treatments. Helped a little, but lately I've been feeling really tired and I started breaking out a little( I never used to break out at all). So I started researching all kinds of possibilites. I came across some info on Candida and parasites. So, I was on the computer like crazy looking stuff up on it. I found a guy in FL who has a site that is very informative and after a series of emails, we figured out a proper plan for me. Anyways, I started a parasite cleanse and I'm on this Candida Diet and then once I finish with this, I start a candida cleanse. I was worried cuz this cuts out alot of things from my diet, but I must say...it's only been a couple days and I already see and feel a big difference.My skin is already clearing up and I definitely have more energy. The only thing he warned me about is the diet will make me lose weight, maybe more than I want to. I've been working out everyday for a while now and I was slowly losing a little weight, which wasn't really my goal. But since I started this, I've been losing a pound or two a day. So I know it's really working.

Just wondering if anyone's had any experience with the diet or the cleanse???

Originally Posted by envymi I was having some digestion problems a while ago and nothing my doctor gave helped. So I tried a few colonic cleansing treatments. Helped a little, but lately I've been feeling really tired and I started breaking out a little( I never used to break out at all). So I started researching all kinds of possibilites. I came across some info on Candida and parasites. So, I was on the computer like crazy looking stuff up on it. I found a guy in FL who has a site that is very informative and after a series of emails, we figured out a proper plan for me. Anyways, I started a parasite cleanse and I'm on this Candida Diet and then once I finish with this, I start a candida cleanse. I was worried cuz this cuts out alot of things from my diet, but I must say...it's only been a couple days and I already see and feel a big difference.My skin is already clearing up and I definitely have more energy. The only thing he warned me about is the diet will make me lose weight, maybe more than I want to. I've been working out everyday for a while now and I was slowly losing a little weight, which wasn't really my goal. But since I started this, I've been losing a pound or two a day. So I know it's really working.Just wondering if anyone's had any experience with the diet or the cleanse???

Nope... never tried it - but I'm all for anything that makes you lose a pound a day! lol

I have been trying to loose weight and it is really hard. Can you tell me what kind of diet you are on that makes you loose one pound a day.

Thanks.

I'm not on this diet to lose weight, it's more for health reasons. But it's called a Candida Diet, you can look it up on the net...there's all kinds of info. I don't know how old you are, but it's not good for the younger folks.

Basically, I had to cut all all grains(buckwheat, quinoa, millet, and other like grains are ok occasionally), all sugar(including all fruit-the only exceptions being berries, lemons, limes, grapefruit)all processed foods( they usually have alot of sugar)most nuts( I still have plain almonds and macadamias), no salt(except sea salt)

What I can eat is most veggies(mushrooms are off limits cuz their fungi, corn and potatoes I cut out-but you can eat sparingly) I eat a lot of protein(eggs, fish, chicken-red meat is allowed but I stopped eating that a long time ago)The only kind of oils I use to cook with is virgin coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, and real unsalted butter.

This diet along with the cleanse I started and the fact that I've always worked out for 2 hours 5 days a week has got me losing a little omre weight than I want, but I'll deal with that once I'm through cleansing. Cuz like I said, for health reasons, I have to do this right now.

OK, you have opened a huge can of worms with this one! I did a search of Candida diet/cleanse because I was curious as to what you were doing. Boy was I surprised at what I found. I have reading sites for the past hour and had to stop because I need to go to bed. Anyway while reading the sites had lists of possible symptoms and some also had tests you could take to see if you could have the candida yeast in your system. I must say after taking the test I scored very high for having this! After reading symptoms I had ALOT of them
icon_eek.gif
. Very scary! Topping my list is suffering from chronic yeast infections. My doctor will on occasion prescribe Diflucan, but not very often. Over the counter remedies don't seem to work. This sound like a godsend for me. There was a something called Threelac you could order to try and eliminate candida. Are you doing the diet only or are you taking any supplements with the diet. I read the diet regulations and I must say if your doing this you are a very strong woman! How do we go about posting articles on this site? I think this would be a great thing for people to read! Anyway thanks for posting. I now need to talk with my doctor and see about starting Threelac. Wish me luck. Luck also sent to you, keep up posted on your progress!
icon_lol.gif

I haven't heard good reviews on Threelac. What I'm taking is a combination of herbal supplements all meant for cleansing, but they all have different ingredients. I'm gonna be taking them in a sort of rotation, so not all at the same time. I decided this only after consulting a naturopathic therapist. I never had a problem with infections, mine is more for the digestive problems among other things.

I really do think more people should look into this. I think you'd be surprised how many people could benefit from it. I've looked alot of stuff up online and there's this one guy who has a site that pretty much puts everything together. I don;t know if we're allowed to list those kind of sites though.

Just checking in on you to see how your cleanse is going! Keep up updated. I'm still looking into the Threelac thing. I want to have my doctor check things out first. There was a tv show on not too long ago I think it was Medical Investigation, and this girl wanted to loose weight so she bought something over the internet. I helped her loose weight but then she got real sick. Come to find out it was some kind of live organism that she put in her body without knowing and it grew and grew and multiplied. They finally figured it out and showed it to her through an ultrasound. It was gross! I know it's only tv but it freaked me out. I want to make sure everything is cool first before I put it in my body.

Ok, so I've been on the Candida diet for over a month and the parastroy for exactly a week. I have more energy, I'm not always sleepy, I haven't had any more migraines, my depression seems much better, my colon is functioning better(not perfect but better), my skin has cleared up completely(no more eczema either) and since last Sunday I've lost 10 lbs. Oh, and I don't go through cold and hot flashes anymore and no more back pain. Weird how much a little change in diet and an inner cleanse can do.

Wow, that's amazing! I'm wondering how much of the weight loss is from water & from waste. I'm sure it's a combination of both, but after reading this post, I'm really interested in this, but will need to do more research before trying it.

I have a lower back problem & it gets really painful in cool weather & especially during that TotM. I'm wondering how much of this will help, but if it'll help detox my body of any unncessary "extras", I'd be happy to try it.

Thanks for starting this thread b/c I'm really interested in it. I had been thinking about going on a wheatgrass type of diet for a few days to help cleanse my system & then continue w/the South Beach Diet b/c I like what they recommend to eat.

I believe she is doing something called the Candida diet along with some other things. I did a search on the web candida diet/cleanse and found info on it. Quite interesting. Check it out. The diet is very strict thou, its meant to really cleanse your body of toxins.

Yes, I'm on the Candida diet and yes it's very strict. So if you have problems with self discipline, like if you think "well just this one time won't hurt", then this diet is not for you. Because to get the full benefits, you really have to follow it with no stray. If you do a search on Candida diet it will tell you what foods are allowed and what should be absolutely avoided. Aside from that, I'm taking some herbal supplements to help with the cleanse. Now, I'm taking a few different supplements in a rotation, but some people do well with just one or two specific ones. Along with all this I'm in the gym 2 hours-5 days a week. I always was, but I had to go easy on what I do now, so I don't lose too much weight. Just so you know my routine...I start with 30 minutes cardio(usually stairmaster at level 12) then I do some weights on arms, then my legs. I do more leg work then arms though. then I always end with abs. I don't do anything with free weights, I do everything with the machines. I'm a member of 24hr Fitness and they have really good equipment. I've always been good about exercising, but now with the diet and cleanse, the weight's dropping fast. Oh, and I drink 2 gallons of water a day.

So that's what I'm doing, but really I'm most happy with the health benefits of the diet. I had TMJ pretty bad before and this week I haven't had any pain or locking. My migraines are gone, I haven't noticed any pain in my back that was aching daily. My digestion seems better(won't go into detail about what was wrong before but it was really slow) and the mild acne I was starting to get is gone.

Anymore questions...just hit me up
icon_biggrin.gif

Just an update about my diet. I'm still on it and I feel incredible! My health has never been better. The only thing is I've had to completely change my workout routine because I'm down to 118lbs now, so I'm doing more of a bulk up work out than I was before. My man's gonna freak when he sees me. When he left I was around 140.

When I started the diet the cravings were driving me crazy, but I don't get them anymore. It's been surprisingly easy to follow the Candida diet, the only thing is the no fruit. I'm big on snacking on fruit, but now I occasionally have a cup of berries with some organic plain nonfat yogurt. Or I'll have a grapefruit-that's like the only fruit allowed and only sometimes. I did get some really weird pasta cravings a bit, but I've made some buckwheat pasta and some brown rice pasta that turned out pretty good and help satisfy that craving. It's really helped that I always cook at home. Even when I have to be out for the day, I pack a little lunch and some snacks with me.

So, if anyone is thinking about the Candida way, It's hard but it's totally worth it! Oh and I am still on the supplements too and I think those have helped alot as well.

Originally Posted by envymi Just an update about my diet. I'm still on it and I feel incredible! My health has never been better. The only thing is I've had to completely change my workout routine because I'm down to 118lbs now, so I'm doing more of a bulk up work out than I was before. My man's gonna freak when he sees me. When he left I was around 140. I am very happy for you that things are going well. Its even better to hear that you are feeling heathier and with more energy.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for posting about this diet and your progress. This is great info and I'm sure very beneficial for some people. I've heard about this diet before but didn't really know what it entails. Thanks again for keeping us posted on your progress. It's amazing how much diet affects our body. They say you are what you eat. Just eating the right kind of nutrition can make a world of difference with energy levels and overall feeling. Staying away from processed foods I think is the key.

Originally Posted by envymi Just an update about my diet. I'm still on it and I feel incredible! My health has never been better. The only thing is I've had to completely change my workout routine because I'm down to 118lbs now, so I'm doing more of a bulk up work out than I was before. My man's gonna freak when he sees me. When he left I was around 140.
When I started the diet the cravings were driving me crazy, but I don't get them anymore. It's been surprisingly easy to follow the Candida diet, the only thing is the no fruit. I'm big on snacking on fruit, but now I occasionally have a cup of berries with some organic plain nonfat yogurt. Or I'll have a grapefruit-that's like the only fruit allowed and only sometimes. I did get some really weird pasta cravings a bit, but I've made some buckwheat pasta and some brown rice pasta that turned out pretty good and help satisfy that craving. It's really helped that I always cook at home. Even when I have to be out for the day, I pack a little lunch and some snacks with me.

So, if anyone is thinking about the Candida way, It's hard but it's totally worth it! Oh and I am still on the supplements too and I think those have helped alot as well.

envymi....which candida colon cleanse did u try...was it over teh counter. So far i see one by Rainbow Light that has good reviews....wondering which one u tried...

Latest posts

Back