Anyone going to watch Pageant Place?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
NEW YORK, NY (June 20, 2007) -- Donald Trump may have fired his last "Apprentice," but the billionaire mogul isn't done with reality TV just yet.

The Donald is partnering with MTV on a new reality series called "Pageant Place," VARIETY reports, which casts former Miss USA Tara Conner as a "den mother" to three winners of Trump's beauty pageants.

Conner was the subject of controversy last year when she was scrutinized (and nearly dethroned) over her partying lifestyle. But Trump, who co-owns the Miss USA, Miss Universe, and Miss Teen USA pageants, has never been one to shy away from controversy.

"We'd been thinking about everything that happens backstage and how women like Tara captured the imagination of so many of us, including a slob named Rosie O'Donnell, who didn't like that I gave Tara a second chance," Trump reportedly said in an interview, "And we thought, Wouldn't it be great if we let the cameras roll?"

Trump Talks Miss USA

The half-hour series will follow Conner and the beauty queens -- current Miss Universe Riyo Mori, Miss USA Rachel Smith and Miss Teen USA Katie Blair -- as they go about their crown-related duties; including modeling, charity appearances and international trips.

The fact that the women live together in the same apartment gives it that extra reality-show touch, especially considering that Conner and Blair have reportedly had a "rocky relationship" at times.

On top of that, the cast will inevitably be in flux as one woman ends her reign and another replaces her. Over the course of the planned eight episodes (although there could be more), Blair will move out as the newly-crowned Miss Teen USA takes her place. Production is scheduled to begin this summer, with plans to be on the air by the end of the year.

Trump will serve as executive producer for "Pageant Place," along with Trump Productions president Andy Litinsky, Miss Universe Organization president Paula Shugart, and Evolution's Doug Ross. There is no word yet on whether Trump himself will appear on the series.

This is the second reported new series being developed by Trump. VARIETY announced the development of his "Lady or a Tramp" last week, which is a reality-competition series in which party girls will be sent to a charm school to receive a stern course on debutante manners.

“We are all sick and tired of the glamorization of these out-of-control young women, so I have taken it upon myself to do something about it," Trump said of the show. "I am creating a real-life version of 'My Fair Lady' with my company Trump Productions. This show is all about getting a second chance and transforming for the better; the idea is genius and the show will be huge.â€

"Lady or a Tramp" is being developed for a possible mid-season launch on FOX.

72cfly.jpg

i loved the apprentice and can't wait for both these shows to air! they sound great!

who was the apprentice that got fired? any one know?

Latest posts

Back