Anyone have a good coconut cake recipe? I was going to order Coconut Petits Fours for

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my grandpa's b-day because they're his favorite (from the Swiss Colony) but they can't ship out until the 30th! His b-day is the 26th
frown.gif
So, am thinking I can just make him something with coconut and cake, lol. any suggestions?

this one is more of a "flan" in terms of consistency, but is really good and easy to bake. it's a recipe from Martinique, a french isle.

you will need (4-6 servings) :

1L milk

3 eggs

10 slices of bread (sweet bread or brioche)

150g powder coconut

100g (4 oz) sugar

100g butter

1 vanilla bean

boil the milk with the vanilla bean. blend the bread until powder. remove the milk from the fire, then add the powdery bread. and stir. wait until the bread has absorbed all the milk. melt the butter in a pan (low heat). then add the coconut, the eggs and the sugar. then finally add them in the milk+bread blend. grease a pan (usually we use a fruit cake pan) and put everything in the pan. let cook in the oven (preheated) for 40 minutes at 200°C(about 350°F).

you can either put a light layer of caramel in the pan and put it in the fridge until the caramel has hardened (before adding the rest), or you can coat it with caramel before serving.

i found a very close and more cakey version on allrecipes.com, here's the link.

Latest posts

Back