Anyone use Clinique make up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey girls!

I won a competition a few weeks ago & the prize is a hamper full of Clinique goodies. The clinique counter rang me a few days ago to say there were sending it out to me soon & that if there were products in there that i didn't like, i could return them no problems for other clinique products..

I've only ever used their Pore Minimizing Instant Perfector (which i love) and their High Impact mascara (which i liked but didnt love) so i'd love to hear other girls thoughts on the brand.. Anything i should check out?

Originally Posted by Laura Hey girls!
I won a competition a few weeks ago & the prize is a hamper full of Clinique goodies. The clinique counter rang me a few days ago to say there were sending it out to me soon & that if there were products in there that i didn't like, i could return them no problems for other clinique products..

I've only ever used their Pore Minimizing Instant Perfector (which i love) and their High Impact mascara (which i liked but didnt love) so i'd love to hear other girls thoughts on the brand.. Anything i should check out?

I'm not very fond of clinique!! The only two Clinque things I have is a lip gloss in sweet dreams (absolutely love the color) and their eyeshadow base in Shimmer Frost..other than that I never had luck with their powders, foundations or eyeshadows..My friends say the skin care products are really good! But my advice is stay away from their foundations!!!

Great! Thanks for your help girls. Might see what their brushes are like actually coz i need a few more of them

I like the Lash Doubling, the new Impossibly Glossy lip gloss, and the Colour Surge eyeshadows. I also really like Happy Heart, but you'd have to test the fragrances for yourself. Trisha's right that the eyeshadows aren't super-pigmented, but it's enough to show up on me. I prefer sheer shadows anyways, so that is just a preference. If you like high-pigment, then you probably will be disappointed. Some of the lipsticks are pretty, but I am not much of a lipstick person, so I usually give those away when I get the full size Gift-with-purchase.

I have never had one of their foundations work for me color-wise, so can't say anything about them.

Thanks for you input Anne.. I think i'll stay away from the e/s anyway because i want to buy a few Shu ones soon anyway

I haven't tried a lot of Clinique products but these are the ones I've tried:

Pore Minimizing Foundation (quite a few years ago) -- very sheer; too sheer for me!

SuperFit Makeup -- no color light enough for me, plus I didn't realize it was only oil-free and not non-comedogenic (doesn't clog pores) until after I bought it.

Blended Face Powder -- this had kind of a weird, oily texture that made it hard for me to blend with my powder brush.

Glosswear for Lips Intense Sparkle in Lunar Ice (free sample) -- a peach color that just goes on clear, but with lots of sparkle!

Honestly, I've found drugstore brand foundations and powders that I liked better than Clinique .... but the lip gloss is fun and if I ever feel like spending more money on l/g I might try another color or two. I also had some free sample of l/s but I gave them to my grandma, because I didn't like the colors but they looked the colors she wears a lot! (She doesn't wear much mu but she always has some l/s on! lol)

I recommend:

Impossibly Glossy lip glosses

Stay-Matte pressed powder

Superbalm (plain or tinted)

Quickliners for Eyes

High Impact mascara (I also like, but don't love this...haven't found anything better)

7-Day Scrub Lotion (rinse-off) or Cream (wipe-off)

Touch Base in Petal Shimmer (eyeshadow base)

Bare Brilliance lipsticks

Superfine Brow Pencil

Rich Texture blushes

Total Turnaround Lotion/Cream (not HG status, but it IS pretty nice)

Take the Day Off eye makeup/lip color remover

I DON'T recommend:

Any of their foundations

Eyeshadows (looks nice at first, but they fade)

3-step skincare

Eye treatments

Concealers

Sheer blushes (they don't last)

Acne treatments (they're just salicylic acid)

Can't think of anything else at the moment!

What I liked from Clinique:

1. 7-Day Scrub Lotion

2. City block sunscreen

3. gentle light loose powder

4. their salicyclic acid acne treatments - more pricey than d/s, true, but you're

getting it free and I think they work quite well. I have the night and day

formulas.

5. The haircare- shine serum

6. water therapy whipped body cream

-- I say try their basic skincare items. You can indulge in some pricier basics. You can pass on the mu really, altho I do love the gentle light loose powder.

HTH!
icon_biggrin.gif

I'd also recommend the Blended Face Powder (loose). I don't care for the little travel brush it comes with but I do like the powder.

I liked the things I've tried from them.... (Otherwise I wouldn't have bought them!
wink.gif
LOL) Anyhooo, I like:

Dramatically Different Moisture Lotion

Glosswear for Lips in Air Kiss

Sheer Matteness - t zone shine control (Love this stuff!)

Naturally Glossy Mascara in Jet Black

Advanced Stop Signs

Clarifying Lotion '2'

Touch Base for Eyes in Nude Rose

Continuous Coverage Foundation

Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

And I'm actually wanting to go back there for their 'work-out' foundation. Might go tomorrow and splurge
wink.gif

Wanted to put in another good word for Superbalm. I have the untinted one (the tinted ones weren't out yet) and I love it. Great if you get chapped lips often.

Originally Posted by anne7 Wanted to put in another good word for Superbalm. I have the untinted one (the tinted ones weren't out yet) and I love it. Great if you get chapped lips often. I think it's the best squeeze-tube balm out there. Fantastic texture and moisturizing properties. The only tinted one I've tried is the Raspberry (sheer red-pink tint, no scent or flavor). There is also grape and mango, but I have no idea what they'd look like on. I'm sure the Raspberry tint is their bestseller. And the untinted can be used with any lipstick to make it super-shiny and smooth-textured.

I quite like Cliniques makeup but i did go off it for a while, like Janelle i have Air Kiss and i think their lipglosses are good.Also i have an eyebrow pencil from Clinique that's perfect for me which ive never had from any other brand.

I used to use their foundation (creamy glow) and their blended face powder,i also like their 3 step skincare programme and makeup remover! The makeup remover is extremelly oil but it removes all traces of makeup, even very heavy makeup.Enjoy!

Originally Posted by wongy74 5. The haircare- shine serum I forgot I tried this for a while .... my roommate swore by it and loved it, said just a drop kept her hair static-free all day. I found that this worked a few hours on me but definitely not all day. But I have very fine, wavy, static-prone hair so it may just depend on your hair type
wink.gif

WOAH! Thanks so much for all the input girls. I'll definetly look in to what ye all recommended
biggrin.gif

I love Clinique makeup. Especially since my skin is sensitive. I love their lipsticks and their Superpowder compact. I use their Touchbase in Nude Rose every day & their mascara. Their eyeshadows are great too. I recommend almost everything from them.

I love Clinique! Love their lipsticks (Long Last Soft Shine, Different and Bare Brilliance), glosses (all the Glosswears), Quickliner for Eyes, Lash Doubling Mascara, Lash Building Primer, City Block sunscreen (oil-free so great for oily skin! And it's broad-spectrum), Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser, etc. They also do a spray for the face (can't remember name) that's supposed to cool, refresh and moisturise the face (alcohol-free). I have a GWP size that I'm saving for my holiday because I thought it'd be good for when I get back from the beach.

I love Clinique's Almost lipstick. Black Honey is the "universal" color that looks good on everyone. It's very glossy and moisturizing, nice for a less done lip look. Similar to MAC lustre lipsticks but this is actually more moisturizing.

I love Clinique's lipsticks and blushes but Clinique definately needs to work on it's concealer and foundation lines. They both looked orangey on me and the concealer felt like crap on my face...it ruined my junior prom pictures.

Latest posts

Back