Anyone using Skype?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have any of you used Skype? Its all the rage in Ireland at the moment although I think it was released over a year ago! Its only been advertised the past few weeks but everyone that I talk to seems to have an interest in it.

Skype is a little program for making free calls over the internet to anyone else who also has Skype. It’s free and easy to download and use, and works with most computers.

AFAIK you can plug a headset in to your computer & ring someone elses computer and talk to them for free. Its the coolest thing since sliced bread!

that's a good thing, especially for people overseas. my mom spends SO much money calling europe, but too bad none of our relatives have computers and too bad my mom thinks computers will explode if you press the wrong button.

I dont have a headset yet but they only cost like €30 so i'm gonna get one next week. Imagine.. then i could talk to all my girls on MuT for FREE. That would be so weird, hearing all your accents!

Originally Posted by Laura

I dont have a headset yet but they only cost like €30 so i'm gonna get one next week. Imagine.. then i could talk to all my girls on MuT for FREE. That would be so weird, hearing all your accents!

We don't have accents Laura, you do...hehehe

NOT HALF Tony! I can hear you now with your high pitched american accent (just kidding!)

i have it and i love it!

only a couple of my friends actually use the program but i am still able to talk to all of my other friends using skpyeout.

i can call overseas using the program on my computer w/ the headset and it only costs about .03 cents per minute!

i think that it would be neat to talk to other MUT members, so if you have the program or you end up dling it add me!

user name:tedthedonkey

Originally Posted by Laura

NOT HALF Tony! I can hear you now with your high pitched american accent (just kidding!)

LOL @ High pitched
wink.gif
You forgot I am a man with lotsa testosterone
smile.gif
So there ain't no high pitchin' goin' on over here
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) LOL @ High pitched
wink.gif
You forgot I am a man with lotsa testosterone
smile.gif
So there ain't no high pitchin' goin' on over here
smile.gif
oh suuure, surre... absolutely!!
wink.gif

I try to wonder what everyone sounds like... lol Like when I picture Laura's accent... I think of that Irish accent that you see in the movies... like O"Doyle in Titanic
smile.gif
When I worked at the salon, we had a customer who was in from Ireland on an exhange program... I could sit there and listen to her talk all day!!! lol

Good one Janelle, I know what you mean.....Personally, I love the British accent...my friend Sue is from London, and I can listen to her talk all day long (about nothing), by the end of the day - I start talking like her..Also, have a few insurance people I deal with over at Lloyds of London - They're incredible - .its so funny, I love their expressions, and different meanings of some words we use, that have totally different meanings of what they use., they're so cute... Gotta Luv the Brits.... Trisha, this means you too

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I try to wonder what everyone sounds like... lol Like when I picture Laura's accent... I think of that Irish accent that you see in the movies... like O"Doyle in Titanic
smile.gif
When I worked at the salon, we had a customer who was in from Ireland on an exhange program... I could sit there and listen to her talk all day!!! lol

Just downloaded Skype recently to talk with my friend in Paris. I have also connected my bluetooth headset to my PC.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I try to wonder what everyone sounds like... lol Like when I picture Laura's accent... I think of that Irish accent that you see in the movies... like O"Doyle in Titanic
smile.gif
When I worked at the salon, we had a customer who was in from Ireland on an exhange program... I could sit there and listen to her talk all day!!! lol PMSL Janelle.. I SO do not talk like that! I swear...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

LMAO Janelle

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

I try to wonder what everyone sounds like... lol Like when I picture Laura's accent... I think of that Irish accent that you see in the movies... like O"Doyle in Titanic
smile.gif

Here in the USA I keep hearing alot about Vonage. Sorta like what your talking about. The neighbors have it so we thought we'd call and ask Vonage a little info. I told Vonage I'd think about it and call them back. Now they won't quit calling us.

Back