Anything wrong with 'old' perfumes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for clinique's in bloom perfume and online it says it was a LE from 2006 so is it bad to buy them at those random perfume stores that have all the old stuff (as long as it hasn't been opened) is it still good for use? does the shelf life lessen?

I just checked the site, I can't seem to find it. I saw it at macy's when I was in the US this summer, but then I decided to buy it in canada since we have clinique, however I can't find it here.

Alot of discount stores get those perfumes because they are "Stale Merchandise" That is why they offer them at a discount.

I am not sure if they smell differently or what, I have a few "older" perfumes that are fine. It's too bad you can't smell it before you buy it!

A lot of 'old' perfumes smell great when you put em on. 20 minutes later you can't even smell it.

Especially if you keep your perfumes in a cool place and the lid tight on them--I think they are good for quite some time. Keep them in the refrigerator and they will last a super long time. Just don't forget to put them on- LOL

Originally Posted by Kookie-for-COCO /img/forum/go_quote.gif Especially if you keep your perfumes in a cool place and the lid tight on them--I think they are good for quite some time. Keep them in the refrigerator and they will last a super long time. Just don't forget to put them on- LOL Thanks for this tip.

Latest posts

Back