Apple cider vinegar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by envymi Anyone ever use straight apple cider vinegar on their face? I had a few little pimples on my face this weekend cuz I've been stressing too much lately. I usually go to a lady for facials and microdermabrasion every other week, but since my schedules gonna be a little crazy the next month or so I won't be able to go see her for a while. So I did my usual once a week skincare routine with a pumpkin enzyme mask I have, then I decided to try some apple cider vinegar. I don't know what made me think of it. I just put some on a cotton ball and dabbed it all over my face, putting more on my problem areas. The little pimples on my chin and the few blackheads I had came to surface immediately. It was so weird. This morning when I woke I noticed that my skin is completely clear and the pores on my cheeks seem smaller. Has anyone else ever tried it? What a fab tip! Thanx!

Originally Posted by Liz how do you handle the smell?! i have to wash it off else i smell like it, and mine is mixed with some water. I guess I'm kinda used to the smell because I use a lot of hydrogen peroxide on myself and that sorta smells like vinegar too. It goes away after a while.

Originally Posted by envymi Anyone ever use straight apple cider vinegar on their face? I had a few little pimples on my face this weekend cuz I've been stressing too much lately. I usually go to a lady for facials and microdermabrasion every other week, but since my schedules gonna be a little crazy the next month or so I won't be able to go see her for a while. So I did my usual once a week skincare routine with a pumpkin enzyme mask I have, then I decided to try some apple cider vinegar. I don't know what made me think of it. I just put some on a cotton ball and dabbed it all over my face, putting more on my problem areas. The little pimples on my chin and the few blackheads I had came to surface immediately. It was so weird. This morning when I woke I noticed that my skin is completely clear and the pores on my cheeks seem smaller. Has anyone else ever tried it? When you say your blackheads came to the surface, do you mean they actually came out of your skin?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by buttercup972 When you say your blackheads came to the surface, do you mean they actually came out of your skin?
eek.gif
Yeah, it's the weirdest thing...and the whiteheads do the same thing, it's a little strange, but it saves me from pushing and poking at them.

Originally Posted by buttercup972 When you say your blackheads came to the surface, do you mean they actually came out of your skin?
eek.gif
hi buttercup,,welcome to mut,im Gwendolyn from ny,

You will find all sorts of tricks and tips on here just like this one,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Looks like I know what I'll be out buying later today. I can't believe I never heard about this before. I love this site.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

does it matter if it's "all natural" or can it be the regular ACV? i saw the bragg's one, but it scared me because of the stuff in it.

Originally Posted by Liz does it matter if it's "all natural" or can it be the regular ACV? i saw the bragg's one, but it scared me because of the stuff in it. I think it's better when it has the stuff in it...that stuff is just the pieces of apple. I've heard that's the best kind to get. It's always better to get the natural and organic stuff. The other kinds usually have unnecessary chemicals and/or fillers.

Originally Posted by envymi I think it's better when it has the stuff in it...that stuff is just the pieces of apple. I've heard that's the best kind to get. It's always better to get the natural and organic stuff. The other kinds usually have unnecessary chemicals and/or fillers. mine has that stuff (whatever you call that) in it too-you mean the stuff that sinks to the bottom? don´t worry, get the natural one!

icon_lol.gif
Wow, this stuff works so great. It seems to heal the skin. I wish I would of heard of straight apple cider vinegar on the face a long time ago. Thanks.

Originally Posted by smjolly02
icon_lol.gif
Wow, this stuff works so great. It seems to heal the skin. I wish I would of heard of straight apple cider vinegar on the face a long time ago. Thanks. great it worked for ya!!!you´re right-it somehow heals the skin. I had a lot of little red spots from past breakouts on my cheeks-they were flat and red, no real akne marks. they have been there forever but now they seem to fade (and I´be only been using ACV for almost a week!).

can´t stop raving about this stuff

Originally Posted by envymi Anyone ever use straight apple cider vinegar on their face? I had a few little pimples on my face this weekend cuz I've been stressing too much lately. I usually go to a lady for facials and microdermabrasion every other week, but since my schedules gonna be a little crazy the next month or so I won't be able to go see her for a while. So I did my usual once a week skincare routine with a pumpkin enzyme mask I have, then I decided to try some apple cider vinegar. I don't know what made me think of it. I just put some on a cotton ball and dabbed it all over my face, putting more on my problem areas. The little pimples on my chin and the few blackheads I had came to surface immediately. It was so weird. This morning when I woke I noticed that my skin is completely clear and the pores on my cheeks seem smaller. Has anyone else ever tried it? Envy I have to try this out...no matter what, you know i have lots of pores on my cheeks too....n i have used almost everything....i should try this out tonite, Thank you envy. and what if i try apple cider vineger with different mask will that be matter...
icon_wink.gif
just wonder

Originally Posted by Miranhat Envy I have to try this out...no matter what, you know i have lots of pores on my cheeks too....n i have used almost everything....i should try this out tonite, Thank you envy. and what if i try apple cider vineger with different mask will that be matter...
icon_wink.gif
just wonder You should use whatever you normally cleanse your face with, but before you put on the cider, make sure you cleanse you face really well. The cider should be the last step, unless you have really dry skin. Then put it on before your moisturizer.

This is weird.. but what about Heinz ACV? lol.. I saw some at my bf's house.. will that work
icon_question.gif

Originally Posted by mAra This is weird.. but what about Heinz ACV? lol.. I saw some at my bf's house.. will that work
icon_question.gif
that's the one i've been using since i didn't have the all natural one. it's been working alright. i'm gonna go out and get the bragg's one this weekend though. maybe it'll work better *shrugs*

Originally Posted by Liz that's the one i've been using since i didn't have the all natural one. it's been working alright. i'm gonna go out and get the bragg's one this weekend though. maybe it'll work better *shrugs* where can i get the bragg's?

Originally Posted by mAra where can i get the bragg's? trader joe's or whole foods. natural food places like that probably.

Back