Apple cider vinegar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone ever use straight apple cider vinegar on their face? I had a few little pimples on my face this weekend cuz I've been stressing too much lately. I usually go to a lady for facials and microdermabrasion every other week, but since my schedules gonna be a little crazy the next month or so I won't be able to go see her for a while. So I did my usual once a week skincare routine with a pumpkin enzyme mask I have, then I decided to try some apple cider vinegar. I don't know what made me think of it. I just put some on a cotton ball and dabbed it all over my face, putting more on my problem areas. The little pimples on my chin and the few blackheads I had came to surface immediately. It was so weird. This morning when I woke I noticed that my skin is completely clear and the pores on my cheeks seem smaller. Has anyone else ever tried it?

Originally Posted by envymi Anyone ever use straight apple cider vinegar on their face? I had a few little pimples on my face this weekend cuz I've been stressing too much lately. I usually go to a lady for facials and microdermabrasion every other week, but since my schedules gonna be a little crazy the next month or so I won't be able to go see her for a while. So I did my usual once a week skincare routine with a pumpkin enzyme mask I have, then I decided to try some apple cider vinegar. I don't know what made me think of it. I just put some on a cotton ball and dabbed it all over my face, putting more on my problem areas. The little pimples on my chin and the few blackheads I had came to surface immediately. It was so weird. This morning when I woke I noticed that my skin is completely clear and the pores on my cheeks seem smaller. Has anyone else ever tried it? Wow what a great tip! I had a similar experience where I randomly put some green tea on a pimple and it literally disappeared over night. I guess the natural stuff is way better than the stuff you buy at the store! I've tried ACV though.

Oo! I've been looking at recipes for home made skin care, and it seems like a lot call for apple cider vinegar. I think I'm going to try just plain apple cider vinegar today!

My skin must be more sensitive than yours envymi. I just tried some apple cider vinegar on a few trouble blackheads. It started burning and the places where I applied the turned red like sunburn. It faded pretty quickly, and it got rid of the really big blackhead, but it was scary there for a moment! I guess I'll have to try something gentler.

My skin is really sensitive and yes it did burn...but I just waited and it did stop quickly. To me when something tingles and burns as long as it doesn't last, it just means it's doing something. It is pretty much an acid, so you will feel something. The fact that it brought everything to surface so fast was enough for me to put up with the stinging.

Wow, I will definately try this out. Where can you purchase apple cider vinegar?

Originally Posted by Marisol Wow, I will definately try this out. Where can you purchase apple cider vinegar? I mostly shop at Trader Joes, so that's where mine is from. You can get it at any grocery store though...I have heard that it's better if you get the organic unfiltered kind. I think having the mother(the actual apple pieces) helps somehow.

When using ACV on your face, I would suggest using an organic one, since the unfiltered and organic ones have the right PH for the skin. (bragg's is a good brand, available at health food stores). If pure ACV is too strong for you, mix it 50/50 with water. This also makes a great daily toner. Love ACV! :icon_love

Originally Posted by envymi My skin is really sensitive and yes it did burn...but I just waited and it did stop quickly. To me when something tingles and burns as long as it doesn't last, it just means it's doing something. It is pretty much an acid, so you will feel something. The fact that it brought everything to surface so fast was enough for me to put up with the stinging. Oh ok, it was really the redness that worried me. I wonder if diluting it with a bit of water would still work, but with less irritation.

Ive made homemade stuff w/ this before, but never used it alone as a toner. My question is, do u rinse after using it alone as a toner, or let it absorb?

I didn't rinse, just left it on, but I suppose you could rinse. I just don't think it's necessary.

i just tried it with like 2/3 vinegar and 1/3 bottled water since the ACV isn't all natural. I put some on and it didn't sting and i rinsed my face with water since I don't want to smell like vinegar. lol.

is it for white and black heads, or would it work with like cystic type ones?

Originally Posted by destiny When using ACV on your face, I would suggest using an organic one, since the unfiltered and organic ones have the right PH for the skin. (bragg's is a good brand, available at health food stores). If pure ACV is too strong for you, mix it 50/50 with water. This also makes a great daily toner. Love ACV! :icon_love It's funny that you posted this at the same time I asked if ACV worked diluted!!

I used the ACV toner for several months awhile back, and I really liked it!! I diluted mine with water in a 50/50 ratio. I'd heard it's supposed to be 1 part ACV to 10 parts water, but that wouldn't do a thing for my skin. It really cleared me up (though I just had some clogged pores and blackheads), and it made my skin really glow. I've been thinking lately about using it again...

Woah! How could I never have heard about this?? I've gotta try this! Envy I'm with you...I'm going for it full strength! My skin can take it! Thanks so much for sharing this info!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Did this dry your skin out a lot? My skin is sorta dry right now from being in the sun so much and I don't want it to get any flakier!

If your skin is a little dry right now, it will dry it out even more, so make sure you have a good moisturizer that won't clog your pores or make your skin worse. I've been putting ACV on every day this week to get rid of some pesky little bumps I've got and it's really been helping, but my skin does tend to get dry. I have a moisturizer I use when I get my peels and microdermabrasion treatments that's full of Omega fatty acids and it helps to keep my skin soft and it doesn't break me out. So make sure you stay moisturized.

how do you handle the smell?! i have to wash it off else i smell like it, and mine is mixed with some water.

Latest posts

Back