Apple Cider Vinegar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
With so many discussions about ACV I thought I'd post this from THIS site that I found:

Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the oldest, most powerful, healing home remedies imaginable. Just read our extensive Reader Feedback section further down on this page and you will see why!

If you can get over the taste of apple cider vinegar, you will find it one of the most important remedies in healing the body. Apple Cider Vinegar has a number of reported uses: complete relief of pollen, food and pet allergies. It also cures sinus infections. Additional cures: acne, high cholesterol, chronic fatigue, candida, acid reflux (!), sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis, gout and is a general energy tonic. Apple Cider Vinegar also breaks down fat and is widely used to lose weight. It has also been reported that a daily dose of apple cider vinegar in water has soaring blood pressure under control in two weeks!

As a wonderful side effect of drinking apple cider vinegar every day, we discovered that it brings a healthy, rosy glow to one's complexion! This is great news if you suffer from a pale countenance.

pH BALANCE:

It's suggested that Apple Cider Vinegar has such curative abilities because it causes one's pH levels to become more alkaline or, in the case of too much alkalinity, more acidic. Urinalysis studies done in the 1950s by D.C. Jarvis (author of Folk Medicine) showed that pH levels in the body become highlyalkaline before and during an allergy attack (yes, contrary to what you would normally read on the subject). If you are going to try apple cider vinegar for allergies, or even to prevent sickness, we suggest you do some investigation of your own by buying a pH test kit at a local pharmacy, garden nursery, or even pool supply store. You can use these kits or pH strips to test your urine to see if you are more alkaline or acid during an allergy attack, virus or bacterial infection. Once you ascertain your pH levels, you can adjust adjust your dosage of Apple Cider Vinegar accordingly.

If you live in a highly polluted area like we do (Los Angeles) where allergies and sinus infections are rampant, your system may better balance itself with a small dose of apple cider vinegar each day. Ultimately, we suggest you experiment with a kit to find the pH balance your body functions optimally at. Want to know more about pH? Click here.

Ted, from Bangkok, Thailand tells us, "Apple Cider Vinegar in itself is alkaline because of its "ash" content, which means if the apple cider vinegar was burned, what is left over becomes ash. When you check for the pH of that ash and dissolve it with water, the content is alkaline. Whenever our body digests anything it undergoes oxidation, which is similar to burning and the end result is that you can determine whether the end product was alkaline or acid. Apple Cider Vinegar has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties, primarily coming from the malic acid and acetic acid portion of the vinegar. Apple cider vinegar acts as a buffer in the body because the acetic acid reacts with base or acid compounds to form an acetate, therefore rendering them chemically bioavailable for the body's utilization. Additionally Apple Cider Vinegar can reduce the toxicity of certain compounds by converting the toxin into an acetate compound which is less toxic. This is why they are ideal for insect bites and certain skin allergies. While Apple Cider vinegar in itself is considered alkaline, a chemically pure vinegar (acetic acid) is neither acid nor basic forming as it leaves no ash as the entire portion, when burned evaporates completely."

From what we have read repeatedly on the internet (so we can't verify this, sorry), scientists have measured ninety different substances in apple cider vinegar such as thirteen types of carbolic acids, four aldehydes, twenty ketones, eighteen types of alcohols, eight ethyl acetates etc. It also contains important minerals, trace elements and vitamins as well acetic acid, propionic acid, lactic acid, enzymes, amino acids as well as roughage in the form of potash and apple pectin.

Apple Cider Vinegar contains minerals and trace elements such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, chlorine, sodium, sulfur, copper, iron, silicon, fluorine. An alternative to drinking apple cider vinegar may be to take potassium supplements, as potassium is known to absorb excess fluids (ie, mucous) in the body. Drink lots of water if you take potassium supplements so you don't get dehydrated! Potassium, by the way, lowers high blood pressure.

Apple Cider Vinegar's vitamin content includes Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Provitamin beta-carotene, Vitamin P (bioflavonoids).

USDA Breakdown of Apple Cider Vinegar

Click here to check out the nutrient database of the USDA for Apple Cider Vinegar. Type in the key words, "Vinegar, Cider". The page does not specify whether they tested a commercial, pastuerized brand (e.g. Heinz) or an organic brand. We have the feeling they probably tested a commercial brand.

Brands of Apple Cider Vinegar

The ACV brand called "Bragg" seems to be popular with people in the United States. Most brands of apple cider vinegar will work the same wonders, so don't worry if you can't find it .

After years of drinking apple cider vinegar, we finally figured out the optimal way to drink the vinegar. We are very excited about our discovery!

Our recommendation is different than what you will read in books and elsewhere on the internet. However, we are convinced it is the way to go. If you decide to drink it this way (see below), please report back to us in a few weeks.

Earth Clinic's suggestion:

2 TBLSP of organic ACV in a 1 or 2 Liter filtered water bottle (ie Smart Water, Evian, etc). 2 TBLSP = 1/8th cup.

You can add more vinegar than this amount, however, make sure you dilute it in plenty of water. Do not add a sweetener. Drink this solution constantly, even refilling your water bottle once or twice a day with more vinegar. The solution will be cleansing your system and kidneys all day long. That is the point we want to drive home.

Now this amount of water is much higher than what is typically recommended for apple cider vinegar (2 TBSP to 8 oz of water), but there are a few things you will notice within a day or two: your allergies will disappear, your face will have a healthy glow, you will have consistent energy, and you will lose weight very quickly and keep it off. You will look so good that guaranteed, your friends will comment!!

This sounds like an advertisement, right? Too bad we don't sell the stuff! Nope, we just love it and want everyone else to know about it. We believr that apple cider vinegar is probably the best (and cheapest) detoxifier for the body. As such, it is should be considered a critical component to the fountain of youth.

Please remember to constantly flush your system with a light solution. Drink your water bottle down and fill it up again! 2x a day is good.

Don't forget to report back if you try our ratio. We'd like to know what you think!

Want to read more recipes? Click here.

WOw sounds like apple cider vinager is the new hg,i got to try this stuff out.

Great post
biggrin.gif

Wow, that's really interesting!! I might have to try their way to drink the ACV - if it'll help my allergies, I'm willing to do it!

I´m definitely gonna try this!! I tried to drink ACV+water for a while years ago but couldn´t stand the taste (although I sweetened it with honey)

but I will try it again and see what it does for my skin

Originally Posted by Arielle I´m definitely gonna try this!! I tried to drink ACV+water for a while years ago but couldn´t stand the taste (although I sweetened it with honey)
but I will try it again and see what it does for my skin

did drinking it help anything?

Originally Posted by ooonitsreekooo I scratched the ACV idea, I couldn't stand the smell. YUCK! yeah, the smell is what bothers me too. i feel like i smell like ACV all day or something

Originally Posted by Liz did drinking it help anything? not that I remember-I only managed to drink it for like 4 days
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i've never tried drinking acv, but i know that a couple of capfuls in the bath helps to make pure essential oils easier on the skin.

i tried taking a sip of it. dang! it is sour! but i usually like sour things. but you can feel it going down you throat and stuff. lol.

I am definitely going to try and drink it. What about lemon and water? I heard that has healing properties.

Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the oldest, most powerful, healing home remedies imaginable. Just read our extensive Reader Feedback section further down on this page and you will see why!

If you can get over the taste of apple cider vinegar, you will find it one of the most important remedies in healing the body. Apple Cider Vinegar has a number of reported uses: complete relief of pollen, food and pet allergies. It also cures sinus infections. Additional cures: acne, high cholesterol, chronic fatigue, candida, acid reflux (!), sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis, gout and is a general energy tonic. Apple Cider Vinegar also breaks down fat and is widely used to lose weight. It has also been reported that a daily dose of apple cider vinegar in water has soaring blood pressure under control in two weeks!

As a wonderful side effect of drinking apple cider vinegar every day, we discovered that it brings a healthy, rosy glow to one's complexion! This is great news if you suffer from a pale countenance.

pH BALANCE:

It's suggested that Apple Cider Vinegar has such curative abilities because it causes one's pH levels to become more alkaline or, in the case of too much alkalinity, more acidic. Urinalysis studies done in the 1950s by D.C. Jarvis (author of Folk Medicine) showed that pH levels in the body become highly alkaline before and during an allergy attack (yes, contrary to what you would normally read on the subject). If you are going to try apple cider vinegar for allergies, or even to prevent sickness, we suggest you do some investigation of your own by buying a pH test kit at a local pharmacy, garden nursery, or even pool supply store. You can use these kits or pH strips to test your urine to see if you are more alkaline or acid during an allergy attack, virus or bacterial infection. Once you ascertain your pH levels, you can adjust adjust your dosage of Apple Cider Vinegar accordingly.

If you live in a highly polluted area like we do (Los Angeles) where allergies and sinus infections are rampant, your system may better balance itself with a small dose of apple cider vinegar each day. Ultimately, we suggest you experiment with a kit to find the pH balance your body functions optimally at. Want to know more about pH? Click here.

Ted, from Bangkok, Thailand tells us, "Apple Cider Vinegar in itself is alkaline because of its "ash" content, which means if the apple cider vinegar was burned, what is left over becomes ash. When you check for the pH of that ash and dissolve it with water, the content is alkaline. Whenever our body digests anything it undergoes oxidation, which is similar to burning and the end result is that you can determine whether the end product was alkaline or acid. Apple Cider Vinegar has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties, primarily coming from the malic acid and acetic acid portion of the vinegar. Apple cider vinegar acts as a buffer in the body because the acetic acid reacts with base or acid compounds to form an acetate, therefore rendering them chemically bioavailable for the body's utilization. Additionally Apple Cider Vinegar can reduce the toxicity of certain compounds by converting the toxin into an acetate compound which is less toxic. This is why they are ideal for insect bites and certain skin allergies. While Apple Cider vinegar in itself is considered alkaline, a chemically pure vinegar (acetic acid) is neither acid nor basic forming as it leaves no ash as the entire portion, when burned evaporates completely."

From what we have read repeatedly on the internet, scientists have measured ninety different substances in apple cider vinegar such as thirteen types of carbolic acids, four aldehydes, twenty ketones, eighteen types of alcohols, eight ethyl acetates etc. It also contains important minerals, trace elements and vitamins as well acetic acid, propionic acid, lactic acid, enzymes, amino acids as well as roughage in the form of potash and apple pectin.

Apple Cider Vinegar contains minerals and trace elements such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, chlorine, sodium, sulfur, copper, iron, silicon, fluorine. An alternative to drinking apple cider vinegar may be to take potassium supplements, as potassium is known to absorb excess fluids (ie, mucous) in the body. Drink lots of water if you take potassium supplements so you don't get dehydrated! Potassium, by the way, lowers high blood pressure.

Apple Cider Vinegar's vitamin content includes Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Provitamin beta-carotene, Vitamin P (bioflavonoids).

And ...here are some more

Man i wonder if this is available in Ireland.. although i'm sure i heard an advertisement about using Apple Cide Vinegar to lose weight. Wonder if i just dreamt that up though!

Does it taste horrible Kim?? Might look for it at the supermarket tonight!

Can you tell me how much you are supposed to swig down a day for use for both weight loss and health benefits. I would love to give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by Naturally hmmm ..it's an acquired taste! Hell ..I like scotch ..so who knows? LOL ...I think if you make it up right though ..it won't be too bad and over ice makes it more ..tolerable! Don't go heavy on the ACV ..and you can slowly bump up as you get used to it. Mix with Honey though vs sugar (honey is natural vs sugar is processed)

From what someone said on another thread, is that we are crazy for applying this to our face (which I do, and love the results). She said that we're putting an acid on our face and ruining the outer layer of the epidermis. What do you think of this??? Why can't we put it on our face if we can consume it??? I'm confused now. I still def. want to keep using the stuff.

Originally Posted by Naturally Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the oldest, most powerful, healing home remedies imaginable. Just read our extensive Reader Feedback section further down on this page and you will see why!

pH BALANCE:

It's suggested that Apple Cider Vinegar has such curative abilities because it causes one's pH levels to become more alkaline or, in the case of too much alkalinity, more acidic. Urinalysis studies done in the 1950s by D.C. Jarvis (author of Folk Medicine) showed that pH levels in the body become highly alkaline before and during an allergy attack (yes, contrary to what you would normally read on the subject). If you are going to try apple cider vinegar for allergies, or even to prevent sickness, we suggest you do some investigation of your own by buying a pH test kit at a local pharmacy, garden nursery, or even pool supply store. You can use these kits or pH strips to test your urine to see if you are more alkaline or acid during an allergy attack, virus or bacterial infection. Once you ascertain your pH levels, you can adjust adjust your dosage of Apple Cider Vinegar accordingly.

From what we have read repeatedly on the internet, scientists have measured ninety different substances in apple cider vinegar such as thirteen types of carbolic acids, four aldehydes, twenty ketones, eighteen types of alcohols, eight ethyl acetates etc. It also contains important minerals, trace elements and vitamins as well acetic acid, propionic acid, lactic acid, enzymes, amino acids as well as roughage in the form of potash and apple pectin.

And ...here are some more .....

Thanks for the response!!! I agree with everything you said, and I am going to continue using it. I absolutely love it, and I agree that it is a form of acid, but so are the lactic acids, etc.

Originally Posted by Naturally There's ALWAYS an expert somewhere! Quite frankly I don't see the harm ..acid ..in sorts yes ..but not the kind that is going to strip or harm your face! Yes it is a form of acid ..but so are many OTHER fruit acids that are in skincare products (glycolic, lactic, etc). I'm sure that same person would probably have you use something that has other crap in it instead!
Now about the drinking of it ...I'm not exactly sure how much you need to drink ..I usually had a glass with each meal and I know that was how my sister used it too.

Has anyone put it on dyed hair? It is the best clarifier/shine maker but I am scared to apply it to my hair now that I regularly dye it

Fantastic thread Kim,this should be a sticky Thanks for sharing all of this,i am going to try drinking it,and i will make myself learn to deal with the smell,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back