Applying Eye Shadow Wet - What are your best tricks/tips?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What have you found works best for you? Do you brushes or sponges? Brush or push into your lid?

Share your experiences here for the rest of us to learn from. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My current foiling technique is brush and pat on the product then allow to dry before blending.

I do but what primer I use depends on my mood. lol I use Urban Decay's primer, I'm now using Glamour Doll Eyes' Control Freak.

Hi there! I'm new here, but thought I'd dive right in and answer your question. Best way I've found to do it is to wet the brush your using first, then pick up product and pat it on the lid/crease/etc like previous poster said. I like using a makeup setting spray to wet the brush since I find it can give a better consistancy. The spray I use is by Skindinavia. Water is just fine too though, especially if you're doing it for the first time. Wearing a primer underneath with prolong the shadow's wear. Hope that helps. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have yet to foil eyeshadow. I guess I haven't seen the point if I use a white base to make the colors pop. I could be wrong, though:)

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have yet to foil eyeshadow. I guess I haven't seen the point if I use a white base to make the colors pop. I could be wrong, though:)
I use the same method. I've tried some e/s wet but I'm just too lazy to really wait for it to dry and work with it.  Then sometimes I'll overblend and have to rewet to get the same vibrancy...meh, like I said, lazy lol.

I foil with Ben Nye Liquiset. It makes shimmery colors look metallic on the lid. I put the product on a brush then spray the brush a couple times. Works for me every time.

I've only tried this once.  I'll have to give it another whirl.  I love the results.

Whenever I apply eye shadow wet I feel like I'm ruining it because when I go back to use it dry, it's never the same. Instead, I prefer to use cream eye shadows. Bobbi Brown makes a huge selection of colors and Chanel has some really bold ones that can easily take the place of "wet eye shadow." Benefit also has a full line of cream eye shadows that really stay on well. I like to build up the color and find that wetting the eye shadow makes it difficult to work with.

Latest posts

Back