Applying glitter eyeshadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello

whats the best way of applying glitter e/s??

i got sum mineral based glittetr e/s that id like to put over some e/s

whats best method of doin this

it seems to cling to brush everytime i try??

Patting it on in little sections seems to work best for me.
smile.gif
I only use glitter or shimmery eyeshadows.
smile.gif

thanx paperflowers but this is glitter with no base colour so the patting i found didnt really work as opposed to e/s with glitter mixed in...

dont know if i made any sense there lol

i use a normal small rounded eyeshadow brush made of i think goat/sable hair

Have you tried applying it wet? I don't have any eyeshadows that are mostly glitter, but you can give it a try. Apply it wet by tapping/dabbing it onto your eye and then sweep some on dry to keep it on.

i tried that too plus with sealent..but it just seemed to stay more on the brush

today i tried putting it on a bare lid that just had udpp on...the glitter applied fine

the problem lies in when i already have put e/s colour on and then want sum glitter on it too...hmm mayb i should just mix the glitter with the base colour

Originally Posted by taz1979 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i tried that too plus with sealent..but it just seemed to stay more on the brush
today i tried putting it on a bare lid that just had udpp on...the glitter applied fine

the problem lies in when i already have put e/s colour on and then want sum glitter on it too...hmm mayb i should just mix the glitter with the base colour

That sounds like a good idea!!

I use and angle brush for a liner effer, or my fingers for a larger surface. The most important is putting a base that hold the glitters.

Sephora base is really good for this, Pure luxe liner gel wasn't bad too, but i need to test it again.

hmm you should try a synthetic brush. when i use shimmer/glitter shadows, they apply much easier with synthetic brushes.

Milan Gelle drops works great as a eye primer or to line the eyes. Using a primer definitely solves the problem. Personally i prefer it over the foiled method. Try different techniques and see what works best.

I use a good base then apply with a brush I've wet with visine. This is how I keep my glittery UD shadows on, otherwise there's glitter fallout allll over my cheeks after a while.

I tip my head right back (to stop getting it all over my cheeks) and pat it on with my ring finger. That usually works!

Originally Posted by taz1979 /img/forum/go_quote.gif hellowhats the best way of applying glitter e/s??

i got sum mineral based glittetr e/s that id like to put over some e/s

whats best method of doin this

it seems to cling to brush everytime i try??

Hi Taz, Pur Luxe Mineral Lining gel is designed for this type of application as well as others. It provides an adhesive base to glittery shadows - but isn't sticky at all. It's also a great lining gel medium. HTH

Latest posts

Back