April 2012 No-Buy Support

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've cancelled a ton of subs too. I'm going to do the same thing with Sindulge. Honestly, I don't really even care if I get my box or not. I'm going to save up my money so I can go annual with BB next time they have one of those bonus points offers, so that'll be one less monthly charge. 

Gah. Subs are so...addicting! I think two subs should be my max. Any more than that is really unnecessary. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, I'm working on canceling all my subs. Sadly canceled sample society this morning because 15 is just too high. Sindulge is getting canceled once my box ships...if it ships, if not, I'm canceling on the 10th regardless because I don't want to be charged again. Myglam is getting canceled too. That leaves 2 beauty army subs (one will get canceled...again lol) and birchbox, which is annual. I really don't even need the two, but I can't decide between bb and ba. (BB is annual though, so I don't really have a choice if I decide to cut back to 1 with that.)

I went to Nordstrom Rack and bought a pale yellow nail polish & a 3 pack of Philosophy 3-in-1's.. doesn't count as breaking my no-buy though since I used a Nordstrom Note to pay for it. They had UD Book of Shadows for $29.. but they are too bulky for my taste.

Going until May.

I'm also really hoping that this no-buy/project pan will help curb my intense love for high end stuff. A year ago, Physician's Formula (which is a great brand!) was the most expensive line that I had, with the exception of my orgasm blush. Now I've got NARS, Benefit, and UD comin' out the butt lol. I've kinda become a major makeup snob, and my wallet would really appreciate it if I cut it the heck out. 

I'm going to specify right now, too, my no buy includes clothes, purses, make up, and skincare. It does not include hair stuff, but devacurl is the only brand I use so when I run out, I just buy one more bottle. YEAH I CAN DO IT THIS MONTH.

Me 2! I got a freeman mask in the mail & thought there is no way I am putting that crap on my face. I was using generic target night cream 2 years ago.

My pain gave me a break today so I was actually able to leave the house. I went to ulta. I did technically break my no buy but I'm giving myself a pass on this one. I don't even remember the last time I was able to get out & shop.

I spent $28, not bad. They have some good stuff in their 5 for $10 sale. I'm so glad they didn't have those awesome sample bags in store. I would have spent $60 no problem.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm also really hoping that this no-buy/project pan will help curb my intense love for high end stuff. A year ago, Physician's Formula (which is a great brand!) was the most expensive line that I had, with the exception of my orgasm blush. Now I've got NARS, Benefit, and UD comin' out the butt lol. I've kinda become a major makeup snob, and my wallet would really appreciate it if I cut it the heck out. 

So I got my ulta order to go through. I know devacurl is not included in my no buy, but for some reason I feel guilty about ordering it for the free sample bag. But hopefully the free samples will help me not want to buy other things, and the hair products will last me about 3 months or so. 

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went to Nordstrom Rack and bought a pale yellow nail polish & a 3 pack of Philosophy 3-in-1's.. doesn't count as breaking my no-buy though since I used a Nordstrom Note to pay for it. They had UD Book of Shadows for $29.. but they are too bulky for my taste.

Going until May.

Um, was that the one in Chandler? Because if so, I may have to start my No Buy tomorrow.....

ETA: Disregard. It's $29 directly through UD as well. And I don't NEED the darned thing.

Today started my no-buy (until JULY!!!!). I'm allowing myself an exception for my birthday later this month, and my subs don't count, but that's it! My buying has gotten out of control ad I need to stop and use what I have!

Welcome to the group! I think this is the month when a lot of us are starting to get hardcore about our no-buys. Good luck. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by BrittneyMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Today started my no-buy (until JULY!!!!). I'm allowing myself an exception for my birthday later this month, and my subs don't count, but that's it! My buying has gotten out of control ad I need to stop and use what I have!
Lol! I need to go shopping at my own house, haha! My collection has gotten a little bit crazy (and by a little, I mean waaaay out of control), so this is the time to get down to business. Shopping my stash over the next few months is going to be really good for me.

I've decided I'm going to start my Project 25 pan as of today. Sample packets and perfume vials count as 1/2 of a finished product. Depending on how much of a dent I've made by the time I reach 25, I might add onto it!

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wanna go shopping @ your house!

I think I should really do an April beauty product no-buy. (Excluding trades, my already existing subs, and free items.) It's the only area where I have a problem. As much as I love shoes and bags and jewelry, I can resist them. I did a clean out of my cosmetics, throwing away anything that was dried up or that I would have to cut open to use the remaining portion, and putting up for trade anything that I will not use. My goal is to use the samples and product that I have, instead of hoarding them. When I was younger, we were really poor, so I would try to stretch out my makeup use and save the special items for as long as possible. I need to change my mentality to using the products and enjoying them, and realizing that there is still a drawerful, a medicine cabinet full, and four makeup bags full of items to turn to when one product runs out.

Same here! The only exception is any money I get for my upcoming birthday. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hahahaha! Thing is, I didn't even buy most of them! They were gifts or just passed off from my old roommates who didn't want them anymore. I did get rid of some that I didn't like, so now I actually have less than I used to lol. If you want to see some crazy collections, head over to Fragrantica. There are some women who have over 500 different bottles of perfume!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL LADY GREY! I'm so jealous of your perfume collection. 

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I should really do an April beauty product no-buy. (Excluding trades, my already existing subs, and free items.) It's the only area where I have a problem. As much as I love shoes and bags and jewelry, I can resist them. I did a clean out of my cosmetics, throwing away anything that was dried up or that I would have to cut open to use the remaining portion, and putting up for trade anything that I will not use. My goal is to use the samples and product that I have, instead of hoarding them. When I was younger, we were really poor, so I would try to stretch out my makeup use and save the special items for as long as possible. I need to change my mentality to using the products and enjoying them, and realizing that there is still a drawerful, a medicine cabinet full, and four makeup bags full of items to turn to when one product runs out.
I understand you completely...had to buy drugstore makeup (have a hard time doing it today as it brings back memories of being poor and would rather be broke and go to Sephora or Nordy )and nothing is wrong with Cover Girl or Loreal but when you have to stretch it out and cannot buy the proverbial IT color it sucks. Now as an adult I hoard too and need to assure myself that I have enough and I am not going to run out. It has been therapeutic to trade or give away things I just have too much of before they go bad.  I was in Ulta trying to find the perfect shade of orange eyeshadow and I just could not bring myself to buy the NYX as it was poorly pigmented and I knew it would sit there...so going to MAC today to recycle and get my shadow for free.  Not that I really need another shadow. I have two MUJI drawers filled=240 single MAC and BM shadow..but I do not have the it color orange! I find that trading takes off the edge. I can relate to MAC IS MY CRACK and Makeup gets me high.

Going to take major will power not to buy at MAC today or at least not spend over $20. IT IS HARD.

Sooo tempted to break my no-buy. I got an email from elf that all their studio stuff is 50% off, which means the brush set I've been wanting would only be $15. Siiigh. Move on Amy, move on...gah!

Maybe I should extend this past May, until I have used up most of this stuff. I have too much crap. My closet looks like a landfill, even my desk looks like a tornado rolled through it with the amount of crap I keep on it. I have 27 nail polishes. I have a vinyl Sephora tote that I got for free last year even though I wasn't a VIB then, and it is full to the top of samples and stuff I don't use. My caboodle (hell yeah I use a caboodle) is sad and lonely, I never visit it. 

I just purged a lot of my stuff earlier this year, too. But I must have bought more crap because there is just too much stuff. I'm starting to think I may be a hoarder. I'm going to have to start using my stuff more. and I will HAVE to get to work on my closet really soon.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe I should extend this past May, until I have used up most of this stuff. I have too much crap. My closet looks like a landfill, even my desk looks like a tornado rolled through it with the amount of crap I keep on it. I have 27 nail polishes. I have a vinyl Sephora tote that I got for free last year even though I wasn't a VIB then, and it is full to the top of samples and stuff I don't use. My caboodle (hell yeah I use a caboodle) is sad and lonely, I never visit it. 

I just purged a lot of my stuff earlier this year, too. But I must have bought more crap because there is just too much stuff. I'm starting to think I may be a hoarder. I'm going to have to start using my stuff more. and I will HAVE to get to work on my closet really soon.

If you feel guilty about 27 nail polishes, I don't know how I should feel about myself lol. 

Back