Are these products good?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! I am going to buy some makeup staples before I go back to college(in mid-August), and of course, I would love to buy the very best! Especially since I have Rush and want to make my house look the very best! I looked for reviews of these, but only found a few, can you guys help me out? Have you tried any of these products before(even in different shades)? I probably won't buy ALL of this(since I am a college student after all!) so it's important for me to screen the products!

Nars eyeshadow in Cyprus, Klondike, Himalayas, Lola Lola, Nepal, Nymphea, Night Star, El Dorado, and Windstar(duo).

Sephora Collection Tinted Moisturizer

Pop Beauty Eye Cake- Peaches

Sephora Collection Makeup brush cleansing wipes

Pop Beauty Glam Jam- Sweetness

Sephora Collection large sable dome short handle eyeshadow brush

Sephora Collection short handle slanted eyeshadow brush

Bare Escentuals kit in Fairly Light/Light

Becca Mattifying Primer

Thanks! I'm also planning on making hair care and skincare threads(I'm going all out), so feel free to help me there too!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi Blond-

Are you new to us? If so, hi! welcome! nice to meet you! I have a few sephora brushes, but i was none to thilled with them. I got some Sonia brushes from target and LOVE those! As for BE, i tried it, and hated it.
icon_evil.gif
. Actually, i tried my sisters and we are the same skin tone.. i swirled, tapped and buffed my way to a masky like look. yay. just what i didn't want. And whoa! where did those pores come from? ICK! its caking! UGH! I usually, swirl tap and buff my studio fix on. i dont like the spongey thingy- as for the Sephora makeup items, lots of my friends use the line and like it alot.. aside from their e/s which i got mixed reviews on.. i can't use it myself, my eyes dont like it, they itch! HTHS

i haven't tried all of those brands before.

i know bare minerals is iffy for people like what macforme said.

i have some sephora eye shadow brushes. i like them. i have the small flat, domed oone. it really packs on the color.

i heard nars eye shadows are hard to use because it's hard to get the color to show up.

HTH!

i suggest trying out the NARS eyeshadows in person because some of them are really sheer, especially Night Star..it'll just show up as shimmer.

what type of skin do you have? on my combo skin BE was just way too shiny due to the bismuth, and it was hard for me to get an exact color match. i do use BE's mineral veil on a daily basis though=).

i myself am curious about sephora's new TMs let us know how it works out if you get it!

as for brushes, i 2nd buying Sonia Kashuk's brush sets instead. cheaper and great quality!

Thanks you guys! It's not great to hear that BE can be pretty unreliable. I do have combination skin and I was very worried that it would be greasy/oily. I guess I should focus more on my skincare so that I don't have to use much makeup anyway!
wink.gif

I can never really make it to target, so I might just buy the Sephora brushes since its convenient(if I'm buying so much from them already). I will definitely look at NARS eyeshadows in the store and try them out. Thanks for the info! Keep it coming!

I like the BE foundations, but they always seem to be sold out at my Sephora. I don't really like wearing so much foundation and my skin is oily so I prefer to use powder foundations. I just have to be careful not to use too much of the stuff on my face. It is really easy to get too much of the powder on your brush even if you do the swirl, tap, buff. If i just pick up the powder that is stuck to the inside of the lid I don't overload my brush.

And I believe that BE has a money back guarantee, so you could always return it if the stuff doesn't work for you.

Back