Are you a Desperate Housewives Fan? Check this out.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Report: 'Housewives' Flip Out at Shoot

NEW YORK - They may appear sultry and ready for summer on the May cover of Vanity Fair, but according to the magazine, the stars of ABC's "Desperate Housewives" were actually steaming angry.

Vanity Fair's cover proclaims: "You wouldn't believe what it took just to get this photo!" The article acknowledges that the poolside photo-shoot, in which the five women appear in different colored bathing suits, was manned by an ABC representative who was to make sure that certain demands were met — including that Teri Hatcher didn't select her wardrobe first or appear in the center of any group photo.

"Whatever you do," the ABC rep, who wasn't identified by name, said when he arrived on the set, "do not let Teri go to wardrobe first."

Despite the rep's plea, Hatcher was the first "housewife" to visit wardrobe, and she had consulted with the stylist days in advance. At one point, the rep proclaimed: "This is a problem. I'm getting text messages from Eva (Longoria). Everything is not fine."

The struggles continued once the photographer started snapping. Redhead Marcia Cross turned red-hot when she saw Hatcher standing next to her in the center of the shot, according to the article. Cross grabbed her bathrobe and stormed egoff, spewing expletives at the ABC rep.

Hatcher later walked to the other end of the set, where "she got into a tearful, heated conversation on her cell phone."

In the fold-out May cover, which hits newsstands April 12, the center position belongs to Nicollette Sheridan, who's flanked by Hatcher and Cross with Longoria and Felicity Huffman posed beneath them on a chaise — although Cross and Huffman can't been seen when the cover is folded.

Also in the article, the women discuss the media blitz surrounding the show and its stars. Huffman believes a "Desperate" backlash is imminent while Cross just ignores it all.

"Honestly, I don't read it," Cross told Vanity Fair of the media coverage. "And I don't even watch the show right now. It's too much. It's just too much..."

18_2_100v.gif
And they are only on their first season.

I've only seen 2 episodes, but it seems good - I'm just usually never around when its on - or I just forget.... when is it on again!?! LOL
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I've only seen 2 episodes, but it seems good - I'm just usually never around when its on - or I just forget.... when is it on again!?! LOL
icon_redface.gif
Its on Sunday night at 9pm on ABC (at leaast in Cali it is). Its a good show. I dont care too much for Teri Hatcher but I love the rest of the girls.

Originally Posted by Marisol Its on Sunday night at 9pm on ABC (at leaast in Cali it is). Its a good show. I dont care too much for Teri Hatcher but I love the rest of the girls. thanks hun!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol I dont care too much for Teri Hatcher but I love the rest of the girls. Frankly, I don't understand why she gets so much attention. The show's success is due in part to great writing & the ensemble cast--she wouldn't be there w/out the rest of them. I still don't understand how she won the Golden Globe & SAG awards b/c there were FAR better contenders up against her. Typically predictable w/award shows....
icon_rolleyes.gif

PMSL! Oh the jealousy is hilarious.. I started watching this a few weeks back & i'm half way through the 1st series right now. Boy am i confused! Its good viewing though

Back