Are you a makeup snob?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like high-end beauty products for the most part. The products I will only buy from drug stores are aveeno chapstick, rimmel eye liners & lip liners, and l'oreal HIP mascara. false eye lashes too.

I use what works best. Sometimes it's from the drug store, sometimes from a m/u counter or Sephora.

I'm a makeup bargain hunter. I can't afoors high end stuff , so I get cheapie brands all the time and quite honestly, I chose my Megaplump mascara over any brand.

Hi,

Definitely not a makeup snob. There are some wonderful low-end products that I would never give up using.

I think I have a foot set in each camp. The best mascara I've ever used costs about £3 and beats the heck out of Lancome's Hypnose and Dior's Diorshow, both of which I had before. The only downfall with value products is the fact that most of them have very tacky and cheap packaging which scares me off. To be honest, I'd rather have a beautiful Guerlain or Clinique Blush that comes with a mirror and ultra-beautiful packaging than something that is made of tacky plastic and nearly falls apart... which one would YOU be rather showing off in public, hmm?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif How many of us are makeup snobs? Do you ONLY use high-end products, or do you also use low-end? I use both, because to me, as long as it looks good and the color lasts, then I'll buy it and use it.
dito.gif

Most deff both. My mascara, false lashes & pencils all are drugstore brand.

MAX Factor has nice lippies but they're almost priced the same as MAC brands so I dunno about that.

As much as I loved NYX in the beginning - I now much prefer MAC, I haven't touched my NYX ever since I started buying MAC e/s. So, most deff both. I will splurge on good foundation - huge must.

I have both but the majority of my makeup is drugstore. I usually just buy eyeshadow & lots of it. I LOVE L'Oreals HIP eyeshadows. =)

I am guilty as charged! I can't help but go into sephora and buy the expensive stuff even though I could have found something as good at Target or the drugstore. I have some drugstore thigns, but for some reason I keep thinking they aren't going to work and well...I go off to sephora or a department store and buy something for $50 that is as good as something for $3.

Funny, I was reading over the Monistat-for-the-face-primer thread last night (I made it to page nine) and thought of trying it over my Smashbox primer. Then I thought, why should I switch products when spending $30 on the brand that I use is not a problem for me? In other words, why fix it if it's not broken? My reasoning, thirty dollars is not a lot of money for me to look "smashing." And I love the results.
brsh.gif

With that said, I buy high- and low-end products, with L’Oreal being my favorite drugstore brand. MAC is my favorite high-end brand, but it's not about money for me. It's about quality. The worst that can happen is that I'm out all day and my face starts to melt, crack, peel, sink, and fade. And I'm stuck somewhere for hours (which is often the case), where I can't touch-up my face. With buying MAC products, I am assured that this won't happen.

One night last week, I fell asleep without taking my make-up off (I know, I was just as horrified as you are when I woke up!). I immediately ran to the mirror because I have this thing about my skin breathing--sometimes. And you know what? My MAC make-up looked fantastic! I could have skipped my morning make-up routine that day and went out on the town.

I am not paying for a tube of lipstick or a bottle of face primer; I am paying for a piece of mind, insurance that I'll look good from the start of my day until my day is over. That, my friend, is priceless.

Never a highend snob! I buy from both side, although I like the e/s from highend because they tend to be less flakey.

I'm so NOT a makeup snob!!!
smile.gif
How can I? I started with low-end makeup, so I've pretty much tried everything out there and screened out the good quality ones. Most of my HG products are drugstore makeup, and why not, right? The price is right, and it's good quality makeup! I love Revlon Colorstay (I don't think I'll ever be trying any other foundation), NYX, Rimmel eye pencils, CoverGirl mascara, and Wet n' Wild creme shadows. I would be stupid NOT to buy them, especially if they're on sale or on BOGO! I've never tried Milani, but I found it in Kmart for 2.39! I was very surprised because they're usually around 4 bucks at Longs or beauty stores.

I am about as much of a make-up snob as I can be, but in my own way. I flinch seeing liquid foundation of any kind now because I'm a total MMU slut. So in that way, I will forever value MMU over even MAC foundations, just...well, that's how I am. Same with eyeshadows, blushes, etc. I will NOT use anything other than MMU, LOL!

The only non-MMU products I have are Diorshow Mascara, Too Faced Lash Injection, and MAC lipglasses. I am picky about those. But I do have several drugstore lipsticks and glosses that are fabulous.

So it depends. For my *face*, I'm an MMU snob.

Mascara? I'm a high-end junkie.

Lips? Not so much
wink.gif
Burt's Bees triumphs over all anyway, no matter what color I wear on top of it.

I am in no way a makeup snob. I can only afford low end cosmetics plus you never know what might work if you dont try it.

Latest posts

Back