Are you a makeup snob?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that the majority of my stuff is high end however, I like to use everything.

I use to be a snob!! But then money started running low....so I had to cut that out!!

I know alot of makeup SNOBS, the ones that spend $150.00 at Sephora. I admit I use both. It's what works out for you. I just got a bunch of Stila makeup. Yet I also use some drug store stuff. I use both. But I like to whip out a nice Mac compact, from time to time. haha...I know I have it, but I also have the drug store stuff that is close to the high end. Some mascaras, are worth it.

Man....I used to be a hardcore snob. I would only buy highend. Now...I use primarily drugstore items. I have found through trial and error that a lot of drugstore items far exceed the qaulity of highend. I don't care what the name brand is on the tube because the only thing people see is the name brand "Manders Face"...hahah.

I currently use....

Revlon Tinted Moisturizer

Maybelline Mascara

Ardell Brow Gel and Lashes

NYX Shadows and Blush

Milani Shadows and Blush

I use what works best. I am a fan of Nars and estee lauder shadows but also find wet and wild to have a good staying power as well. I will use what works, period. I have spent $$ on trendy high end makeup and found it works as well as it's lower end counterparts. That doesnt mean to say all low end works as well as high end but there are a few!

We should make a list of our favorite low end "dupes" =)

I buy it all, lol. If I see something I want, I buy it whether it's cheap or pricey. I have about an equal balance of drugstore/high end products.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Man....I used to be a hardcore snob. I would only buy highend. Now...I use primarily drugstore items. I have found through trial and error that a lot of drugstore items far exceed the qaulity of highend. I don't care what the name brand is on the tube because the only thing people see is the name brand "Manders Face"...hahah.
I currently use....

Revlon Tinted Moisturizer

Maybelline Mascara

Ardell Brow Gel and Lashes

NYX Shadows and Blush

Milani Shadows and Blush

yeah that's exactly what made me switch over to the d/s sidei still am a clothes-snob i won't wear any piece of clothing or fashion accessory (with the exception of jewelry) if it isn't name brand but when it comes to makeup i kinda switched gears a bit esp. when i find i'm in a pinch and am in need of $20 and realized...."Ok why did i spend $20 bucks on some chanel nail polish?

Both. However i do prefer high brand, particularly for foundation. I don't think I could buy drugstore foundation because it's hard to get a match from something where you can't tell the exact color.

i like using all kinds of cosmetics. it feels good though to buy cheap makeup that works just as well.

i'll be honest... before i came here, i was! and then i would look at all the tutorials and no one else put their drugstore buys in a bag of shame for no one else to see. i noticed how everyone had their Maybelline next to their MAC and their Wet N Wild hanging around their Stila...

and then I found NYX! and soon my snotty little wall started to break down.

Ulta helps me with the joining of the two worlds as well, getting to shop for both in the same place and comparing product to product is the best!!!

i'm afraid to say i am! even if i like the color/quality of the "cheap" makeup, i won't use it.

I tend to use both high-end and drugstore makeup, although when it comes to skincare, foundation, concealer, powder etc I will only use high-end (Clinique/Estee Lauder). As for drugstore brands, I love L'Oreal mascara, Collection 2000 eyeliner as an eyebrow pencil (works better than any eyebrow pencil I've tried) and The Body Shop blushes (Raspberry Pink and Golden Pink are amazing dupes for MAC's Pink Swoon and NARS Orgasm) xxx

I will use whatever works, I do steer clear of the cheep and nastys from the $2 shop.

I'm not a MU snob, and I didn't realize this until I joined this forum and really started thinking about my favorite products.

Back