ARGH! contact lenses and nails!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i wear contact lenses almost daily.... but, my nails have to be like pretty short to get the lenses in and out easily.

i can never never grow my nails nicely to be manicured because that way, i cant put my lenses in.

well, the main problem is getting the lenses out. putting them in with long nails is oookkk.. not much of a problem. but i dont want to accidentally tear my eye with my nails..

help me girls! am i destined to choose one over the other?

I have the very same problem. I have my own nails cut really short but I use press on nails for special occasions. I love my contacts but this is def the main downfall to them!

yea! but i've seen it before and i know it CAN be done!
frown.gif

i had this problem also when i had nails done.

i had to carefully try and move the lenses down so i could pinch it to get it out, it worked but have to be careful

Originally Posted by chantelle8686 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i had this problem also when i had nails done.i had to carefully try and move the lenses down so i could pinch it to get it out, it worked but have to be careful

Totally agree, What I do is move it down with one finger tip and quickly grab it with 2 others when it's down. Take a bit of practice but works in the end.

i wear rigid contacts and take them out with a tiny special plunger. no problems
smile.gif
as for soft contacts, like the others said, it might just be a trick.

Use the pads of your fingers and not the tips. That way you don't scratch your eye. I kinda put the pads of my middle fingers on each side of my contact and then push them together and pull the contact out. I haven't scratched myself and I haven't ripped a lense.

I have the same problem, but my stupid solution has been to leave my contacts in my eyes for weeks at a time.

I have acrylic nails and use contact lenses and nothing ever happens to them. I rarely poke myself in the eye or scratch them.

I used to get my nails done but then I stopped. Now I just do my own nails. I file them alot so their nice and smooth so I don't end up poking my eyes. And I use soft contacts so their more flexible to just squeeze outta my eye even when I touch my eyelid.

I had the same problem when I got acrylics. I had to keep my finger straight and flat when I was putting them in, and using the pads of my finger def helped.

take care

x

i have acylics 2, it was hard at first but i soon got into the swingofit n there in n out no probs now

just takes practice
smile.gif

I have false nails with contacts and I have just learned to do it.

it's so hard to explain without being there, you just have to get the right angles.

I bet you can talk to your optometrist to see if there are any tips or tricks that he recommends.

Guess I'm lucky.... I don't wear contacts (have glasses) and I have short nails..... SIGH.... lol

I used to wear contacts and couldn't get them in or out when my nails were long. Tried for ages and it just wouldn't work. Kept poking myself in the eye. Had laser surgery recently so escaped that problem now but I seem to keep breaking my nails anyway.

i have very long(dare i add pretty xP lol) nails, and I wear contacts but I have no problem taking them out or putting them in. you just have to get used to them. it's using short nails that makes me irritated hahaha. with long nails I can grab my contacts very easily...like a pair of tweezers but not metal XD

what I do is I push lightly with my thumb nail onto the contacts (like the flat side, not the edge) and then I pinch the contacts out of my eyes...with the other finger. if you get what i'm saying o_o

Latest posts

Back