Aromatherapy candles

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys! Can you recommend any aromatherapy candles that really do their job, de-stress/relax/revive etc? I´m really interested in trying out these candles, but would like to know which brands really deliver. Thanks!

I have practiced as a clinical aromatherapist for several years and I have yet to find any commercially made candle that is effective. The problem is that essential oils evaporate quickly as they are heated and they have a limited shelf life. What I use in my practice is a aromatherapy burner with plain white soy candles used for relaxation. This way I can use the oils which will be most effective and utilize the ambiant and relaxing glow of candles. My clients love it because they can purchase blends that have been personalized for their use and take them home and use them as needed without having to stockpile a million different candles.

Originally Posted by Colleen I have practiced as a clinical aromatherapist for several years and I have yet to find any commercially made candle that is effective. The problem is that essential oils evaporate quickly as they are heated and they have a limited shelf life. What I use in my practice is a aromatherapy burner with plain white soy candles used for relaxation. This way I can use the oils which will be most effective and utilize the ambiant and relaxing glow of candles. My clients love it because they can purchase blends that have been personalized for their use and take them home and use them as needed without having to stockpile a million different candles. Thanks for the info, Colleen! The methods you use in your practice sound heavenly.

You are very welcome. I love what aromatherapy has done for my life.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I too am a firm believer in aromatherapy. I use my essential oils in a diffuser. Lavender is a very soothing, relaxing oil and is the most versatile of all essential oils. No home should be without it!

I have two bottles of essential oil at home and this little tea light burner thing that came with it. Is this the same thing? I really like aromatherapy but some scents give me a headache. So far, I have this pine Christmasy-type scent and this pumpkin - fall-type scent.

I'm looking for something relaxing and calming.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa I too am a firm believer in aromatherapy. I use my essential oils in a diffuser. Lavender is a very soothing, relaxing oil and is the most versatile of all essential oils. No home should be without it! I´m not a fan of the scent of lavender, but I guess I´ll need to buy lavender essential oil as so many people have said it´s good for relaxing. It´s a pity that my aromatherapy lamp is broken at the moment (the glass plate in fact), will need to buy a new one soon. The Aromatherapy Associates diffuser looks gorgeous but is quite expensive.
icon_frown.gif
, will have to see if I´ll buy one (I´ve never used a diffuser before, just a lamp with a tea light).

Originally Posted by afternoonchai Hi guys! Can you recommend any aromatherapy candles that really do their job, de-stress/relax/revive etc? I´m really interested in trying out these candles, but would like to know which brands really deliver. Thanks! After visiting the Sanctuary Spa on Camelback Mountain in Phoenix, AZ.Erno Lazlo, has a wonderful collection of spa items. I believe they had

matching candles in Neroli Citrus type scent. Very relaxing after a long day.

I'm not sure if this exclusive item to the spa but its definitely worth

checking into
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back