Article: Foods and Vitamins to Beautify Your Skin - Part II

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Foods to Eat for Clear Skin

Skin vitamins can be taken as nutritional supplements or they can be incorporated into your diet. Here are some foods good for your skin.

VITAMIN A

Vitamin A can be found in the following foods:

• Eggs
  • Whole milk
  • Liver
  • Carrots
  • Mango
  • Spinach
  • Breakfast cereal
VITAMIN B
Vitamin B can be found in the following foods:

• Wheat germ
  • Oatmeal
  • Whole wheat
  • Bran
  • Whole brown rice
  • Dairy products
  • Milk
  • Liver
  • Kidney
  • Fish
  • Eggs
VITAMIN E
Vitamin E can be found in the following foods:

• Almonds
  • Sunflower seeds
  • Peanut butter
  • Hazelnuts
  • Safflower oil
  • Spinach
  • Broccoli
  • Mango
VITAMIN C
Vitamin C can be found in the following foods:

• Oranges
  • Grapefruit
  • Mandarins
  • Lettuce
  • Spinach
  • Green peppers
  • Strawberries
  • Tomatoes
  • Cabbage
VITAMIN D
Vitamin D can be found in the following foods.

• Milk
  • Fortified rice
  • Fortified margarine
  • Salmon
  • Tuna
  • Liver
  • Cheese
Sunlight can also provide the body with vitamin D. ZINC

Zinc can be found in the following foods.

• Dairy products
  • Beans and lentils
  • Yeast
  • Nuts
  • Seeds
  • Cereals
  • Pumpkin seeds
All of these foods contain good skin vitamins. Foods to eat for clear skin include anything from the list of foods for vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E. Vitamin C foods are good foods to tighten skin. Supplements

Sometimes our diet does not contain all the vitamins and nutrients we need to keep our skin looking healthy. The following dietary supplements can help prevent and treat problems, based on skin type.

• Dry skin. Good supplements for people with dry skin include evening primrose oil, vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin B-complex, vitamin B12, vitamin E, zinc and selenium.
  • Oily skin. Good supplements for people with oily skin include evening primrose oil, vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin B complex, vitamin B12, vitamin E, zinc and flaxseed oil.
  • Combination skin and Normal skin. Good supplements for people with combination skin and normal skin include evening primrose oil, vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin B complex, vitamin B12, vitamin E and zinc.
Conclusion
Eating vitamins good for skin, along with the right skin care treatment, can help keep your skin looking its very best, as well as reducing and preventing problem areas. The skin vitamins mentioned here are beneficial for everyone who wants healthy, problem-free skin.

Source

thanks for the info! I take a multivitamin daily because unfortunately I don't eat many vitamin rich foods... maybe that should be my new years resolution!

I try to eat healthy, but sometimes it's so hard to think about all that you have to eat. I try to eat every day flax seed, oats and some fruits and vegatables.

i take evening primerose oil as a supplement and i think it helps a combo skin, i combine it with borrachio oil (apparently this one is especially good during winter, it helps fighting against dryness). i try everyday to eat enough veggies and fruits so i get all my vitamins.

I also take a Fish Oil supplement daily which I believe is supposed to help keep skin moisturized... I've also read on the internet that taking fish oil helps clear up acne but it hasn't done that for me... figures boo

Latest posts

Back