Asymmetrical eyes and makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could give me any makeup tips on the different appearance of my eyes. My Right eye is much wider at the inner corner than my left eye, i'd love to be able to 'even' my eyes out somehow without the makeup looking totally different on each eye!

Heres my pic, i'd be very grateful for any advice!

sultry.jpg

hi! welcome to mut!

i don't see too much of a difference
smile.gif
my eyes are asymmettrical also.

Thanks for the welcome guys
icon_smile.gif
and for your comments (they've made me feel bit better
icon_confused.gif
)

I know there isn't a massive difference between my eyes but there is still a difference and it bugs me! I've tried all sorts makeup wise but would love some advice.

Julie

Well, welcome to MuT! I agree with the other girls, I don't see any difference. My eyes are asymmetrical (my right eye slightly slopes downward, while my left doesn't) and it used to drive me crazy, but now it doesn't bother me. I just apply my makeup the same on both eyes and no one can tell LoL.

See?

Image25fgfd.jpg

I think you are very pretty, and I wouldn't worry about it.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

hi pinkribbons
icon_smile.gif
, you have beautiful eyes! The asymmetry is very mild, not noticable at all until I closely scrutinised yr pic, it doesn't detract from yr appearance at all either.

Liz, your pic was too small for me to see your eyes.

You know what I think has triggered this in me? I think its the the modern concept that good looks are symmetrical. Im that fickle, if it was the case that the media espoused asymmetry as beautiful then I wouldn't be so neurotic! I think with makeup the difference between my eye size is lessened too...all the same i'd love to have naturally symmetrical eyes.

Originally Posted by Trisha no one really has symetrical features tho, so dont worry, even eyebrows are different x I agree...even with the models you see on the mags (if you see one that's not been airbrushed
wink.gif
). Everyone has assymetrical feautures. On on makeup book that I have, the artist even did a composite of how two completely different faces are produced when the left side and the right side are split in half and done as one face.

nothing on either side of our bodies is exactly the same. the entire right side of my body is slightly bigger than the left side. don't be so critical of yourself that you miss your natural beauty. take yourself from under the microscope and enjoy what God gave you!

Hi Hoople, Welcome to MuT from another UK girl. I am Pauline. I think you have lovely eyes and i can't see what you mean but you will know your face better. You could try using a lighter eyeshdow to open your eyes and apply it in the inner corner's. I am sure there are tricks with makeup to widen and narrow area's with dark and light shadow. You look beautiful anyway
icon_cheesygrin.gif

PS, Kyile is considered on of the most beautiful women of the world and she has 2 very different shaped eyebrows. A little tip to help not feel so self concious is to look at the face as a whole (the way other people see you).

Latest posts

Back