At my wit's end with breakouts...HELP!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by BeneBaby Hi Girls! Good News!!!! I purchased MD formulations Adult Acne Kit. It was $42 for small sizes to try out. I was skeptical, as nothing has worked so far. But this stuff cleared my skin in one week. It is pricey for the full sizes, but if it works it's worth it. I am going to keep using it and see if it continues to improve my skin. Thanks for the outpouring of ideas!!!!!!!
claps.gif
Is that the same as The problem prone kit or is it a totally different kit?
Lisa

Originally Posted by leelee04 Is that the same as The problem prone kit or is it a totally different kit?

Lisa

The cover of the box says Adult Acne Kit????? It works!!!!! I have super dry skin and this doesn't make me peel or excessively dry. I have clear skin again!!
icon_eek.gif

Hi babes.

I've had acne since I was..I don't know, 13? Every morning is like you go to the mirror to see where's a surprise pimple today.

I've seen a dermatologist about the problem once, and was SO disappointed I've never went to see another one. Doctor had prescribed me SebaMed soap from barely looking at me and it made my skin peel off terribly.

So now I'm 21 and my roommate has this glowing perfect skin I've always dream about, and a couple of months ago I saw pics of her 2 years ago. She had acne?! When I asked her, HOW on earth did she get rid of it, she showed me a tube of Differin gel. So I ran to the pharmacy and bought myself one.

It's been two months now I'm using it EVERY night, and believe it or not, my acne is almost gone!!! I still can't believe the bumps under my skin on the forehead and on cheeks are gone,- it has cleared all the deep-deep hidden zit-to-be's. There are 2 or 3 tiny pimples left on the face, but roommate said it's natural, the skin is clearing itself. And it seems they really are about to disappear!!! ARGH! :icon_love

Sorry about the rave, but i think the product deservs it
biggrin.gif

PS: The only flaw is that my skin does flake with Differin. I'm moisturizing and scrubbing, but it seems to be more flakey after i've used a scrub on it.
icon_neutral.gif

Have you tried tanning in tanning beds? I know where I work clients come in to tan to clear up their acne or breakouts. Some even say it works. My friend from California breaks alot and when she comes to visit me she comes in to my work to tan just for that reason only 4 to 5 minutes at a time and not every day. And she say's it helps her.

Good luck

Originally Posted by BeneBaby The cover of the box says Adult Acne Kit????? It works!!!!! I have super dry skin and this doesn't make me peel or excessively dry. I have clear skin again!!
icon_eek.gif
Thats great that you have clear skin again!
claps.gif
Where did you buy the kit?
Lisa

What's ACV?

I've tried their pink stuff, it's not that good as you may hear or read from their advertisements.

MB drying lotion does dry out the white head (some particular white head I suppose) overnight.

But, if you have inflamed or a bit huge red bump pimple, you can't count on the drying lotion.

I'd get ACV for the red inflamed pimples.

Thanks for the info. Doesn't the smell bother you?

Originally Posted by Liz ACV = apple cider vinegar

i use acv, and heck yeah the smell bothers me!!!! sometimes I cry (because it aggravates my eyes when i get to close), or get the smell up my nose, and that's the worst!!! But I still use it, cause it works :icon_love

Do you use it straight? Or do you use it with something?

Originally Posted by jennyb i use acv, and heck yeah the smell bothers me!!!! sometimes I cry (because it aggravates my eyes when i get to close), or get the smell up my nose, and that's the worst!!! But I still use it, cause it works :icon_love

I have normal/oily skin and was breaking out on my forehead and chin, and then I would have dark spots left on my face even if I didn't pick at them. I went to the dermatologist a week and a half ago and she prescribed an acne treatment called Finacea. You cleanse your face and then put the finacea on and you don't wash it off. It gives a tingling sensation the first few times you use it, but she said that is normal. You use the finacea twice a day. I have not had a break out since, even at that time of the month. She also prescribed triluma for the spots which is expensive, about 120.00, but she says it is the best fading cream for spots she has used for her patients in eleven years. So maybe this information will help, it is working for me thus far.

Originally Posted by oxxoxx Hi babes.I've had acne since I was..I don't know, 13? Every morning is like you go to the mirror to see where's a surprise pimple today.

I've seen a dermatologist about the problem once, and was SO disappointed I've never went to see another one. Doctor had prescribed me SebaMed soap from barely looking at me and it made my skin peel off terribly.

So now I'm 21 and my roommate has this glowing perfect skin I've always dream about, and a couple of months ago I saw pics of her 2 years ago. She had acne?! When I asked her, HOW on earth did she get rid of it, she showed me a tube of Differin gel. So I ran to the pharmacy and bought myself one.

It's been two months now I'm using it EVERY night, and believe it or not, my acne is almost gone!!! I still can't believe the bumps under my skin on the forehead and on cheeks are gone,- it has cleared all the deep-deep hidden zit-to-be's. There are 2 or 3 tiny pimples left on the face, but roommate said it's natural, the skin is clearing itself. And it seems they really are about to disappear!!! ARGH! :icon_love

Sorry about the rave, but i think the product deservs it
biggrin.gif

PS: The only flaw is that my skin does flake with Differin. I'm moisturizing and scrubbing, but it seems to be more flakey after i've used a scrub on it.
icon_neutral.gif

Have you tried anything with Glycolic Acid? I use SErious skin care Glycolic Acid wash, and I had what they called Lesions on my face. Now they are non-existent!

I really recommend it! Good luck
icon_biggrin.gif

i'm glad you found something that works!! maybe i should recommend that line to my best friend; she is 25 and still having problems with breakouts.

i think what happened with you probably was a hormonal thing that was probably brought on by stress, lack of sleep - even a slight change in diet can do it from my experience. but you know it is hormonal when you are over 20 and start breaking out on the jawline; that is always a sure sign!

my sleep schedule changed slightly and i started falling asleep around 8pm for four days without washing my face, and boom - worst acne i have had in years all along my jaw and lower cheeks. it is finally starting to clear up now. thank God! i soooo thought i was over that part of my life though! guess i better be more careful
icon_neutral.gif

also...thought i'd mention that my dermatologist prescribed me a reeeaally low dose of retin a micro - .04% - and my skin doesn't flake at all now! i still get the benefits of retin a, but without the redness and irritation. plus i can still use my dermalogica mircrofoliant every morning which i LOVE! helps with breakouts too...

Originally Posted by devinjhans I have normal/oily skin and was breaking out on my forehead and chin, and then I would have dark spots left on my face even if I didn't pick at them. I went to the dermatologist a week and a half ago and she prescribed an acne treatment called Finacea. You cleanse your face and then put the finacea on and you don't wash it off. It gives a tingling sensation the first few times you use it, but she said that is normal. You use the finacea twice a day. I have not had a break out since, even at that time of the month. She also prescribed triluma for the spots which is expensive, about 120.00, but she says it is the best fading cream for spots she has used for her patients in eleven years. So maybe this information will help, it is working for me thus far. Finacea has been a God-send for me!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sorry, I don't know when you posted this, but I just saw it. I use it straight on a cotton ball, I got my mom using it too.

Originally Posted by berryblu Do you use it straight? Or do you use it with something?

Do you use all over or just on zits. Thanks for all the help.

Originally Posted by jennyb Sorry, I don't know when you posted this, but I just saw it. I use it straight on a cotton ball, I got my mom using it too.

Do you use all over or just on zits. Thanks for all the help.

Originally Posted by jennyb Sorry, I don't know when you posted this, but I just saw it. I use it straight on a cotton ball, I got my mom using it too.

I use it all over my face like a toner. My skin gets dry and flaky easily, but now with this stuff. i'm surprized

Hi, I just joined the forums today so I might be a little late but here is some advice I can give you as far as general maintenance that might helps. The first is a gentle wash, that also kills acne fighting bacteria without drying your skin. I'm sure you've heard of Tea Tree Oil, and it's great especially for skin types like yours that can't tolerate harsh ingredients. I use Tea Tree oil as well as Manuka Oil which is a relative of the Tea Tree, but up to 50x more effective at killing certain bacteria's. Using an all natural Tea Tree facial soap might make a big difference alone. Here is the facial soap I personally use Flawless Complexion Facial Soap,but there are of course many similiar type products out there.

Another small pretty obvious tip is do not pick at your acne breakouts. For years I couldn't stop picking at my skin and finally when I started making my own products I just left it alone and within weeks I noticed a huge improvement just from that. If you do have to extract an acne breakout, using a qtip, break it in half and dab a small bit of hydrogen peroxide on the end, then gently squeeze out the blemish using the ends of the qtip, if it doesn't come out easily, leave it alone.

Last I suggest using a very mild glycolic acid and salicylic acid spot treatment to help eliminate visible break outs. Essential Skincare makes one, as well as Dr.brandt, Philosophy and MD Formulations.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby I used to have perfect porcelain skin. Never any breakouts as a teen, now I am 24 and the floodgates have opened. I am constantly breaking out on my neck and chin. I have tried everything!!! Here's the lowdown......I have DRY skin and when I use acne treatment my face cracks and peels. When I use oil-free products my face dries out and flakes. When I use moisturizing products my face breaks out???????? I do not know what to do. I feel like crying. I have tried a million foundation, a miliion concealers and I keep getting pimples. If anyone can suggest anything I will love them forever. Thanks!
icon_redface.gif

Back