At my wit's end with breakouts...HELP!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I used to have perfect porcelain skin. Never any breakouts as a teen, now I am 24 and the floodgates have opened. I am constantly breaking out on my neck and chin. I have tried everything!!! Here's the lowdown......

I have DRY skin and when I use acne treatment my face cracks and peels. When I use oil-free products my face dries out and flakes. When I use moisturizing products my face breaks out???????? I do not know what to do. I feel like crying. I have tried a million foundation, a miliion concealers and I keep getting pimples. If anyone can suggest anything I will love them forever. Thanks!
icon_redface.gif

i know how you feel. i keep breaking out on my forehead.

my only advice is for you to go see a dermatologist. i need to go see one too.

please explain what you use as acne treatment

Originally Posted by BeneBaby I used to have perfect porcelain skin. Never any breakouts as a teen, now I am 24 and the floodgates have opened. I am constantly breaking out on my neck and chin. I have tried everything!!! Here's the lowdown......I have DRY skin and when I use acne treatment my face cracks and peels. When I use oil-free products my face dries out and flakes. When I use moisturizing products my face breaks out???????? I do not know what to do. I feel like crying. I have tried a million foundation, a miliion concealers and I keep getting pimples. If anyone can suggest anything I will love them forever. Thanks!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby I have DRY skin and when I use acne treatment my face cracks and peels. When I use oil-free products my face dries out and flakes. When I use moisturizing products my face breaks out???????? I do not know what to do. I feel like crying. I have tried a million foundation, a miliion concealers and I keep getting pimples. If anyone can suggest anything I will love them forever. Thanks!
icon_redface.gif
You are describing my skin. I have been using MD formulations for about 6 months now and I really like it. My breakouts usually occur on my cheeks or my chin. If you can, try their starter kit for dry skin. For me, it has been great. I still break out every once in a while but my skin is smoother and doen't peel. When i do breakk out, I use the glycare acne gel.
Also, have you been stressed? Maybe that is why you are breaking out?

HTH!

I'm so sorry to hear that! Drink lots of water and see a dermatologist if you can. Is it possible that something you're eating or maybe a medication you're on could be causing it? Any chance that it might just be a hormonal thing?

Deffirin.

you must get your doctor to perscribe this for u
smile.gif
i love it! never dries out your skin, and works like a charm!

Here's what I've tried.......

Retin-A- dried my skin soooo much. It peeled and flaked off.

Benzoyl Peroxide- made my face itch and red.

Salicylic Acid- made me peel

I can't find anything that works.....tears.
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby Here's what I've tried.......
Retin-A- dried my skin soooo much. It peeled and flaked off.

Benzoyl Peroxide- made my face itch and red.

Salicylic Acid- made me peel

I can't find anything that works.....tears.
icon_cry.gif

id definetly go to the derm, i hope it works out for you,you are such a pretty woman ,a blemish here or there will not take away from that!!!!!
smile.gif
Goodluck sweetie!!!!one thing i love and has done wonders for my skin is co bigelow mud mask and skin tonic with witch hazel, my skin has been clear since ive been using it.

Originally Posted by sugersoul Deffirin.
smile.gif

ditto! i put it on a lot of places on my face and i NEVER get dried out. it really is a miracle product.

My derm prescribed Differin for me too a few years ago and it worked like a charm. No dry, flakey skin and no more breakouts. I didn't have major acne, but as a teenager I think most of us are prone to a pimple or two.

http://www.differin.com/index.cfm

Definitely go see a dermatologist.

I agree with Kim again.

It's probably something about, hormones balances, dietary, stress and enough sleep.

This is similar with my acne issue before, never had any breakouts before I turn 25.

But, my face constantly breaking out right after spring season over.

I went to a dermatologist, and he suggested me to get a goodnight sleep, since that is the first issue that might be the reason of why I'm having this acne. He was right about that though.

After I managed to get a good sleep every night, it seems getting better.

But few weeks after, I bought new blusher powder, it was tender blush from Estee Lauder.

Few days after I use that blush, my cheek is starting to get another pimple again.

I didn't realize that the blusher I bought few weeks ago was the one that made another breakouts on my cheeks. So I stopped using the blusher, and my cheeks are clear from acne now.

I also drink Green tea, every night before bed. Because it seems, it helped me to control the breakouts.

Thanks everyone!! I am going to the derm on Aug.26. I think I may have a hormonal imbalance. You've all been so sweet. :icon_love

Originally Posted by BeneBaby Thanks everyone!! I am going to the derm on Aug.26. I think I may have a hormonal imbalance. You've all been so sweet. :icon_love good luck! let us know how it goes
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby I used to have perfect porcelain skin. Never any breakouts as a teen, now I am 24 and the floodgates have opened. I am constantly breaking out on my neck and chin. I have tried everything!!! Here's the lowdown......I have DRY skin and when I use acne treatment my face cracks and peels. When I use oil-free products my face dries out and flakes. When I use moisturizing products my face breaks out???????? I do not know what to do. I feel like crying. I have tried a million foundation, a miliion concealers and I keep getting pimples. If anyone can suggest anything I will love them forever. Thanks!
icon_redface.gif

I feel ya. I'm 25 (almost 26 - 15 days) and I just started having the neck, jawline and chin b/o's. I picked a copy of Glamour's Anniversary edition (Sept 05) and found an ad for Mario Badescu's Pink Drying Lotion. It's supposed to dry out "pimples" overnight and help prevent breakouts. For my dry areas I would use it as a spot treatment. I have yet to try it, but I'm thinking about getting it. I can't recall where I heard rants and raves, but I know it was through the media (b/c I haven't been in touch w/ my friends). I can't quite get it now b/c it's $21.95 with shipping, but when I get it, I'll for sure let you know how it is. In the meantime read the reviews that are currently on Mut. Check THIS ONE out in particular. You can purchase the product on the Mario Badescu website.

Goodluck and keep us the update.

Originally Posted by eightthirty I feel ya. I'm 25 (almost 26 - 15 days) and I just started having the neck, jawline and chin b/o's. I picked a copy of Glamour's Anniversary edition (Sept 05) and found an ad for Mario Badescu's Pink Drying Lotion. It's supposed to dry out "pimples" overnight and help prevent breakouts. For my dry areas I would use it as a spot treatment. I have yet to try it, but I'm thinking about getting it. I can't recall where I heard rants and raves, but I know it was through the media (b/c I haven't been in touch w/ my friends). I can't quite get it now b/c it's $21.95 with shipping, but when I get it, I'll for sure let you know how it is. In the meantime read the reviews that are currently on Mut. Check THIS ONE out in particular. You can purchase the product on the Mario Badescu website. I've tried their pink stuff, it's not that good as you may hear or read from their advertisements.

MB drying lotion does dry out the white head (some particular white head I suppose) overnight.

But, if you have inflamed or a bit huge red bump pimple, you can't count on the drying lotion.

I'd get ACV for the red inflamed pimples.

Hi Girls! Good News!!!! I purchased MD formulations Adult Acne Kit. It was $42 for small sizes to try out. I was skeptical, as nothing has worked so far. But this stuff cleared my skin in one week. It is pricey for the full sizes, but if it works it's worth it. I am going to keep using it and see if it continues to improve my skin. Thanks for the outpouring of ideas!!!!!!!
claps.gif

yay! congrats on finding something that works. is that the set from sephora?

Originally Posted by sugersoul Differin.
smile.gif

I agree!!! Great stuff!!! Also... the Mario Badescu drying cream, and Murad Acne Complex kits are great too
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back