att:parents,potty training advice:)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok guys now i got my son ok with potty training at home and im working on my daughter(2yrold) i wanted to know what tricks/techniques did you guys use with your kids,this is a toughie,my daughter will sit on the toilet but wont do a thing,lol

thanks for your help guys
smile.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23

Ok guys now i got my son ok with potty training at home and im working on my daughter(2yrold) i wanted to know what tricks/techniques did you guys use with your kids,this is a toughie,my daughter will sit on the toilet but wont do a thing,lolthanks for your help guys
smile.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Cameron was way hilarious. He pretty much potty trained himself at around 2.5 or so. Since he went to school at a very young age, he was coming home each day telling us that he friends were going potty this way and was MAJORLY determined to do it himself. Aside from prolly 2-3 accidents, he pretty much potty trained himself. And that is why it is funny, he did it himself.

Okay well my daughter will be four next month and she has only been potty trained for about six months. I have never had a harder battle than trying to get her trained! She was sooooo stubborn! She knew what she needed to do and everything, she just didn't want to!
icon_frown.gif
Everyone kept telling me that she would just do it when she was ready. And one day she finally did but getting there was hell! I tried everything.......bribery (toys, candy, etc.), then I knew that she loved to have her fingernails painted so everytime she went potty I would paint a nail (sounds silly I know but I was desperate), you name it, I tried it. Then I got fed up and decided to ease off and let her do it on her own time, and she did! Finally!!!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Cameron was way hilarious. He pretty much potty trained himself at around 2.5 or so. Since he went to school at a very young age, he was coming home each day telling us that he friends were going potty this way and was MAJORLY determined to do it himself. Aside from prolly 2-3 accidents, he pretty much potty trained himself. And that is why it is funny, he did it himself.
Go Cameron!!!!!
smile.gif
He looks like a lil determined guy,lol
claps.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by tashbash Okay well my daughter will be four next month and she has only been potty trained for about six months. I have never had a harder battle than trying to get her trained! She was sooooo stubborn! She knew what she needed to do and everything, she just didn't want to!
icon_frown.gif
Everyone kept telling me that she would just do it when she was ready. And one day she finally did but getting there was hell! I tried everything.......bribery (toys, candy, etc.), then I knew that she loved to have her fingernails painted so everytime she went potty I would paint a nail (sounds silly I know but I was desperate), you name it, I tried it. Then I got fed up and decided to ease off and let her do it on her own time, and she did! Finally!!!
nothing sounds silly to me,i have done the bribery thing afew times myself,lol.

I guess they all do it at their own times !i will keep the faith
icon_cheesygrin.gif

My daughter kind of trained herself too! Her birthday is in October. The spring before she turned three I tried to get her to go on the potty but she wanted nothing to do with it My mom said when she's ready she will go on the potty. So... I just let it go. Early August she decided to go on the potty one weekend and after that she never went back to wearing a diaper. Also I am very lucky because she has NEVER had an accident in her clothes EVER and only a few times where she wet her bed. Of course my mother was right!

My son was really easy...he pretty much just started going to the toilet himself around 2 years old. I remember the first time he asked to go to the toilet, I was like WTF???

I have a friend who had a son that she needed to put in daycare or something and the place she was going to take him required all the kids to be potty trained. So one weekend she spent with him at home and kept his pants off. She brought him to the bathroom like every 30 min or so until he got the point. I thought it was a bit extreme, but he never needed a diaper again after those couple of days.

Latest posts

Back