Attention UD Primer Potion Users

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use L'oreal Decrease shadow base and its clear so I can see tons in there, but can't get it out. So I've started filling the sink with hot water and putting it in there for a few minutes. I guess it softens it so that it comes off the sides and I can get more out. This works for dried mascaras too!

Thanks for the tip Laura. Janelle, I don't know why you have had bad luck with UD PP. I bought mine at the beginning of February and still use the same bottle. I use it every day (very sparingly) and helps with my shadows creasing.

Originally Posted by Marisol Thanks for the tip Laura. Janelle, I don't know why you have had bad luck with UD PP. I bought mine at the beginning of February and still use the same bottle. I use it every day (very sparingly) and helps with my shadows creasing. I don't know... everytime I'd pull out the wand it'd be totally bare except for a little tiny dot of primer! I mean that is all i'd use anyway... but I'd really have to jam it in there... now that I've taken out that tube... I think I'll have enough now! LOL
icon_redface.gif

Wow! I've got to do that too!! I was just about to toss the tube that I have now cuz I thought it was empty! I've had the same problem as you Janelle... there just seems to be very little product in those containers!! This should stop me from ordering another one for at least a week or so (I hope!!).

Thanks for posting that tip Laura!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I don't know... everytime I'd pull out the wand it'd be totally bare except for a little tiny dot of primer! I mean that is all i'd use anyway... but I'd really have to jam it in there... now that I've taken out that tube... I think I'll have enough now! LOL
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Wow! I've got to do that too!! I was just about to toss the tube that I have now cuz I thought it was empty! I've had the same problem as you Janelle... there just seems to be very little product in those containers!! This should stop me from ordering another one for at least a week or so (I hope!!).
Thanks for posting that tip Laura!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oh yeah... for sure! Those pics were just what came out onto the wand after I went to recap it, and then open it again... I could tell there is plenty more in there still beside what came out on the wand!!! But it takes a year and a day to try and pry that tube out!!! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL!! yeah, I read about your troubles in getting the wand out of there. I'm gonna try to get mine out later on tonite. wish me luck!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Oh yeah... for sure! Those pics were just what came out onto the wand after I went to recap it, and then open it again... I could tell there is plenty more in there still beside what came out on the wand!!! But it takes a year and a day to try and pry that tube out!!! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU LOL!! yeah, I read about your troubles in getting the wand out of there. I'm gonna try to get mine out later on tonite. wish me luck!
icon_eek.gif
It's actually only a little clear tube about an inch or so long... but It's a pain trying to get it out! I ended up getting it out by taking the point of the cuticle nippers & sticking it down into the neck of it and then trying to pull it up from there. Trying to pull it up from the rim that stick out the top was pretty useless.
icon_rolleyes.gif

That's good to know.. it'll save me a bit of trouble! Thanks for the tip!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 It's actually only a little clear tube about an inch or so long... but It's a pain trying to get it out! I ended up getting it out by taking the point of the cuticle nippers & sticking it down into the neck of it and then trying to pull it up from there. Trying to pull it up from the rim that stick out the top was pretty useless.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Janelle, you also use a different brand primer (Ultima II may be) for eyelids right? Which one does a better job? or which do you prefer?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 It's actually only a little clear tube about an inch or so long... but It's a pain trying to get it out! I ended up getting it out by taking the point of the cuticle nippers & sticking it down into the neck of it and then trying to pull it up from there. Trying to pull it up from the rim that stick out the top was pretty useless.
icon_rolleyes.gif

i was gonna get the ultima II primer, but they only sell it online now, not in jcpenny's
frown.gif
shipping $ is a witch!

Originally Posted by lilla Janelle, you also use a different brand primer (Ultima II may be) for eyelids right? Which one does a better job? or which do you prefer? Hey Lilla! Yeah, I also use Ultima II's "fade not crease not" primer... I like the finish better of the Ultima II - it's a lot smoother and not as chalky as the UD. Sometimes the UD makes my lids look 'loose' & wrinkly - not so w/ the Ultima II - The plus for the UD is that it does keep e/s on a long time. Ultima does as well, but you need to do a second coat to really get lasting power. i would usually apply a light coat... let it set for a few seconds, then apply another. One coat - you might get one crease in the middle by the late afternoon. But you do get a lot in the jar - so it balances out fine. Honestly they're both good, so I switch between the two. I like the Ultima better for frosted shadows b/c the UD makes the finish look weird sometimes, sheer in some spots, heavier in others, I end up looking like I have reptile skin.
redface.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 i was gonna get the ultima II primer, but they only sell it online now, not in jcpenny's
frown.gif
shipping $ is a witch! I got mine at Ulta - do you have one nearby?
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I got mine at Ulta - do you have one nearby?
icon_wink.gif
nope
frown.gif
i'll have to order it on ulta. there's a coupon for $3.50 off or something. there isn't anything else that i want on ulta so the shipping price wouldn't be so bad.

So none of the ladies on this board uses Benefit FY Eye? You all know that I use and love UD PP, but I also use FY Eye and Ulta II Fade not/crease not (and mac paints and LM Eye basics too, while I'm mentioning these things). Anyway, I'm just trying to take a moment to give recognition to FYEye. I think the product is feeling a bit left out and I want it to feel like part of this group (am I corny or what?)
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Seriously though, it is a great product and it gives some of the others a good run for the money. Its one of the few Benefit products that I actually like.
icon_eek.gif

Thanks for the info Janelle. I have bisque from BE and an e/s from Chantecaille I am using as a primer. I don't think bisque is doing a great job because I get crease problem and my e/s dissappears half way later on. The C. e/s is nice but it sits too dark sometimes and the color of the e/s changes. So I haven't decided what I want to try next. If you like BE Bisque, I can send you mine (free), just pm me and let me know. This is why my organizer never overloads
icon_rolleyes.gif
As soon as I have no use for a product, I find a loving place for it
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Hey Lilla! Yeah, I also use Ultima II's "fade not crease not" primer... I like the finish better of the Ultima II - it's a lot smoother and not as chalky as the UD. Sometimes the UD makes my lids look 'loose' & wrinkly - not so w/ the Ultima II - The plus for the UD is that it does keep e/s on a long time. Ultima does as well, but you need to do a second coat to really get lasting power. i would usually apply a light coat... let it set for a few seconds, then apply another. One coat - you might get one crease in the middle by the late afternoon. But you do get a lot in the jar - so it balances out fine. Honestly they're both good, so I switch between the two. I like the Ultima better for frosted shadows b/c the UD makes the finish look weird sometimes, sheer in some spots, heavier in others, I end up looking like I have reptile skin.
redface.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU So none of the ladies on this board uses Benefit FY Eye? You all know that I use and love UD PP, but I also use FY Eye and Ulta II Fade not/crease not (and mac paints and LM Eye basics too, while I'm mentioning these things). Anyway, I'm just trying to take a moment to give recognition to FYEye. I think the product is feeling a bit left out and I want it to feel like part of this group (am I corny or what?)
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Seriously though, it is a great product and it gives some of the others a good run for the money. Its one of the few Benefit products that I actually like.
icon_eek.gif
i don't like Benefit stuff. my freind used to work there, so i would hang out and play with the stuff. i found that it was like chalky/dry for me.

No, I'm not a huge Benefit fan either. That line has only 2 products that I like - FY Eye and She Laq. The rest I can definitely do without. So far, my experience with both have been great!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 i don't like Benefit stuff. my freind used to work there, so i would hang out and play with the stuff. i found that it was like chalky/dry for me.

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU No, I'm not a huge Benefit fan either. That line has only 2 products that I like - FY Eye and She Laq. The rest I can definitely do without. So far, my experience with both have been great!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I used to be a big Benefit fan but they changed their products and now, FY Eye just creases on me. The only product that hasn't changed is Shelaq.

Originally Posted by lilla Thanks for the info Janelle. I have bisque from BE and an e/s from Chantecaille I am using as a primer. I don't think bisque is doing a great job because I get crease problem and my e/s dissappears half way later on. The C. e/s is nice but it sits too dark sometimes and the color of the e/s changes. So I haven't decided what I want to try next. If you like BE Bisque, I can send you mine (free), just pm me and let me know. This is why my organizer never overloads
icon_rolleyes.gif
As soon as I have no use for a product, I find a loving place for it
wink.gif
Aww that's sweet! Thanks! Actually I haven't tried the bisque. I think it's the only thing from BE that I haven't tried yet! LOL It can be used as a concealer as well, right? I think in the book I have of their products they said that you can use it to conceal as well as a primer... but it can't hurt! Thanks so much & I'll pm you - anything you are looking for, just let me know... actually I can send you some of the Ultima II primer if you'd like, and I'll send it with my mom's lotion that she's sending you?
redface.gif

Janelle, thank you. You don't have to send me anything. On the other hand, I do want to try Ultima II so if you don't mind, I appreaciate it. I'll send a small empty jar with your Bisque
wink.gif
And yes, you can use it as a concealer. I think you'll like it. You'll get it on Thursday at the latest.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Aww that's sweet! Thanks! Actually I haven't tried the bisque. I think it's the only thing from BE that I haven't tried yet! LOL It can be used as a concealer as well, right? I think in the book I have of their products they said that you can use it to conceal as well as a primer... but it can't hurt! Thanks so much & I'll pm you - anything you are looking for, just let me know... actually I can send you some of the Ultima II primer if you'd like, and I'll send it with my mom's lotion that she's sending you?
redface.gif

Latest posts

Back