Attn: Kitkat!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ATTN: KITKAT!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

It's very nice to have a user from the United Arab Emirates. Can you tell us about your culture? What is it like? I am interested in this and find it intriguing to learn about other cultures.
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) ATTN: KITKAT!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

It's very nice to have a user from the United Arab Emirates. Can you tell us about your culture? What is it like? I am interested in this and find it intriguing to learn about other cultures.
icon_cool.gif

oh of course it would be my pleasure to do so.....well at the moment i am in the uk with my husband just in case you read my notepad and get confused...the UAE is a country connected to Saudi Arabia for those who dont know, and the capital is abu dhabi, which is where im from...Its a muslim country, but full of different people from all over..many americans, british,indian,pakistani....etc....very modern as well considering we have like 5 big shopping malls in our city with all the famous department stores, and that...you can get everything there....most people have really nice cars..lol...and money....the people of the uae(locals/emaratis) are quite well off as our government takes very good care of us....Our first president died recently,Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, god bless him, and his son is now President....Sheikh Khalifa....eveyone really loved him soo much that they called him BaBa Zayed(father Zayed)...But we believe that his son is a very good ruler as he has learned from a great father and we trust him...our culture is very family orientated, very close....Sometimes sons will get married and live with their wives in the same house as his parents, and so on...the national food is delicious things such as Madrooba(wheat and spicy chicken or meat), Machboos(chicken and rice), and a love for coffee(gahwa)with cardamom and other spices...sweets such as dates is one of our staples...with yougurt is delicious....education is very important to us as well, and there are many good colleges and universites here.....if you like to know more about anything specific just let me know.....
icon_cheesygrin.gif

heres some pics....this is abu dhabi and dubai...there is also a pic of the late president Sheikh Zayed there......sorry i dont have nice ones, these were for photography site....

Hey that info is great! Thanks for posting it up. I love hearing bout other cultures etc....

Plus, now you made me hungry!!!
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by kitakat

oh of course it would be my pleasure to do so.....well at the moment i am in the uk with my husband just in case you read my notepad and get confused...the UAE is a country connected to Saudi Arabia for those who dont know, and the capital is abu dhabi, which is where im from...Its a muslim country, but full of different people from all over..many americans, british,indian,pakistani....etc....very modern as well considering we have like 5 big shopping malls in our city with all the famous department stores, and that...you can get everything there....most people have really nice cars..lol...and money....the people of the uae(locals/emaratis) are quite well off as our government takes very good care of us....Our first president died recently,Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, god bless him, and his son is now President....Sheikh Khalifa....eveyone really loved him soo much that they called him BaBa Zayed(father Zayed)...But we believe that his son is a very good ruler as he has learned from a great father and we trust him...our culture is very family orientated, very close....Sometimes sons will get married and live with their wives in the same house as his parents, and so on...the national food is delicious things such as Madrooba(wheat and spicy chicken or meat), Machboos(chicken and rice), and a love for coffee(gahwa)with cardamom and other spices...sweets such as dates is one of our staples...with yougurt is delicious....education is very important to us as well, and there are many good colleges and universites here.....if you like to know more about anything specific just let me know.....
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I want to go so badly to the Burj al Arab Hotel!!!
icon_cry.gif
Buaah!! Why am I not rich? I shall search for a wealthy man..
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'd love to see that underwater restaurant.. so impressive! I heard that there are plans of making the largest man-built island and also a underwater hotel... I don't know if it's in Dubai though. But still...would love to go there...
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by destiny I want to go so badly to the Burj al Arab Hotel!!!
icon_cry.gif
Buaah!! Why am I not rich? I shall search for a wealthy man..
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'd love to see that underwater restaurant.. so impressive! I heard that there are plans of making the largest man-built island and also a underwater hotel... I don't know if it's in Dubai though. But still...would love to go there...
icon_sad.gif
yeah thats dubai
icon_cheesygrin.gif
theres alot going on right now.....new everything.....never been to the burj al arab myself.....

That's so cool Kitakat! It's amazing how so many places in the world are starting to look so similar once they start bringing in big businesses & buildings... Places that you would imagine as being one way - probably aren't very different from what you're used to... I'd love to see a pic of you! You have such pretty eyes and hair, I'd love to see the whole image of someone of your nationality!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 That's so cool Kitakat! It's amazing how so many places in the world are starting to look so similar once they start bringing in big businesses & buildings... Places that you would imagine as being one way - probably aren't very different from what you're used to... I'd love to see a pic of you! You have such pretty eyes and hair, I'd love to see the whole image of someone of your nationality!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
thanx janelle is it? hope i got that correct.....i did post a pic in the fotd's several days ago, around the 14 of feb i think...if you like to see it...here is another though just in case u dont find it....and also to let you know that i am half american, half emirati(UAE).... but have lived there most of my life.....my husband is from uae as well......my mother is from louisiana...hence the blue eyes, light skin.....lol....yeah its true!!
icon_razz.gif

Oh my, I just love this pic. Your eyes!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by kitakat

thanx janelle is it? hope i got that correct.....i did post a pic in the fotd's several days ago, around the 14 of feb i think...if you like to see it...here is another though just in case u dont find it....and also to let you know that i am half american, half emirati(UAE).... but have lived there most of my life.....my husband is from uae as well......my mother is from louisiana...hence the blue eyes, light skin.....lol....yeah its true!!
icon_razz.gif

AslaMolaikum Kitkat....You look Beautiful...with your eyes especially..
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by kitakat thanx janelle is it? hope i got that correct.....i did post a pic in the fotd's several days ago, around the 14 of feb i think...if you like to see it...here is another though just in case u dont find it....and also to let you know that i am half american, half emirati(UAE).... but have lived there most of my life.....my husband is from uae as well......my mother is from louisiana...hence the blue eyes, light skin.....lol....yeah its true!!
icon_razz.gif

Yea I been to dubai....there nice hotels around...and i would say it's a great place to visit...
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by kitakat yeah thats dubai
icon_cheesygrin.gif
theres alot going on right now.....new everything.....never been to the burj al arab myself.....

Originally Posted by Miranhat AslaMolaikum Kitkat....You look Beautiful...with your eyes especially..
icon_smile.gif
wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu, inti you r muslim? r just saying this?
icon_smile.gif
thank you for your comment, mashallah my eyes are healthy as well.......how did u like dubai? what did you do there?

Originally Posted by Miranhat AslaMolaikum Kitkat....You look Beautiful...with your eyes especially..
icon_smile.gif
Sorry i forgot, also it "asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu" for you to say to me ...just to let you know the correct spelling!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by kitakat Sorry i forgot, also it "asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu" for you to say to me ...just to let you know the correct spelling!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
See i never know i have to say the whole thing....all i had learned....to say is ..."asalaamu alaikum"..But from now on I will say the whole thing thank you for letting me know....
icon_lol.gif
...Yes Am Muslim...from Bangladesh...satying in Florida now.....Do you speak Arabic?? i don't am just curious to know...I want to...though...
Actually to visit mine country we have to fly and stop in dubai to change plane so over 2004 summer time we stayed in Dubai, to c my uncle.......
icon_smile.gif
once again nice to meet with you.....

Thanks for the information! I also enjoy learning about new cultures, and considering that 70% of the students in my department are internationals, I've had a lot of opportunity lately! I have a friend from Turkey that I worked on a few class projects with last semester, and he invited me and my husband to a Turkish dinner during Ramadan -- it was interesting because it was hosted by an organization that brings people of all different religions together to discuss their beliefs, although most of the people were Muslim, Christian, or Jewish. He's also told me about how Turkey is quickly absorbing some of Europe's culture, and some of the people are divided between the "new", more liberal European culture and the traditional, more conservative Muslim culture. Is this happening in a lot of the Middle East, since there are also shopping malls, people from Europe, and other western influences in the UAE?

Originally Posted by Miranhat See i never know i have to say the whole thing....all i had learned....to say is ..."asalaamu alaikum"..But from now on I will say the whole thing thank you for letting me know....
icon_lol.gif
...Yes Am Muslim...from Bangladesh...satying in Florida now.....Do you speak Arabic?? i don't am just curious to know...I want to...though...
Actually to visit mine country we have to fly and stop in dubai to change plane so over 2004 summer time we stayed in Dubai, to c my uncle.......
icon_smile.gif
once again nice to meet with you.....

salaam miranhat, al hamdulilah u r muslim
icon_cheesygrin.gif
,,,,,,,you dont have to say the whole sentence, but saying it does reward you with 30 units of hasanat...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
....And yes i speak arabic, but weirdly enough find it difficult to write on the pc.....
icon_wink.gif
anyway, it was very nice to me you to and learn so much about you and thank you for your comments
icon_razz.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek Thanks for the information! I also enjoy learning about new cultures, and considering that 70% of the students in my department are internationals, I've had a lot of opportunity lately! I have a friend from Turkey that I worked on a few class projects with last semester, and he invited me and my husband to a Turkish dinner during Ramadan -- it was interesting because it was hosted by an organization that brings people of all different religions together to discuss their beliefs, although most of the people were Muslim, Christian, or Jewish. He's also told me about how Turkey is quickly absorbing some of Europe's culture, and some of the people are divided between the "new", more liberal European culture and the traditional, more conservative Muslim culture. Is this happening in a lot of the Middle East, since there are also shopping malls, people from Europe, and other western influences in the UAE? hi there girl geek!!! thanks for replying and taking an interest...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
to tell you the truth westernization(is that how u spell it)
icon_redface.gif
..is becoming a big problem in the UAE....some might say it is not a problem but just change while others think it will ruin the society.....For example there is a law being made that UAE nationals cannot marry other nationalities without permission from the government......there r more reasons for this rule but westernization is one....i could go really deeply into it but i wont......so complicated!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Also all the women look at the western and european women and how they act and dress and they want to be like that, but find it hard to have a balance with that and thier religion and culture....anyway, thanks for ur comments and if you like anything else pls msg me!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back