Attn: Trisha :) - Chantecaille foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Janelle, I was busy all day with my assignments, so couldn't reply earlier. I called Neiman Marcus in Denver and also their customer service with the 800 number today. They all said that since I want minimum coverage, I should get Real Skin Foundation instead of the Future Skin one. I can't get any samples
icon_cry.gif
but since I always used the fairest of all the mineral mu lines, and some of them were still a bit dark for me, she said I should try the lightest color. And if it doesn't work out, I can return it back she said. I didn't have time to make an order today but I will do it hopefully this weekend. If you are close to Barneys NewYork, you can check the colors there. I am pretty sure they carry Cantecaille. Let us know if you get any samples. I would love to hear your review
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Cool! Let us know how you like it !! (If you get it) Also - let us know how close the online swatch is to the IRL color
wink.gif

Trisha, You are welcome x
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha And Lilla ,thanks for saying my skin looks flawless, that means a lot to me! x
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Janelle, I was busy all day with my assignments, so couldn't reply earlier. I called Neiman Marcus in Denver and also their customer service with the 800 number today. They all said that since I want minimum coverage, I should get Real Skin Foundation instead of the Future Skin one. I can't get any samples
icon_cry.gif
but since I always used the fairest of all the mineral mu lines, and some of them were still a bit dark for me, she said I should try the lightest color. And if it doesn't work out, I can return it back she said. I didn't have time to make an order today but I will do it hopefully this weekend. If you are close to Barneys NewYork, you can check the colors there. I am pretty sure they carry Cantecaille. Let us know if you get any samples. I would love to hear your review
wink.gif
Hey Lilla! Hope you like it... unfortunately - everything (good) as far as stores are in the city - little over an hour by train - so I'm not really out there often... but I might order it online from Neiman marcus (plus you get a discount back thru ebates)
wink.gif

Thanks for the ebates reminder Janelle. I totally forgot about that. I will wait until they get my shade in stock and order it than
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Hey Lilla! Hope you like it... unfortunately - everything (good) as far as stores are in the city - little over an hour by train - so I'm not really out there often... but I might order it online from Neiman marcus (plus you get a discount back thru ebates)
wink.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Thanks for the ebates reminder Janelle. I totally forgot about that. I will wait until they get my shade in stock and order it than
icon_cheesygrin.gif
no problem! Let us know how you like it when you get it!
wink.gif

Hey Lilla, What kind of mineral mu do you use? I have bare minerals and I just received PUR minerals. I haven't tried that yet, it just came to me in the mail. Lately I've been wearing liquid foundation with a light layer of the minerals over it. Which I'm sure that your not supposed to but it's working for now. I too have acne scars that I'm trying to hide. I feel I need alot of coverage. I just recently started using proactive. It's been about a month and a half now. It seems to be working. My skin is trying to get used to it, so at the moment its a little dry and flaky. Hence, the liquid foundation, the mineral just seemed to enhance that fact.
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by tylda1969 Hey Lilla, What kind of mineral mu do you use? I have bare minerals and I just received PUR minerals. I haven't tried that yet, it just came to me in the mail. Lately I've been wearing liquid foundation with a light layer of the minerals over it. Which I'm sure that your not supposed to but it's working for now. I too have acne scars that I'm trying to hide. I feel I need alot of coverage. I just recently started using proactive. It's been about a month and a half now. It seems to be working. My skin is trying to get used to it, so at the moment its a little dry and flaky. Hence, the liquid foundation, the mineral just seemed to enhance that fact.
icon_neutral.gif
You might want to try Murad "skin perfecting lotion" - its an oil free moisturizer that I've used w/ my Murad Acne complex kit - but you can purchase seperately... love it - takes care of the drying from acne products and won't cause any more...
wink.gif

I sure will
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 no problem! Let us know how you like it when you get it!
wink.gif

Well, it's 58 dollars for the jar, I am still thinking about it! It looks too creamy for me, I have oily skin, but it says it's a matte finish, so maybe I will give it a whirl. I did also read that it has seaweed in it, isn't that cool? I love seaweed. =)

Originally Posted by Scarlette Well, it's 58 dollars for the jar, I am still thinking about it! It looks too creamy for me, I have oily skin, but it says it's a matte finish, so maybe I will give it a whirl. I did also read that it has seaweed in it, isn't that cool? I love seaweed. =) I know - Can't wait to try it out!
wink.gif

Sorry for the late respond tylda
icon_sad.gif
I have been very busy today and finally got a chance to read my emails....

I use Aromaleigh mineral foundation. You can get samples from aromaleigh.com and go to their board to ask questions. The ladies will help you with coloring. I recently started a sample from Jane Iredale mineral makeup and I like theirs also. You can get the samples for Jane Iredale from skin-etc.com. They are very fast
smile.gif
I have normal to dry skin and I use a good moisturizer and let it soak in before the makeup. Like I said, those two brand mineral foundations are nice but I always have to try a new product just to make sure
wink.gif

I would say get some samples first; if they don't work out, at least you won't worry about getting stuck with something you can't use. I believe both companies don't take the products back... Good luck
smile.gif

Originally Posted by tylda1969 Hey Lilla, What kind of mineral mu do you use? I have bare minerals and I just received PUR minerals. I haven't tried that yet, it just came to me in the mail. Lately I've been wearing liquid foundation with a light layer of the minerals over it. Which I'm sure that your not supposed to but it's working for now. I too have acne scars that I'm trying to hide. I feel I need alot of coverage. I just recently started using proactive. It's been about a month and a half now. It seems to be working. My skin is trying to get used to it, so at the moment its a little dry and flaky. Hence, the liquid foundation, the mineral just seemed to enhance that fact.
icon_neutral.gif

I love seaweed too Scarlette
smile.gif
You should definitely try the Future skin foundation because the beauty advisor from Neiman Marcus told me that it was for oily and combo skin. She also said it was like gel formula and it was great for natural look
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I have to go with the Real skin foundation from the same brand since my skin is normal to dry during summer and dry for the rest of the year
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Scarlette Well, it's 58 dollars for the jar, I am still thinking about it! It looks too creamy for me, I have oily skin, but it says it's a matte finish, so maybe I will give it a whirl. I did also read that it has seaweed in it, isn't that cool? I love seaweed. =)

These posts were from a year ago but no one ever said how they liked it after they got it??? I was curious about this foundation.

I want to try some but the problem is which color to get? The closest city that I am sure would have some is 2.5 hours away...arg. Anyway, I have light skin but all the color swatches I saw online at NM were pretty light so I have not a clue which one to get.

And how do you all put this on? Sponge, fingers?

Originally Posted by Trisha mine is now lasting me 4-6 months (ive used less as my skin has improved)! i think its great for any age & skintype! Sounds nice. Is this something else we all have to go to London to try Trisha? Or do they have counters around here too? Finding a good tinted moisturiser and HG foundation is my next mission
smile.gif

Also, does anyone know the difference between Real Skin and Future Skin? And how would you choose which one to try?

Originally Posted by Trisha Ley, you can get it in Harvey Nics in the mailbox!
We;ll have to meet up to go shopping one time! x

Yep!
smilehappyyes.gif
smilehappyyes.gif
smilehappyyes.gif

Back