Aubrey Nicole-oily skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been wearing my AN foundation samples in full coverage and the oil control powder for the last 5 days. This stuff rocks. By wearing both (oil control powder as primer) my foundation has stayed on all day and provided the perfect finish. AN doesn't feel like I'm wearing a full coverage foundation at all. Yay!!

And I want to thank katnahat for her helpful posts that encouraged me to try this foundation.

One thing I wanted to ask. Does AN have frequent codes/specials such as free shipping?? I know now there is a code for 15% off until the end of August.

Glad you are so happy with it. I ordered from there and all the colors were too light for me. I may try again because I have a super oily tzone.

I have AN full coverage samles in my drawer, haven't tried them yet while the problem is that AN in neutral is to yellow for me. I liked their standard formula, but I hated looking so yellow on the face.

If AN foundation in full coverage will stay all day, than I will have a problem
smile.gif
I really want to stop sampling, and buy full sizes. Maybe I just could mix some of their foundations to get the proper color ???

I use and love Aubrey Nicole mmu. It's one of the three that I switch off from - only because I'm fickle and like to switch mmu. For me, it depends on how I feel that day. Aubrey Nicole does rock. I have it in both coverages - the soft and the full. I can't say I like one over the other except for the fact that it takes less time for me to achieve the amount of coverage I like with the full. She has a terrific product - and the brushes are of the best I've ever used and owned! I can't say enough about them.

She does run sales from time to time and most often than not there's one running at any given time. You just have to keep your eyes peeled for them and check here on this site often. If I come across a mmu discount code, I'm happy to post them here to all of ya's!

CooCoo
sheep.gif

P.S. - the other 2 mineral makeup that I switch to and from are Oceanmist and Everyday Minerals. I love them all - and they work for me, definitely proving that variety is the spice of life!

I think that AN usually has some sort of special running, either free shipping or a percentage off. Make sure that you sign up for their newsletter because the last free shipping offer was only advertised in the newsletter and then by word of mouth - otherwise I think they list their coupon codes on their home page.

Originally Posted by togal /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've been wearing my AN foundation samples in full coverage and the oil control powder for the last 5 days. This stuff rocks. By wearing both (oil control powder as primer) my foundation has stayed on all day and provided the perfect finish. AN doesn't feel like I'm wearing a full coverage foundation at all. Yay!!
And I want to thank katnahat for her helpful posts that encouraged me to try this foundation.

One thing I wanted to ask. Does AN have frequent codes/specials such as free shipping?? I know now there is a code for 15% off until the end of August.

You're very welcome! I'm so glad I could help.
smile.gif

AN does rock! I use the Rice Powder, Full Coverage Foundation and Beige Glow Finishing Powder. Those products work together perfectly to control oil and give an awesome finish.

The everyday and limited time public codes will post on the front page of the AN website. There are "special" codes that are only posted to newsletter subscribers. AN newsletter subscribers usually post the "secret" codes right here in the MMU forum.

I'm glad AN worked for you! Enjoy!!!

Thanks ladies for your advice. I love this forum because you are all so helpful.

I too rotate between several MMU just because I get bored. Before I tried AN, Pureluxe and Fyrinnae were my HGs. Both have med to heavy coverage but with Fyrinnae I can feel it on my face. I also find that sometimes the PL and Fyrinnae gets a little darker (oxidation?) later in the day. But with the AN it stays true right till the end when I take it off. Gosh I love this stuff.

Originally Posted by agatapas /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have AN full coverage samles in my drawer, haven't tried them yet while the problem is that AN in neutral is to yellow for me. I liked their standard formula, but I hated looking so yellow on the face.
If AN foundation in full coverage will stay all day, than I will have a problem
smile.gif
I really want to stop sampling, and buy full sizes. Maybe I just could mix some of their foundations to get the proper color ???

Your neutral foundation is too yellow? Could you post a picture of it? The reason I ask is, I wear the Light Neutral and I don't see any yellow. I know neutral is a combination of undertones, but I see it as a "beige" shade, for lack of a better term. I've tried the warms in a couple companies and I couldn't wear them because they were too yellow.
I was just wondering if you received a mislabeled jar? I could be totally wrong or I just don't SEE the yellow in my jar of MMU. I thought I would bring it up. Please ignore me if this doesn't make sense.
smile.gif

Katnahat unfortunately I used my whole sample of light medium neutral foundation, but I still have nutral in medium, I'll try to make a photo so you could compare the shades with warm, and golden (those are also the ones I ordered).

For me they do not differ much. My complexion is neutral, but has stronger golden undertones. So I look good in anything that is beige, with a slight golden shade.

I wrote an e-mail to Aubrey and she suggested that maybe I should try her olive foundations and I totally agree with her, maybe this will be a solution.

They have really good customer service. I also want to buy samples of their color correctors, to mix them with my foundation. She also think it may be a good idea.

Maybe AN changed something in the shades lately, while I do not think my sample was mislabeled, wile with my first order I ordered only light medium foundations and they seemed too yellow. And the medium foundations came with the second order, so there is not much big chance for mislabeling.

Originally Posted by agatapas /img/forum/go_quote.gif Katnahat unfortunately I used my whole sample of light medium neutral foundation, but I still have nutral in medium, I'll try to make a photo so you could compare the shades with warm, and golden (those are also the ones I ordered).
For me they do not differ much. My complexion is neutral, but has stronger golden undertones. So I look good in anything that is beige, with a slight golden shade.

I wrote an e-mail to Aubrey and she suggested that maybe I should try her olive foundations and I totally agree with her, maybe this will be a solution.

They have really good customer service. I also want to buy samples of their color correctors, to mix them with my foundation. She also think it may be a good idea.

Maybe AN changed something in the shades lately, while I do not think my sample was mislabeled, wile with my first order I ordered only light medium foundations and they seemed too yellow. And the medium foundations came with the second order, so there is not much big chance for mislabeling.

Ah-ha, I understand. Maybe I just don't notice the yellow because it matches my skin perfectly. I just don't see myself with yellow undertones. I have Cherokee Indian in my bloodline so I have a reddish/beige undertone. Well, that's what my skin looks like to me anyway.
laughing.gif

AN's Light Neutral Full Coverage is an exact match for me. I'm so glad I was able to find a match with AN.

Try the olive shade it may be the one! I know when I first started sampling I got a few wrong colors. I kept trying warms (I wore that in liquid) and they were AWFUL looking on me.

I'm using a sample of AN's Champagne Corrector now. I really like the finish I get with it. I brush it on after Rice Powder, Foundation and Beige Glow. I don't exactly know what it does but I can tell my skin looks better with it than without.
biggrin.gif

Good luck with your new samples!!
smile.gif

I just received my AN samples, and I have to agree that the Neutral in AN is not as 'neutral' as in Lumiere or Meow. I haven't wear it though, just by looking at jars. I think my complexion is similar with you agatapas! And I do have sample in Olive, will try it soon
smile.gif

Averysmom, what blush are you using in your avatar? It's so lovely!

Latest posts

Back