August sucks!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i don't know about the rest of you, but this month has been horrible as far as business goes. i work in a restaurant that gets very busy and so far, THIS WEEK, i've had a total of about 8 tables. THIS WEEK AND I'VE BEEN WORKING SINCE MONDAY!!! thank god for my personality and good tippers loving it, it really works out
tongue.gif

my friends who work at restaurants said the same, as well as just regular retail stores.

anyone else experiencing this?

awww. that sucks. i guess people are vacationing before school starts.

That and people probably can't afford to drive AND go out to eat due to the hellish gas prices!

Its the opposite here.. we're really busy in work. Although i did go out for lunch today and the restaurant was much quieter compared to a usual wednesday!

Originally Posted by Liz awww. that sucks. i guess people are vacationing before school starts. probably. that's what i thought.

Originally Posted by tashbash That and people probably can't afford to drive AND go out to eat due to the hellish gas prices! i didn't even think about that!! i think it started before the prices went up, though. it's been about 2-3 weeks.

Originally Posted by Laura Its the opposite here.. we're really busy in work. Although i did go out for lunch today and the restaurant was much quieter compared to a usual wednesday! what do you do, if you don't mind me asking? i could see how some jobs could be opposite!

i know i definitely haven't been out to restaurants like i used to... but that's because of $$... but i do agree that August has been sucking majorly this year...

NO and thank God! We own a restaurant and it's been unbelievably busy this whole summer. (due to the hot weather of course) The restaurant is on Lake St. Clair in Michigan so it is a hot spot with all the boaters especially.

Originally Posted by Jennifer i don't know about the rest of you, but this month has been horrible as far as business goes. i work in a restaurant that gets very busy and so far, THIS WEEK, i've had a total of about 8 tables. THIS WEEK AND I'VE BEEN WORKING SINCE MONDAY!!! thank god for my personality and good tippers loving it, it really works out
tongue.gif

my friends who work at restaurants said the same, as well as just regular retail stores.

Originally Posted by elljmz NO and thank God! We own a restaurant and it's been unbelievably busy this whole summer. (due to the hot weather of course) The restaurant is on Lake St. Clair in Michigan so it is a hot spot with all the boaters especially. good for you
smile.gif

the restaurant i work at is nowhere near beaches, pools, etc., so maybe that's why, too.

Jen, August tends to be a slow month everywhere. People are off taking up what's left of their vacation time, hitting the beaches, pools, parks, anything outdoors, so things slow down. Even at our job site, we have been able to work more due to the fact that there are less people wandering around the building. Don't worry it'll pick up right after Labor Day when everyone's back to work & school.

Originally Posted by Jennifer i don't know about the rest of you, but this month has been horrible as far as business goes. i work in a restaurant that gets very busy and so far, THIS WEEK, i've had a total of about 8 tables. THIS WEEK AND I'VE BEEN WORKING SINCE MONDAY!!! thank god for my personality and good tippers loving it, it really works out
tongue.gif

AWWW!!!

I'm sure it will pick up

you know in some places

it is AWfully hot

and some peeps just want to

stay in

but like i said in SOME PLACES lol

because it is so hott here in memphis

i do not come out UNLESS ...

but hang in there

im sure you do an AWESOME JOB

It's been crazy for me at work. I dunno, was Monday a holiday I wasn't aware of? It felt like Saturday afternoon at our counter! I don't know where everyone came from, 'cause Mondays are usually quiet!

What I'm depressed about is that we're halfway through August and I haven't been to the damn beach all summer! Isn't that tragic???

OMG Joy, how are you coping? I would never be able to. I'm a beach lover and need to see, feel, smell, jump into the ocean and lay on the beach as much as possible. That's so sad to hear. Summer isn't over yet, maybe you can still squeeze in a day or two in the coming weeks.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux It's been crazy for me at work. I dunno, was Monday a holiday I wasn't aware of? It felt like Saturday afternoon at our counter! I don't know where everyone came from, 'cause Mondays are usually quiet!
What I'm depressed about is that we're halfway through August and I haven't been to the damn beach all summer! Isn't that tragic???

GURL DONT BE DEPRESSED

LOLJUST CHILL OUT SOMEWHERE ELSE WHERE ITS COOL

LIKE UNDER THE AIR CONDITION

LOL

THATS WHAT IM DOING RIGHT NOW

ITS SO HOTTT!!!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux It's been crazy for me at work. I dunno, was Monday a holiday I wasn't aware of? It felt like Saturday afternoon at our counter! I don't know where everyone came from, 'cause Mondays are usually quiet!

me neither!! not even the pool or even a park!

Originally Posted by Sofia OMG Joy, how are you coping? I would never be able to. I'm a beach lover and need to see, feel, smell, jump into the ocean and lay on the beach as much as possible. That's so sad to hear. Summer isn't over yet, maybe you can still squeeze in a day or two in the coming weeks. lol, yea, I'm coping. I still have time! Must make time!

Originally Posted by Jennifer what do you do, if you don't mind me asking? i could see how some jobs could be opposite! Not telling you..

JOKE! I work in an IT company Jen but i dont have one specific role because its a small company. I do some accounts, some marketing & sales, customer service, reception, updating clients websites

Its still as busy here in Scotland but probably there are still a lots of tourists (yes there is) here in Edinburgh,.i will be glad when the town calms down a bit.

Latest posts

Back