Authentic or fake??? Need you help asap!!!! PLEASE!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!

I will bid on a Vuitton wallet on ebay! Although the seller promises that it is 100% authentic I am very careful!

I hope so much that anyone from you can help me! The auction will end in nearly 2 hours!

the louis vuitton print inside the wallet where it says where it is made looks crooked

I thank you! I just hoped this is a authentic wallet as I definetely want to own the it in pink cherry blossom! But if you say it looks not that real I will forget it!

I don´t know if I am allowed to post the auction number here?! It is the 5414326792! The seller swears that is absolutely authentic! But I am wondering why he doesn´t show the serial number or nearer pictures! Also his feddback rate is very low!

He is selling a bag in another auction.. seems to be too cheap to be a real bag, but I don´t know!

So you know where I culd get REAL pictures of "my" wallet I like to have? On the real Vuitton site I couldn´t find the Pink cherry blossom collection!
icon_sad.gif

Do you know how much it would cost in a store?

Thx for your big help!

Trisha: Don´t know what it costs in store but on ebay it stand on about 70,00 $ or something! I guess this deal would be too good for an auth!

Hi Sabrina,

If you really want authentic designer bags, I would stay away from Ebay, as there are tons of crooks out there who would state the bags are real when they are not. You do pay a lot more in boutiques, but you're guaranteed the authenticity and quality (which is what you are essentially paying for, aside from the brand name
wink.gif
) IMO, they are worth it as they last forever.

You are right! I guess it is just a dream to own my own Vuitton wallet. I saw some real authentic ones on ebay (proofed sellers by My Poupette.com) and they cost about 800 Dollars!
icon_cry.gif

I need a long time to save this money!

Liz, I knwo the site "mypoupette.com" but there isn´t a wallet in the cherry blossom style so that I can do a comparison! But I will take the time to read all the given advices !

One way to see if its authentic is to check feedback. This person only has a 5 so I would trust it.

Originally Posted by Liz http://www.mypoupette.com/
it tells you about fakes/real bags. it's like science when trying to distinguish real bags. they're EVERYWHERE!!! pisses me off since mine is real.

Ooooh! I need to check this link out. I've always been weary of buying on Ebay. Sometimes it's nervewracking if their feedback is too low and sometimes it's weary if its too high.
This person has been a seller for a few years. He/she may not be in the business of hocking fakes. As far as suspicion goes, I wouldn't be. As far as the purse itself....check that site out. See what it says.

you can't really trust feedback either, because people who buy stuff have no clue that there are fakes. or what LV really is. they just see it arond a lot and think that's what is "in"

Liz, I guess you are so right! I skipped the auction! I looked at the feedback ratings and it doesn´t look like a confidentel seller!

Anyway, Thx for your help! If I hadn´t ask you I had make a big mistake with buying an fake wallet!!!!!

BIG KISSES FOR YOU ALL ! !
claps.gif

I'm glad you passed on it, it's definitely a fake...you can see the stitching is off on the wallet itself and I don't recall a wallet like that ever being sold, I could be wrong. LV wallets usually go for $600USD or less and there are several shops in Germany...you should go check one out. If you really want an authentic one that badly, I'm sure you can find a small one for around $200USD or so.

I guess you get what you pay for... I could see that a fake probably wouldn't hold up the way a real one would, but with me personally, I'd probably be tired of it by then anyway... and if you're just interested in it for the style or the look - then does it really matter if the stiching is off by one count? lol I dunno - I don't think I could spend hundreds of dollars on a wallet. Especially if it will be shoved in & out of my bag a million times and very rarely would anyone be so close to inspect every little seam to say its a fake. lol
wink.gif
But I dunno - I guess I'm just not into high fashion...
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine LOL! That's a great way of putting it! just my opinion
wink.gif
lol I'd rather spend that $ on something I'd use everyday that I'd the $'s worth out of... like a car, a computer, a camera, etc... I can't see spending that much for 2 letters (LV lol) on a wallet or a bag. I mean you're only paying for the name... a $50 wallet would probably serve the same purpose as an $800 one. And if the cheaper one is good enough that people would think it's real... then who cares? lol Plus, if it was ever lost or stolen, or you just got sick of looking at it - you won't be heartbroken about losing the whole nest egg on it.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 just my opinion
wink.gif
lol I'd rather spend that $ on something I'd use everyday that I'd the $'s worth out of... like a car, a computer, a camera, etc... I can't see spending that much for 2 letters (LV lol) on a wallet or a bag. I mean you're only paying for the name... a $50 wallet would probably serve the same purpose as an $800 one. And if the cheaper one is good enough that people would think it's real... then who cares? lol Plus, if it was ever lost or stolen, or you just got sick of looking at it - you won't be heartbroken about losing the whole nest egg on it.
wink.gif
I agree with this line of thought...If you cant readaly tell the diffrence and the price is right...then you made a good deal

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 just my opinion
wink.gif
wink.gif
Actually, it's not just the look of the stitching, but the quality...The real ones just last longer and can take a beating. I've seen people who spend $100 or more on a fake and it fell apart in a couple months. I have one that's almost 10 years old and I use it when I travel, so it's gotten a helluva lot of wear and tear, and it's still holding up strong. The thing about spending that much money on a purse or a wallet is that brands like LV use a lot of materials and patterns that will still be in style 10 years from now. Yeah, some of it is trendy, but those are the ones you stay away from spending crazy money on if you can't afford it. Ok, so I'm a designer whore and alot of you will disagree.
icon_twisted.gif

Exactly Paula!
wink.gif
And nowadays - EVERYONE has these name brand things... so how do you know who's is real? whos is a fake? Do you assume it's a fake? How do you know? lol so what I'm getting at is - why spend $800, when someone can spend $50 - and both will proabably be assumed as fakes anyway lol
wink.gif
Might as well keep the cash! lol

And I heard that about Oprah too... as well as a few other stars. It's kinda smart actually... I mean just because you're rich and CAN afford the real stuff, what if you want to keep your millions and just spend a few on things that look just as good? If you are that high profile, everyone will assume it's real anyway - just b/c you're rich and can pay for it.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by envymi Actually, it's not just the look of the stitching, but the quality...The real ones just last longer and can take a beating. I've seen people who spend $100 or more on a fake and it fell apart in a couple months. I have one that's almost 10 years old and I use it when I travel, so it's gotten a helluva lot of wear and tear, and it's still holding up strong. The thing about spending that much money on a purse or a wallet is that brands like LV use a lot of materials and patterns that will still be in style 10 years from now. Yeah, some of it is trendy, but those are the ones you stay away from spending crazy money on if you can't afford it. Ok, so I'm a designer whore and alot of you will disagree.
icon_twisted.gif
If that's your thing... go for it!
smile.gif
Personally - I don't like LV's - they are either too drab, or way too wacky & remind me of something you'd see a 5 year old have. (no offense!!!
icon_redface.gif
) But I mean, if you are planning on using something a lot, and for a long time, then yes, I can see your point - but if it's just to make a fashion statement until the next craze hits... I wouldn't spend that much on it. Fads come and go - and by the time it takes some people to save up the $ and buy it... it could be "out' by then...
icon_wink.gif

Janelle, I have to completely agree with you. I could care less how much my wallet costs or who makes it as long as I like it. I will probably want another one soon anyway. I couldnt justify spending much on one when I always want a new one every 6-12 months anyway. But hey, everyone chooses to spend on different things.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

yeah, i love my LV bag and wallet. in my opinion, LV is classic. they might be "tired" right now, but when the whole trend is over, it'll still be a classic.

Latest posts

Back