Aveda

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just have to say that I love Aveda products. I have my hair colored with their line of hair colors and my hair looks great. I love that the color does not fade much at all. so much unlike a lot of others. If you are shelling out all that dough you want it to last you know? I also love their shampoo, conditioner, and styling line. It has a different earthy kind of smell. I like it. What does everyone think?

Love Aveda! They have a men's line that is awsome. I sometimes use my hubby's Aveda men's styling products cause they work so well.

Never tried the men's stuff. Maby i'll have to buy some "for my husband" and check it out. Thanks for the info.

When I've had my hair highlighted and they've used Aveda products, it's turned out the best and lasted the longest. My hair comes out all shiny looking. Sigh... too bad it costs $120 bucks to take that trip!

I agree with you 159.8% that Aveda hair color is THE DEFINITIVE BEST. I need to rob a store before I go next time though.

mousebandit.jpg
<--- Californian with a bag full of . I'm good to go!!

Thanks for the info! I've been wanting to try Aveda products. Gotta take a trip to their store now.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Thanks for the info! I've been wanting to try Aveda products. Gotta take a trip to their store now. There's an Aveda store at SCP
smile.gif
Last time I was there, the sales guy was nice, but super hyper!I like some Aveda products better than others--the Rosemary Mint shampoo smells great! I haven't been as impressed with their styling products though, nothing really seems to get rid of the frizzies on top of my head.

I don't color my hair, but I get it cut at an Aveda salon. There are like 4 Aveda hair salons I can walk to!

FYI Littleweirdo,

John Fieda's Flawless Finishing Creme works great on frizzies if you're in the market. I have the same problem with flyaways till I use this after shampooing.

It's only $3-$4 or so. Might as well try it!

mutbanner5.gif

Originally Posted by shoediva What is SCP??? SCP= South Coast Plaza in Southern California, I think. Sounds like she knows her shopping!

mutbanner32.gif

Originally Posted by Californian FYI Littleweirdo,
John Fieda's Flawless Finishing Creme works great on frizzies if you're in the market. I have the same problem with flyaways till I use this after shampooing.

It's only $3-$4 or so. Might as well try it!

mutbanner5.gif

Thanks for the info! I'll put this on my list of things to try!I especially have trouble with frizzies and flyaways around my part--where the new hair starts growing. So not sure if anything willl totally get rid of them. But can't hurt to try!

Originally Posted by Californian SCP= South Coast Plaza in Southern California, I think. Sounds like she knows her shopping!

mutbanner32.gif

Yep, SCP is South Coast Plaza. Sorry for not writing that out! I know a few people on here are from Orange County and shop at this mall. Most of the clothing stores are too expensive for me, but it's a great place for makeup shopping! In addition to the regular counters at Nordstrom and Macy's, there is a Sephora, MAC free-standing store, and Stila pro
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by shoediva thanks for the clarification Cali! I only know East Coast LOL Your East coast shopping puts us Westies to shame! But .. we got ya beat with the weather. Wait, this isn't a competition. Sorry. Hahaha
newdog2.gif

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo Thanks for the info! I'll put this on my list of things to try!I especially have trouble with frizzies and flyaways around my part--where the new hair starts growing. So not sure if anything willl totally get rid of them. But can't hurt to try!

Ok Littleweirdo, if the frizzies are seriously stubborn, my best recommendation would be a product by L'Oreal called
newstar.gif
"Mega Slick Moisturizing Pomade."
It does serious karate on those hairs by the part that want to rebel. You only need a tiny tiny tiny tiny bit. I'm talking lightly rub your finger across the top of the product, then rub hands together, and wa-la.
The label says, "Shines and Defines. Controls Fly-Aways and Smoothes Split Ends, contains almond and mango oils and herbal extracts."

I got mine at Sally's for $5.00. It will last foever. It smells good too.

The best I've found.
newstar.gif
newstar.gif
newstar.gif
newstar.gif

I tried the new Aveda Hair spray and I couldn't stand the smell so I took it back plus it didn't give me the hold I was looking for. I should have known better since nothing can beat my ultimate favorite hairspray Matrix Vavoom.

Originally Posted by Calypso412 Is it hard to get a hold of their products? It shouldn't be unless you live outside of the U.S. ..... ?

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I tried the new Aveda Hair spray and I couldn't stand the smell so I took it back plus it didn't give me the hold I was looking for. I should have known better since nothing can beat my ultimate favorite hairspray Matrix Vavoom. LOL, yeah sometimes their products do smell funny but they are all natural so no fancy perfumes

Originally Posted by SmartStyle437 LOL, yeah sometimes their products do smell funny but they are all natural so no fancy perfumes Sally's Beauty Supply sells a mock Aveda product, but so far I am not impressed with it. It's called "Aura" and it's just ok.

Latest posts

Back