Avon product

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. Be more specific. I think they have nice mineral collection but other than that, I'm not a fan. 

I actually tend to like avon's eyeshadows. I bought a set of shimmer eyeshadows a couple years ago, and the colors are really unique, but compliment me well! They weren't as saturated as mac eyeshaows can be but they weren't faint. :)

They can be hit or miss, so check out reviews on the products you are thinking about buying. I've heard good things about the eyeliners and want to try those. I've also heard good things about the mark brand associated with Avon. I haven't bought any Avon in years except a few nail polishes a couple years ago. They dry too fast! Usually that shouldn't be a complaint, but they are drying when I am trying to finish the first coat, so you gotta work super fast and carefully. Hard to do both at the same time.

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They can be hit or miss, so check out reviews on the products you are thinking about buying.

I agree with Donna!  Check out reviews - I tend not buy their makeup unless it's raved about (which is rare).  HOWEVER, its a great for starter makeup since occasionally they have good deals.

Also, I do not like their MARK brand.  I sold Avon when Mark first came out and I was highly disappointed in their staying power.  None. 

The formulation may have changed since then, but I wont bother testing it since there are so many other companies out there that I use for longevity.

I'm not happy with most of the AVON stuff I've tried, but there are gems to be found just like in every brand. I like their liners (especially the supershock gel liner) and the mascaras, but I don't like the shadows. I haven't tried any foundation in ages, and I'm not really inclined to buy one. It's not that I think it would be bad, it's just that there are so many other more appealing options, even at the same price range.

I like their cream eyeshadows a lot and their lipglosses and creams are awesome but other than that I have not tried much stuff from them.

Yes, I would recommend Avon products, especially the Anew and Skin So Soft products. The facial hair removal is very good. There Nail polish is also great. 

I used to love Avon but every time I fell in love with a specific product it got discontinued. I think their lip gloss is good other than that I have stayed away from their product.

Latest posts

Back