Awesome new buys!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was at Target tonight, browsing the makeup aisles...I knew I wanted a new mascara, so that was mainly what I was looking at, but toward the end, I was looking at random stuff and ended up in the Almay section...and boy was I shocked!! They finally have a shade for dark(er) skin!! (This is a new product, and is the FIRST Almay foundation to come in a shade darker than a medium).

So, these are the 2 things I got:

Maybelline Volum' Express Mega Plush

And

Almay Smart Shade Mousse Makeup

Both of these products are AWESOME!!

The mascara really makes my eyelashes pop (I like to accentuate them since I already have naturally very long, thick, black, curly eyelashes that make people think I'm wearing mascara even when I'm not), but it's not gloopy or really unnatural looking like some mascaras are.

And the foundation? I got it in Medium/Deep (the darkest shade) because it looked like it could actually be dark enough (for reference, in Revlon Colorstay I wear 400 Caramel, in Maybelline Fit Me I wear 350 Caramel and in Estee Lauder Double Wear I wear 5N2 Amber Honey)...so when I got home, I tried it out (awesome I didn't wear makeup today! lol). It's super sweet! It has a really nice, creamy, smooth texture, and it really does adjust to fit your skin tone! It has decent, albeit fairly light coverage as well. I don't know the staying power yet since I just got it, but I'm definitely going to test it out! It is expensive though...about $12, and it's only 0.7 fl oz. But I do like it a lot because it feels really light on.

If you are looking for a new mascara or foundation, or are just a product junkie like me, I definitely suggest trying these products out!

Sounds like you had a nice time and landed yourself some juicy products.
claps.gif

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How's the mega plush working out for ya? I've been wanting to try it out for a while
I love it! It's seriously my favorite mascara! Even though it does make my lashes look HUGE, it looks fairly natural unlike a lot of mascara.

I would say yes, but I'm not sure it's really a ton...since my eyelashes are already so naturally thick, long, curly and black, that's sort of hard for me to tell.

Haha, you're fine!

It clumps very little, and wears very comfortably and doesn't flake much (and that's coming from someone who tends to rub makeup off inadvertently)!!

Oh I do that all the time lol! I might have to convince the bf to let me buy it XD I have like 15ish mascaras now lol

The one that is not waterproof smudges on the lower lash line over the course of the day, leaving a shadow.  Other than that I like the MegaPlush.  I bought the waterproof, but I have so many mascaras that I haven't opened it yet.

Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The one that is not waterproof smudges on the lower lash line over the course of the day, leaving a shadow.  Other than that I like the MegaPlush.  I bought the waterproof, but I have so many mascaras that I haven't opened it yet.
I haven't noticed that at all. But then again, I NEVER wear waterproof mascara. It always feels too thick and goopy to me.

Latest posts

Back