B&B product/fragrance layering

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
do you have any products that you like to layer, either to enhance the staying power of one scent, or to create a "scent story?" do you mix and match perfumes and wear more than one at once to create a signature scent? i often mix stella by stella mccartney with fresh marine currant. they compliment each other very well. if im wearing l'artisan patchouli patch, ill wash my hair with lush sylvia stout shampoo. the only fragrance layering of the same scent that i do is to use jo malone lime basil mandarin shampoo and conditioner when i wear the EDT.

Originally Posted by haloinrverse do you have any products that you like to layer, either to enhance the staying power of one scent, or to create a "scent story?" do you mix and match perfumes and wear more than one at once to create a signature scent? i often mix stella by stella mccartney with fresh marine currant. they compliment each other very well. if im wearing l'artisan patchouli patch, ill wash my hair with lush sylvia stout shampoo. the only fragrance layering of the same scent that i do is to use jo malone lime basil mandarin shampoo and conditioner when i wear the EDT. I've dabbled but still haven't found any 2 scents that go together..Especially with my chemistry..I can turn holy water into Toxic waste

"The power of Christ compells you! The power of Christ compells you!"

-The Exorcist

Originally Posted by allisong I've dabbled but still haven't found any 2 scents that go together..Especially with my chemistry..I can turn holy water into Toxic waste

I love Jo Malone Orange Blosson body creme and cologne paired with Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger. I also like the Orange Blossom with Laura Mercier L'Heure Magique. Others: Angel body cream paired with Trish McEvoy #9 Blackberry Musk L'Artisan The Pour un Ete paired with L'Artisan La Chasse Aux Papillons, or The Pour un Ete paired with any gardenia scent.

kitty, how is the JM orange blossom? ive been meaning to try it. does it really, truly smell like orange blossoms? when i was little, we had an orange tree in the backyard, and id love to find a blossom scent that reminds me of it and is very true. jovan or calgon or somebody has an orange blossom scent, and it was uniquely foul. i had heard good things about it, so i got really excited, and it was a complete dud.

Very, very similar. This smells natural and not synthetic. A huge difference than the jovan and calgon versions! I love the scent of orange blossoms and since living in Florida I get a chance to smell them often. I discovered the JM scent back in May when my mom was coming down from PA. I was shopping for something to give her and enjoy while she was here, and the sales associate suggested Jo Malone. The first one opened was Orange Blossom and it was like breathing in creamy white sunshine. Since my mom is a gardener, I knew right away she would like this. And she did! The downside to JM is that her products are of cologne weight and usually not noticed by other people. I have to wear this with other fragrances to give it some durability. But I love wearing it on it's own when I take my evening bath. It's sooo relaxing!

Originally Posted by haloinrverse kitty, how is the JM orange blossom? ive been meaning to try it. does it really, truly smell like orange blossoms? when i was little, we had an orange tree in the backyard, and id love to find a blossom scent that reminds me of it and is very true. jovan or calgon or somebody has an orange blossom scent, and it was uniquely foul. i had heard good things about it, so i got really excited, and it was a complete dud.

thanks for the info! i think this is going to be one of my next fragrance purchases. i have two JM fragrances (lime basil mandarin and black cafe vetyver) and theyre good and strong and last as long as any other EDT on me. i hope orange blossom isnt too light.
frown.gif
it shouldnt be for the price!

i just ordered a full sized bottle of l'artisan dzing! and im really excited about it. ive been using decants of it until now.

I've received a sample of Lime Basil Mandarin, and it lasts longer and has a stronger bouf than the Orange Blossom. Orange Blossom doesn't have meaty base notes to keep it alive on the skin. Big ol' fyi!

Its a silly word I picked up from Tom Robbins' Jitterbug Perfume. It's one of my favorite books BTW, and it's about the quest for eternal life, perfume, obscure gods, sex and...well, read the book.
biggrin.gif

ahhh, ok. i myself sometimes say buf (pronounced boof) but its short some something entirely too naughty. first word bu..... second word fu..... anyways. lol.

Latest posts

Back