Baby oil vs. Eyes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is MOST LIKELY in the wrong place, but i'll give it a shot anyway :]

So, I use baby oil to take off my makeup, right? The gel form, if that makes a difference. But I remember hearing (don't remember from where) that it's really dangerous if it gets into the eyes - as in, it travels to the back of your eyeball and does some bad stuff to your vision there. Does this have any truth to it?

NP! I prefer Clinique Take The Day Off for eye MU remover, and Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover is a second fave.

i've never used baby oil but I've used vaseline to take eye makeup off and it works fine.

i've used baby oil. ive never heard of anything bad like that before. and my friends mom is a nurse too.

Originally Posted by YourOneAndOnly /img/forum/go_quote.gif wow, i would never put any of that stuff near my eyes. My eyesight is way too important. So it is a bad thing?

i've read a comment here saying it's the petroleum in the baby oil that's causing the damage. i've found also this link that says baby oil shouldn't be used on the face as it can clog pores.

personally, i have never used baby oil. i have tried warm water+sweet almond oil on a cotton pad before, it works great to remove any eyemakeup.

check also that thread on specktra.

I've used baby oil once, but it got in my eyes and didn't feel too good, so now I use l'oreal's eye makeup remover.

your best bet is to stick with something that is labeled "safe for the eyes" . I am in the ophthalmolic industry and the eye should not be messed with.

Originally Posted by xJula /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is MOST LIKELY in the wrong place, but i'll give it a shot anyway :]So, I use baby oil to take off my makeup, right? The gel form, if that makes a difference. But I remember hearing (don't remember from where) that it's really dangerous if it gets into the eyes - as in, it travels to the back of your eyeball and does some bad stuff to your vision there. Does this have any truth to it?

In no way shape or form would I condone using any type of baby oil on the face at all... It can negatively affect your eyes over time, and also do you really want to put something that is petroleum based on your eyes or face for that matter? So baby oil is out and so is Vaseline, PLEASE!!

It is so much easier and cleaner to use an actual makeup remover instead of an oil not meant for the face, I don't understand why someone wouldn't just buy that product instead.

Use something that removes waterproof makeup instead of baby oil like MAC Gently Off eye and lip or Cleanse Off Oil (my personal fave).

I’ve used baby oil before and don’t like the residue it leaves behind. Gold Cream works very well but I do prefer using a true makeup remover. I’ve tried a couple of different brands and think I like the Mary Kay the best so far.

I've heard of people using No More Tears Baby Shampoo to take off eye make-up. I mean if it wont hurt baby eyes, it's gotta be okay.

I just use EVOO. It won't kill you if you eat it, so you can probably be sure it's safe to put on your face. LOL

Back in the day, baby oil was THE thing to use for removing make up (this was back when it was THE thing to use for tanning, so this should give you a clue how long ago it was, lol!!); my eye doctor told me to not use baby oil because it can get in the tear ducts and clog them leading to drainage issues and possible infections, so I haven't used it since.

I just don't wear waterproof make up so the stuff generally washes off with whatever I use to wash my face with or if I have layed mascara, I use a natural oil.

Hmmm, have never heard of using baby oil for eye makeup removal, vaseline I've heard of but it's never worked for me, I use Almay makeup remover pads. They're extremely saturated and they work great!

Latest posts

Back