Baby Wash, Lotion & Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone else use baby wash in the shower? I ran out of wash one day & only had my nephew's J&J baby wash in the house, so I gave it a try. I didn't realize that it was equally good compared to other fragranced washes/gels I've tried & a LOT cheaper.

This has prompted me to rethink baby products like lotion & oil for after the shower. I love how the wash made my skin smooth & soft w/out drying it out. I can only assume that using baby oil & lotion would help my skin even more.

Is this ok for me to continue or is it too harsh for my skin over a prolonged period of time? I know that babies & children require different stuff than adults, but I'm wondering if it's ok. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

I've never tried the Baby Wash on myself. But, certainly might be a good idea. I do use J&J lotion w/oil and the J&J 24 hour moisturizing lotion. Love them both.

Jen, how do you like the 24-hour lotion? I tried it @ my Aunt's while on vacation, but only on my hands. Does it leave a greasy feeling? Wanna try this on my legs.

all i know is that baby stuff is supposed to be more gentle and less fragranced that stuff for adults, so it probably wont be harsh. then again, if you have any special skin needs it probably wont tend those either. baby lotion is very very light.

baby oil is almost completely made of mineral oil. its probably not the best for your body skin if youre not constantly wet from a diaper. (are you? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i am in such a weird mood right now. sorry.) then again, it might be wonderful for you personally. i know that id be afriad to put baby oil on the areas of my skin that have KP, because the skin cells need to slough off any way they can.

on a side note, my brother always had diaper rash when he was little so mom slathered him with desitin. when i catch a whiff of that stuff i find it so delicious. lol.

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse its probably not the best for your body skin if youre not constantly wet from a diaper. (are you? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i am in such a weird mood right now. sorry.) *spits coffee all over keyboard* POST OF THE MONTH award goes to jasmine
biggrin.gif

Gail, I use the J&J lotion w/oil on my legs. I use the 24 hour all over too but prefer the lotion w/oil on my legs. My daughter prefers the 24 hour over the lotion w/oil. I don't think either one of them are oily.

I totally went through a baby products phase a few years ago! I used J&J baby wash on my face and body! I used the lotion and oil for moisturizing my body. It was a weird time for me, my first child was still a baby and I wasn't into thinking about my needs. I would never go back to doing that, I have too many issues that need to be addressed. The one exception is the baby lotion, it does moisturize the body well w/o being greasy, and leaves a silky finish.

I haven't used the baby wash in the shower but I've take baths with the little one and have had baby wash in the water. It leaves my skin nice and soft, not dry at all. I didn't even think to use it on my own in the shower. Will have to try this. I don't think they would be too hars on your skin, just the opposite.

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse baby oil is almost completely made of mineral oil. its probably not the best for your body skin if youre not constantly wet from a diaper. (are you? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i am in such a weird mood right now. sorry.) I'm laughing so hard, I might wake up the neighbors!
tongue.gif

You are too funny Jasmine!!! LMAO!!!
icon_lol.gif

I use the nightime lotion sometimes... (that has lavender in it) it smells like baby - and the lavender relaxes you ... plus the lotion is really nice actually!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I actually love using the Johnson Baby products, they smell so good and are not drying. I had a eye Dr tell me once after I had a bad eye infection, to use Johnson baby wash to clean my eye makeup off, because it is so gentle!

I use it a lot for eye makeup, it takes it all off and of course no tears!!

icon_smile.gif

Latest posts

Back