Bachelorette Party Gift?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok... this might sound like a dumb question, but am I supposed to bring a gift to a bachelorette party?
icon_wink.gif
I've only been to one other one, and it was my best friend, so I got her a few gag gifts for a laugh. Now this time it is a friend, not SUPER close, but one of my BF's friends that I've known for about 4 years ... She's having a "spa day" party with about 9 girls attending... now am I supposed to bring a gift? If so, what type of gift is usually given??
redface.gif

Thanks for any help or suggestions! Mwah! :icon_love

It sounds like it is a Wedding Shower rather than a Bachelorette party, which would entail things more like strippers.
wink.gif
For a Wedding Shower, you give gifts like sexy lingerie and other things to be used during the Honeymoom. For a Bachelorette Party, no need for a gift. Hth!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Ok... this might sound like a dumb question, but am I supposed to bring a gift to a bachelorette party?
icon_wink.gif
I've only been to one other one, and it was my best friend, so I got her a few gag gifts for a laugh. Now this time it is a friend, not SUPER close, but one of my BF's friends that I've known for about 4 years ... She's having a "spa day" party with about 9 girls attending... now am I supposed to bring a gift? If so, what type of gift is usually given??
redface.gif

Is this a bachelorette party or a bridal shower? Bachelorette party gifts are usually more racy, whereas bridal shower gifts tend to be things for the home (ie: kitchen items, bath & body products etc). How much do you want to spend?

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Is this a bachelorette party or a bridal shower? Bachelorette party gifts are usually more racy, whereas bridal shower gifts tend to be things for the home (ie: kitchen items, bath & body products etc). How much do you want to spend? She says it's her bachelorette party... She had her shower already April 23... got her stuff from her registry for the house... now instead of going into the city or out to a club or whatever her fiance is going away for the weekend for his party w/ the guys to do some Nascar experience, and then to Foxwoods or something - and she's doing the spa & possibly dinner. (I've realized a lot of his friends don't do the 'typical' parties!! lol)
cool.gif
So I'm confused as to what to do! Her wedding is June 12.

Sexy panties, edible panties, etc. All good picks!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 She says it's her bachelorette party... She had her shower already April 23... got her stuff from her registry for the house... now instead of going into the city or out to a club or whatever her fiance is going away for the weekend for his party w/ the guys to do some Nascar experience, and then to Foxwoods or something - and she's doing the spa & possibly dinner. (I've realized a lot of his friends don't do the 'typical' parties!! lol)
cool.gif
So I'm confused as to what to do! Her wedding is June 12.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 She says it's her bachelorette party... She had her shower already April 23... got her stuff from her registry for the house... now instead of going into the city or out to a club or whatever her fiance is going away for the weekend for his party w/ the guys to do some Nascar experience, and then to Foxwoods or something - and she's doing the spa & possibly dinner. (I've realized a lot of his friends don't do the 'typical' parties!! lol)
cool.gif
So I'm confused as to what to do! Her wedding is June 12. Hey,If it is a bachelorette party and your not that close close,maybe something like a nice robe or cover up for her honey moon,or perhaps some sort of bathand body works gift set,you know something still sexy,just not racy.
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Hey,If it is a bachelorette party and your not that close close,maybe something like a nice robe or cover up for her honey moon,or perhaps some sort of bathand body works gift set,you know something still sexy,just not racy.
icon_lol.gif

I just went to a bachelorette party April 23 ,and we went to the city.It was at least 12 girls and we stayed in time square in the Marriott marquise.We didn't really do the dinner thing although that was one of the original plans.We went to the bar in the hotel and the raciest it got was when my girl friend brought out penis straws. We also went to this club called duvet,Where they have beds that you lounge on,dance on.we had an awesome time,The spa idea sounds great too,nothing like being pampered with all your girls! Oh yeah ,there is also a on line site if you want some ideas for the party or gifts ** Bachelorette.com**

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes!
icon_wink.gif

Never been to one
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Ok... this might sound like a dumb question, but am I supposed to bring a gift to a bachelorette party?
icon_wink.gif
redface.gif

This sounds more like a shower than it does a bachelorette party. However, since you said she had her shower last month, I'd bring something fun to get the party going.

For a friend of mine, we got all kinds of fun stuff--edible panties, racy playing cards, phallic lollipops, a dog collar & leash, sexy thongs, etc. Our waiter thought it was the funniest thing & he kept feeding us drinks. Granted you'll be in a salon, so you might want to bring stuff for the bathroom--oil, bubble bath, sexy lingerie, etc.

Have fun!
biggrin.gif

icon_wink.gif
redface.gif

Janelle, if you know who else is going, call them up or email them & ask what their doing...Actually, I hoping all you girls don't have to kick into this "Spa Party" ???? Cause like for a bachelor party - all the guys take the future groom out for the night & they split $$$ among themselves for the party, food, drinks, strippers, etc....
eek.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Janelle, if you know who else is going, call them up or email them & ask what their doing...Actually, I hoping all you girls don't have to kick into this "Spa Party" ???? Cause like for a bachelor party - all the guys take the future groom out for the night & they split $$$ among themselves for the party, food, drinks, strippers, etc....
eek.gif
Well duh! Of course we have to pay!! LOL For us, and for her... that's why it looks like I'm only getting a pedicure and maybe the 1/2 hr. facial... I don't have like $200 to spend on all the stuff she wants us to get.
icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted by charms23
icon_rolleyes.gif
That's ridiculous! Why couldn't the bride had a bachelorette party that didn't cost so much? I mean, I don't know...I don't think that was very considerate, unless she knows every one that is coming can afford it. She's a bit *ahem* "yay for me the hell with you" all of the time, so although we were all a bit shocked at the price list - we knew it was coming!
icon_eek.gif
Everyone I've talked to that's going thinks it's a lot for a party. And then to do dinner afterwards? It starts at 9am... so it's going to be a long expensive day apparently... that's why I wasn't sure if you were supposed to bring a gift.
redface.gif

well that's not very nice. lol. i would call the other girls to see what they're gonna bring. and since you have to pay for the spa day that she freakin planned along with dinner, don't buy anything too expensive. if you have an adult store, there might be little gag gifts that are cheap, maybe a box of condoms, some underwear. i think fredericks of holly wood isn't too expensive for underwear, but i aven't gone there in awhile.

I'm sorry if this is harsh, but she sounds like a bridezilla. I wouldn't expect my friends to pay for EVERYTHING I wanted & planned. I'd talk to your friends & ask them what they plan on doing--perhaps all of you could chip in a few bucks (no more than $5) for the gag gift & then chip in to pay for her services. I'd skip dinner b/c that's just asking WAY too much.

Janelle, you're too nice. If it were me, I wouldn't go & @ most, would chip in $25 to help pay for her spa day.

Ditto Gail! That girl is just a bit too much for me. And what is this all day and dinner thing!!!
icon_eek.gif
I would understand if this was just an afternoon or evening thing... Janelle, you really are very nice.

Originally Posted by keaLoha I'm sorry if this is harsh, but she sounds like a bridezilla. I wouldn't expect my friends to pay for EVERYTHING I wanted & planned. I'd talk to your friends & ask them what they plan on doing--perhaps all of you could chip in a few bucks (no more than $5) for the gag gift & then chip in to pay for her services. I'd skip dinner b/c that's just asking WAY too much.
Janelle, you're too nice. If it were me, I wouldn't go & @ most, would chip in $25 to help pay for her spa day.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well duh! Of course we have to pay!! LOL For us, and for her... that's why it looks like I'm only getting a pedicure and maybe the 1/2 hr. facial... I don't have like $200 to spend on all the stuff she wants us to get.
icon_confused.gif
icon_eek.gif
Be sick that day.....
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 Wow, from 9 am and then dinner? If you're going to give her a gift, imo it's not necessary that you spend a lot on it. I agree with Charmaine. If you are already paying for her spa and dinner, that is her gift.

You guys took the words out of my mouth actually! She usually pretty nice... but she always has that (to put it how our other friends put it) a "Supermodel Attitude"
icon_redface.gif
It's horrible to say - but my bf and her fiance were really good friends for years, and once they got together (they were all friends then somehow out of nowhere they hooked up) her fiance never came around much, and if anything... she was always in tow.. which is fine, but my bf missed his friend. And since being with her, he is not the same person at all. So that reason was what originally started all the tension toward her. Then shes kind of hard to be around sometimes... if we all g out to eat, she'll be the one complaining about everything from the menu, to the table, to the food (usually sending it back) to the bill (itemizing everything to the penny on her share). So we all kind of knew that this was coming just by the way she is normally. She doesn't have any bridal party (just a maid of honor) so I guess thats why she is throwing her own party? I dunno... all I know is that we all go a mass email saying thats what we were gonna do, and then a dinner somewhere close to the spa.. etc etc then asked if anyone had something else they wanted to do on top of that to let her know... how much more than that!?! LOL But thats pretty much where we are now... the 'party' is the 21st of this month. My bf already decided that he isn't going to attend the bachelor party... he might do the dinner w/ them locally - but the whole weekend in Boston, he really isn't up for. He says that for the past 3 years he really hasn't been close to his friend anymore b/c of her - and its like he doesn't know him anymore. I feel bad, but that's the way she is... very dominating. She is the 'man' in the relationship..
icon_confused.gif
So I'm thinking maybe I can duck out after the spa - but I'm afraid she'll make some big display and be pissed that I'd leave before the "end" of the party... but she knows I've been having some financial prob's lately (thanks to some stupid mistakes I've made w/ an ex a few years back coming to bite me in the ass - never let anyone use your credit cards no matter how much they swear they'll pay you back!
icon_neutral.gif
I'll tell ya that much! lol ) But I think she'll still be mad. I want to get her something if that's customary... but I wasn't sure if that's what people did.
redface.gif
I've only had one close friend married so far that I was in the party - so I'd get her stuff regardless... but this situation I wasn't too sure of. Thanks for all your help gals!! Luv ya!!! :icon_love

Oh Janelle, I don't know what to say. I have known people like her and how they change the SO over time. I hope he finds happiness with her and the future is good for him. Let us know if we can do anything.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 You guys took the words out of my mouth actually! She usually pretty nice... but she always has that (to put it how our other friends put it) a "Supermodel Attitude"
icon_redface.gif
It's horrible to say - but my bf and her fiance were really good friends for years, and once they got together (they were all friends then somehow out of nowhere they hooked up) her fiance never came around much, and if anything... she was always in tow.. which is fine, but my bf missed his friend. And since being with her, he is not the same person at all. So that reason was what originally started all the tension toward her. Then shes kind of hard to be around sometimes... if we all g out to eat, she'll be the one complaining about everything from the menu, to the table, to the food (usually sending it back) to the bill (itemizing everything to the penny on her share). So we all kind of knew that this was coming just by the way she is normally. She doesn't have any bridal party (just a maid of honor) so I guess thats why she is throwing her own party? I dunno... all I know is that we all go a mass email saying thats what we were gonna do, and then a dinner somewhere close to the spa.. etc etc then asked if anyone had something else they wanted to do on top of that to let her know... how much more than that!?! LOL But thats pretty much where we are now... the 'party' is the 21st of this month. My bf already decided that he isn't going to attend the bachelor party... he might do the dinner w/ them locally - but the whole weekend in Boston, he really isn't up for. He says that for the past 3 years he really hasn't been close to his friend anymore b/c of her - and its like he doesn't know him anymore. I feel bad, but that's the way she is... very dominating. She is the 'man' in the relationship..
icon_confused.gif
So I'm thinking maybe I can duck out after the spa - but I'm afraid she'll make some big display and be pissed that I'd leave before the "end" of the party... but she knows I've been having some financial prob's lately (thanks to some stupid mistakes I've made w/ an ex a few years back coming to bite me in the ass - never let anyone use your credit cards no matter how much they swear they'll pay you back!
icon_neutral.gif
I'll tell ya that much! lol ) But I think she'll still be mad. I want to get her something if that's customary... but I wasn't sure if that's what people did.
redface.gif
I've only had one close friend married so far that I was in the party - so I'd get her stuff regardless... but this situation I wasn't too sure of. Thanks for all your help gals!! Luv ya!!! :icon_love

Originally Posted by lilla Oh Janelle, I don't know what to say. I have known people like her and how they change the SO over time. I hope he finds happiness with her and the future is good for him. Let us know if we can do anything.
smile.gif
All I can say is that HER future is now going to become HIS future!! LOL She's dead set on moving out of state in August.. why out of state? why August? who the heck knows!! Thats why everything is being rushed.. they only got engaged this December.. and the wedding is next month! Then in Aug. they're out of here, and she's taking her mother with her to live with them!
icon_eek.gif
(Meanwhile all his family & friends remain here). Something wrong with this picture? We all think so.. but he's been going along with it, (well just not saying ANYTHING really) so - guess that's the way the cookie crumbles!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back