Bachelorette Party Gift?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, she's just crazy then. lol. i don't see that marriage working out in the long run. i would go crazy if my mother-in-law was gonna live with me!!
icon_eek.gif
that's just not right. lol

Quote:
It sounds like it is a Wedding Shower rather than a Bachelorette party, which would entail things more like strippers. For a Wedding Shower, you give gifts like sexy lingerie and other things to be used during the Honeymoom. For a Bachelorette Party, no need for a gift. Hth! Woah, that isn't the norm around here!
icon_eek.gif

The type of gifts at parties vary by region or by the type of people .... at all the bridal showers I've been to, all the gifts were off the wedding registry (so things like kitchen items and other home items). You only bring sexy gifts to bridal showers specifically stated as "lingerie showers", at least in my area! (I've known girls who had lingerie showers but I wasn't close enough to any of them to be invited.) I mean, my bridal shower was at my church, people sure weren't going to bring lingerie to that!
eek.gif
Even the type of wedding gift varies by region -- from what I gathered from months visiting a wedding planning forum, in the Midwest most guests bring gifts while on the East Coast most guests bring cash. So if you're not sure what's standard, try asking some other girls that are invited to the party!

I've only been to one bachelorette party and no one brought gifts -- the bride was getting married in 2 days so she was already getting wedding gifts! Plus, the party was just a simple dinner out and then board games at home, no strippers or anything like that (none of us were really into anything like strippers, as far as I know). We were all poor college students or recent grads, so we just paid for our own meals (~$10) and that was it!

(I didn't have a bachelorette party myself, some of my bridesmaids didn't get into town until the day of the rehearsal, and I wanted to spend time with some out-of-town family that came in for the wedding! But if I had one it would have also been something simple like dinner and a movie, with no gifts expected!)

Back