Back 2 MAC -- get free lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's some info on MAC's recycling program, BACK 2 MAC (hidden in the recesses of their website!). Great resource for you MACaholics!

Back to M·A·C Program

As a part of a pro-environment commitment to recycle/reuse waste, M·A·C recycles its primary packaging through the Back to M·A·C Program. M·A·C encourages our customers to return primary packaging of many M·A·C products to M·A·C counters. This packaging is then forwarded to appropriate recycling centers. By returning six (6) M·A·C primary packaging containers to a M·A·C counter, you will receive a free M·A·C Lipstick of your choice [except for the Viva Glams]. This is how we thank you for helping the environment through recycling.

Most primary packaging of M·A·C products is accepted as Back to M·A·C "currency." M·A·C does not accept the following as a part of the program:

• Secondary packaging of any sort [paper box, plastic/cellophane wrapper, shopping bags, etc.]
  • Samples [sample containers, special/trial size products for promotional/seasonal kits]
  • Cosmetic applicators/tools [disposables, puffs, sponges, scissors, spatulas, swabs, sharpeners, tweezers, curlers]
  • Accessories [bags, belts, make-up cases, lashes, Blot Film]

The counter manager told me they're now accepting glass--nail polish & foundations--in addition to the plastic. Yippee!
biggrin.gif

I did this a few months back and got 3 free lippies. Gotta love a brand that promotes recycling with free lipstick!
smile.gif

This is really great. I didn't know they offered this progam. Thanks for posting this!

i loooove the B2M program. sometimes it takes me a while to save them, and sometimes i swap for several at once. the only bad part is that you cant exchange a free l/s if the color doesnt work for you.
frown.gif

on a side note, i went to the mac counter today and taught the MA how to de-pot e/s. lol. she said that she and the other girls looked at my empties last week and wanted to know how i got the pans out of the pots. they said that im the only one who actually brings empties in. i thought that was too funny.

You serious Jasmine! LMAO!! Don't you just love it when you know more than the MAC MA's!! I love B2M.. It rocks..

oh, i know! lol. the MA i talked to about it is really sweet. last week i talked to the one that i went to HS with about getting shadow instead of l/s, and she said she cant do it, which is no biggie. im planning a huge gloss.com order (brand selection is slim, but they do have mac!) and i realised that i have all the shadows i want save sumptuous olive, coppering, and amber lights.

Originally Posted by Laura You serious Jasmine! LMAO!! Don't you just love it when you know more than the MAC MA's!! I love B2M.. It rocks..

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but I have a dumb question. I really just need clarification. I don't need to keep the black paper boxes the products come in, do I? I can just throw those way, right?

I'm bumping an old thread for clarification purposes.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux M·A·C does not accept the following as a part of the program:

Samples [sample containers, special/trial size products for promotional/seasonal kits] Does th^at mean MAC doesn't accept the items in the Try On Pacs? I have returned mine before and they let me. Then again, they never seem to even look at what I bring back which is odd to me.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa I'm bumping an old thread for clarification purposes.Does th^at mean MAC doesn't accept the items in the Try On Pacs? I have returned mine before and they let me. Then again, they never seem to even look at what I bring back which is odd to me.

For the Try On Pacs, you need to bring in the entire promotional set. It counts as 1 out of your 6. Same goes for holiday piggie & gloss sets etc.
That's strange they don't examine what you're turning in. Every once in a while I get a shady B2M, haha.

That's really a nice idea of MAC. I only thought they accepted e/s. Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux For the Try On Pacs, you need to bring in the entire promotional set. It counts as 1 out of your 6. Same goes for holiday piggie & gloss sets etc.
That's strange they don't examine what you're turning in. Every once in a while I get a shady B2M, haha.

Oh, ok, thanks for the clarification!

do they accept empty eyeshadow pots? if yes, do we get a free lippie with that or a free eyeshadow? =)

Originally Posted by foxyqt do they accept empty eyeshadow pots? if yes, do we get a free lippie with that or a free eyeshadow? =) yes... you get a free lippie for B2M's... no matter what you turn in
smile.gif

Originally Posted by foxyqt do they accept empty eyeshadow pots? if yes, do we get a free lippie with that or a free eyeshadow? =) Yup, you can bring back empty eyeshadow pots, but you only receive a free lipstick.
Also, a lot of people don't realize that you can mix & match your empties. You don't need to just bring back, say, 6 empty Studio Techs. You can bring back 1 mascara, 1 lipstick, 1 compact, 1 nail polish, 1 brush cleanser and 1 empty false lash box.

Latest posts

Back