Back Acne and soon to be chest acne...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are there any creams or washes that any of you would reccomend to treat back acne and chest acne?

Welcome to MuT Freeshirt!
icon_smile.gif

I'm not sure how much/what type of acne you're experiencing on your back and chest, but I am prone to clogged pores, mostly on my back and sometimes on my chest. These are the bumps with waxy plugs in them versus whiteheads.

For me, the best treatment is to avoid fabric softener, use an exfoliating sisal cloth and avoid body washes. Body washes and synthetic detergent soaps like Dove and Olay don't cleanse well enough for those areas and I found a significant decrease in "bacne" when I switched to a traditional soap. My favorites for keeping my skin clear are from Savon de Luxe (made by Mudlark) and Laura Mercier Luxury Soaps. You may be able to get the same results from L'Occitane soaps and similar shea butter or olive oil natural triple-milled soaps from your local health food store.

On a side note: The downside to using traditional soaps is the buildup they cause on the shower walls and floor. I found that Zep Commercial Shower, Tub and Tile cleaner is hands-down the best cleaner on the market. It cleans super-fast with minimal elbow grease. It's also cheaper than most cleaning products, too. You can find it at Home Depot!
smile.gif

Thanks for the welcome ! hehe well on my back I have a few of those "waxy plugs" you mentioned but really I just have bright red plain old acne. It's gross. I was thinking aobut starting to get treatments for it where I get my facials. I'd probably go only a few times a year but hopefully that'll help. But I'm definitly gonna give the regular soap a try

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Welcome to MuT Freeshirt!
icon_smile.gif

I'm not sure how much/what type of acne you're experiencing on your back and chest, but I am prone to clogged pores, mostly on my back and sometimes on my chest. These are the bumps with waxy plugs in them versus whiteheads.

For me, the best treatment is to avoid fabric softener, use an exfoliating sisal cloth and avoid body washes. Body washes and synthetic detergent soaps like Dove and Olay don't cleanse well enough for those areas and I found a significant decrease in "bacne" when I switched to a traditional soap. My favorites for keeping my skin clear are from Savon de Luxe (made by Mudlark) and Laura Mercier Luxury Soaps. You may be able to get the same results from L'Occitane soaps and similar shea butter or olive oil natural triple-milled soaps from your local health food store.

On a side note: The downside to using traditional soaps is the buildup they cause on the shower walls and floor. I found that Zep Commercial Shower, Tub and Tile cleaner is hands-down the best cleaner on the market. It cleans super-fast with minimal elbow grease. It's also cheaper than most cleaning products, too. You can find it at Home Depot!
smile.gif

One thing that I know works for zit-type bacne is Persagel at bedtime. Just sleep in a white t-shirt so the medication won't bleach your bedsheets. Give it a few weeks and you should see some improvement.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back