Back on the prowl for the elusive HG.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my dilemma, which is total BS and I am insanely mad!

I have been noticing that my "HG" Aubrey Nicole was just not working for me, and truly never really has. The coverage hasn't been to my liking, and it was turning very orangey on me. I didn't like it at all. I went back to some EDM samples and was happy that it didn't do the same thing at all. I have since used my Lumiere, EDM and Meow samples, and I love them all, and they all give me much better coverage than the AN ever did. Now, since I have more excuses, I'm looking into other brands to try.

My other dilemma is my skin coloring/undertones. I thought I had it figured out, but clearly I do not. When I wash my face, my skin never has pigmentation, really. It is just pale white (my avatar looks different, but trust me, I am WHITE) I get most of my foundations in "cool", but when I tried my EDM sample in "Neutral", it happened to actually look better, and VERY VERY close to how my skin looks after I wash it. Cool looks okay, and nice too, but it always seemed a bit off to me. Now I'm having an issue with whether I'm Neutral or Cool in my undertones. I mean, I have checked the obvious, like the color of my veins, etc...and they look blue, so I mean, duh...but Neutral and Cool look like "my shade", so it's weird.

Anyway, I am really upset that what I settled on as my HG is really not HG at all...it sucks, but I'll get over it. Now it's off to find some more brands to try! UGH!! Wish me luck! Any suggestions are totally welcome!

It sounds like the AN shade was the wrong color or too dark. You may want to try a company that has very light shades. AN's colors don't really match for really pale skintones. I'm not pale. If I had to, I could wear AN's fairest light (even though it's a bit too light). AN's not really geared toward the really pale.

Keep sampling.
smile.gif
It's fun and you willl find your HG, eventually!

I would try Lumiere's colors again, maybe in Light Neutral it says on the description

Light skin with neutral undertone that sounds like a match to me....... and Lumiere's foundation is one of the best. Maybe do the sample kit and get a darker shade and lighter shade so you can mix.

Have you also tried Everyday Minerals? That was my first HG but now I'm a Lumiere Addict...

I love EDM, actually. Great coverage, and it would be my HG had other brands not existed.

I found recently with my MMU samples is that Neutral is only a TAD too dark for my skin..on my jawline you have to look REALLY close to see that my skin is a bit lighter, but unless you look hard at the jawline, you would never know...I even asked people to make sure it wasn't all in my head so it turns out that my undertones, as I have read elsewhere, is neutral leaning towards cool.

While I sample others, EDM and Meow have been great for me -- this is a different formulation of each, which just seems to work better on my skin.

There are some really light powders that you can mix in to make it a bit lighter if you need to. I'm pretty sure Fyrinnae has one.

I am very pale myself. I recently switched my hg foundation to Fyrinnae superpower foundation in pearl. Seems to blend really well into my odd undertones. I believe it might be a neutral. The coverage is great and it stays on better than most I have tried.

I'm loving Mad Minerals right now,it sounds like we have the same tones. Try sampling Fair from Mad or Ashlie from Monave.

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah, I noticed! =P -- I wore fairest lt. cool. My experience with AN is that the foundations all run a little dark and "different" in coloring. I'm medium golden but the medium golden in AN shows up very dark on my face and quite olivey.
Have you looked into Cory's? The coverage is heavier than most and her colors run quite fair compared to most.

Latest posts

Back