Back to school makeup for 15 yr. old

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
hand.gif
I am going to be starting a new semester of college this fall(I graduated early),and i wanted to know some affordable makeup i could purchase to create this look

crimsonaire pink pearl sketch shroom blacktrack on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

pink bronze fuschia melton mauve vanilla blacktrack on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

summer neutral satin taupe mulch nylon on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm on a budget, so I cant really afford Mac like the lady used for her look..
bawling.gif
something cheap that a 15 yr.old girl can afford for back 2 school. what colors to use?Do you think milani has some similar colors?
fragez.gif

g.gif
thanks in advance!

Honestly, I would say just hit up the drugstores. I did it all the time and there are some really awesome colors in there for cheap.
smile.gif
There's not really one specific brand for all that, try scanning the wal-mart or drugstore aisles and see what you can find to match-- I'd print out the colors and take them with me if I were you
smile.gif

Yeah drugstore would be just fine. Try prestige. But being 15 & in college I dont think id do a "hot me up" look. With you being so young & all the pervs in college. Id stick to simple things, I dont think you'll have tons of time on your hands for make-up applaicatiion.

I think you should order from some of the mineral companies like Taylor Made Minerals.
smile.gif

NYX !!!

actually let me color it out for you:

these are not exact matches but will get you those looks pretty dang close

(NYX unless otherwise noted)

Crimsonaire Shadestick - hot pink jumbo pencil

Pink Pearl Pigment - flamingo single eyeshadow

Sketch e/s - eggplant single eyeshadow

Shroom e/s - nude single eyeshadow

Blacktrack Fluidline - revlon colorstay black

MAC Pink Bronze pigment - fanta loose pearl & sky pink loose pearl together

MAC Fuschia pigment - cherry single eyeshadow

MAC Melton Mauve e/s - maybe beauty queen single eyeshadow

MAC Vanilla e/s - barely there single eyeshadow

that last look-

(no particular order or substitute, gold is a person preference and looks diff on everyone.)

mink, oro, and nude loose pearls

maybe sahara pearl or gold pearl ulitmate pearl eyeshadows

and 24 karat slim pencil

oh- and buy on ebay- you can get the entire loose pearl collection for around $25

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nyx!!! I second the NYX recommendation!!! It's cheap, but with a big color payoff!! My new discovery is NYX's jumbo pencils. If u apply just the right amount of it, u get pretty good color and a good e/s base that makes e/s even more vibrant and makes them stay put (with no creasing)!! I also love NYX's glosses. U can find NYX in beauty supply stores and independent clothing stores, ULTA, Longs, Savon...the list goes on...u just have to really keep an eye out for it. Before I discovered NYX I just kept passing them by, and now I seem to find their stuff pretty easily.
I also like L'oreal's HIP line especially their duos, but it's a bit more expensive than NYX. It has good color payoff too.

keep it natural-minimal makeup always works well in a school environment- loreal and nyx are your best drugstore brands and check into MARK cosmetics-they always have trendy, cute stuff!

Yeah, with college...I didn't even have time to wear make-up until last year and even THEN it was only 'cause I managed to get some later classes than 7AM! College is fun but it really is a lot of work. I go to a pretty highly ranked private women's college in ATL, and they absolutely slam you with work.

On the plus side, it's an all girls' school, so NO ONE GIVES A CRAP haha, we'd just roll out in our PJ's, tame our hair, and go.

Being at a co-ed institution with you only 15, however, I really agree that it would be a lot better to just do your make-up for yourself, and not to impress some guy. My first year we spent a lot of time at GA Tech and ...well, there are a lot of girls who had unfortunate experiences.
frown.gif

That being said, getting into college at 15 is an amazing accomplishment! Hang in there and don't get discouraged with anything, and if you want to talk about any classes/expereinces/anything let me know.
smile.gif
I've been a mentor ("big sister") to the incoming freshman classes at my school for 3 years now...I think I've seen it all haha.

First off, congrats!! That is a great accomplishment and I wish you the best at college!

I agree with the NYX, it will give you the most color payoff that you are looking for with those photos and it won't bust your wallet, unless you go completely overboard! I'd go with brewgrl's recs.

You can find NYX at Ulta stores now and you can buy it online as well from their website NYX Cosmetics: Simple Life, Simple Cosmetics , as well as a look at all the different products they offer. Also, sometimes you can find NYX at small accessory shops and some beauty supply stores, you may want to check your local mall.

I'm a mark rep and I'd plug mark as well, but for the color you want I would go with NYX, but mark has some really great products, especially the new Flip For Its that will be available later this month. I have the New York one and it has 2 eyeshadows perfect for a smokey eye, 1 blush and 4 lipglosses- also come in Paris and Milan, each has different shades.

Latest posts

Back